Highland Farms Inc. Employee Review

View all Highland Farms Inc. reviews

Horrible Place to Work
Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 February 2019
Highland Farms was a terrible place to work. In the couple of months that I was there I learned a lot about how they like to treat their employees. First of all the owners have no respect for their employees. 2 weeks before Christmas, they announced that it was now mandatory to work on boxing day, messing up the Christmas plans of many of the staff. They don't bother to learn your name and look down on you with their noses up in the air. You are also expected to work for free because they don't pay overtime. People don't take their breaks because there is too much work to do and they don't even get paid for it. The manager at the bakery (where I worked) was a completly rude and overall a mean human being. While I worked there I was constantly harassed over the littlest of things. I also noticed that they like to take advantage of their younger staff treating us as if we were below them. They don't even let you talk to your co-workers thus creating an unpleasant working atmosphere. Some people were very nice but the lack of respect from others outweighed the good. If you want to apply to work here I strongly suggest you don't.
Pros
Some nice people.
Cons
Literally everything.

Other Highland Farms Inc. Employee Reviews

A day at Highland Farms
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 April 2019
I have handled many transactions in highland farms in various departments including OLG at customer service desk, smart serve certified experience in wine and beer store and cafe, and chocolate shop as a front end cashier. I have been with the company for almost 3 years and now i am studying to be a Pharmacy Assistant. My customers are what brings a smile to my face and keeps me moving forward and motivated.
Productive and helping
Produce Trimmer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 April 2019
A typical day start with displaying tables with fresh produce/fruits.
Workplace culture is enjoyable.Most of the other employees are above 50+ and matured like me.The management always makes certain on selling Fresh produce/fruits etc. etc.,which is something we do not see in other grocery stores.
I learned trimming produces, setting up tables for fruit displays.Management and Manager is always there to assist you in case of doubt.
We work as a family/team here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Highland Farms Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.