Highland Farms Inc. Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

2.7Pay & Benefits
Customer Service
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON31 October 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with. It was a friendly and fun atmosphere, and I actually enjoyed going to work each morning.
I felt the leadership team was great as well. They knew all of their employees on a first name basis and tried to make those personal connections. I also enjoyed that fact that the office tried to do community outreach with local organizations.
One of the reasons I’m leaving is that I felt I was not challenged enough at the job. As a new employee in the working world, the company offered me a great opportunity for a good entry level position—one that I’ll always be grateful for. However, after being there for so many years, I felt I wasn’t able to reach my full potential because of a real lack of challenge. There was no room for advancement in the company. While I did enjoy working there and appreciate the skills I developed while with the company, I feel my skill set can be better utilized elsewhere, where my capabilities are more recognized, and there is the opportunity for growth.
Fun and relaxed environment to work in. Great Staff!
Cashier / Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON7 September 2012
If I had one word which can describe my day at work, it would be "flexibility." When I get there I do my routinely walk to the punch clock, to begin the next 8 1/2 hours of my life. However I had the opportunity to work or oversee what takes place at the different sections of this supermarket, including the deli, bakery, caffe, meat and seafood department, flower shop, cashier, grocery and administration.

The most enjoyable part of the day however was working alongside some of the best members of staff I have ever worked with in my life. We worked diligently while help keeping a smile on each others faces. What I learned the most from this job was how to deal with people from all walks of life and their concerns and the importance of having good customer service skills.

For me there is nothing I can think of that is difficult. There are times, especially on weekends when the store is busier than usual and more staff and assistance is required, but I make it through quite good, with little difficulty.
Pros
employee discount card and discounted meals
Cons
irregularity of shifts