Highland Farms Inc. Employee Review

View all Highland Farms Inc. reviews

No respect for home life
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 October 2018
I worked here a short time as they were not at all understanding of my home life and having young children. They were not at all willing to adjust schedules or accept minor availability restrictions. I also noticed many people working overtime and not being paid for it!! Very disappointed with my experience there... I never felt such a lack of understanding from an employer.
After 2 months they decided "i was not a good fit for the company" after I requested more closing shift and less day shifts due to child care and i had TRADED shifts 2 times for a closing shift. i didnt call in sick or anything just switched with someone and they absolutely did not like that at all. Unbelievable.
Pros
Mostly full time positions
Cons
no home / work life balance

Other Highland Farms Inc. Employee Reviews

A day at Highland Farms
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 April 2019
I have handled many transactions in highland farms in various departments including OLG at customer service desk, smart serve certified experience in wine and beer store and cafe, and chocolate shop as a front end cashier. I have been with the company for almost 3 years and now i am studying to be a Pharmacy Assistant. My customers are what brings a smile to my face and keeps me moving forward and motivated.
Productive and helping
Produce Trimmer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 April 2019
A typical day start with displaying tables with fresh produce/fruits.
Workplace culture is enjoyable.Most of the other employees are above 50+ and matured like me.The management always makes certain on selling Fresh produce/fruits etc. etc.,which is something we do not see in other grocery stores.
I learned trimming produces, setting up tables for fruit displays.Management and Manager is always there to assist you in case of doubt.
We work as a family/team here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Highland Farms Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.