Highland Farms Inc. Employee Reviews for Cashier

2.9Job Security & Advancement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 February 2016
A fast friendly place to work. Hardest part of the job was when there weren't stickers on items and you have to look them up.
Pros
Half hour lunch
Cons
Older equipment
fun and experience gaining job
cashier (Former Employee) –  dufferin and finch2 September 2014
my typical days been always fun at work because I love to have face to face interact with customers and meet people of different ethnicity and diversity. I learned a lot from different situations and strategies at my work places. those experiences gained me a lot of self confident of handling situations, experience of handling my duties in more proficient and efficient ways, earned the experience of obtaining customers satisfactions especially those which are a bite critical in whatever ways they get the service.
the hardest part of the job was some time when u see customers are in a very upset situation and you can help them fully because of company rules and the enjoyable part for me was when I m been able to solve their problem at whatever position I was but if it was beyond my limitations I always get them to my supervisor in charge who could handle their problem and satisfaction in professional ways. I got so much good feed backs and customer`s satisfaction for being helpful and attentive to their need.
Not a good place to work
Full time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 April 2013
This company has little respect for their employees, You are expected to give your 110% for 50% compensation. The owners are rude, the head cashier is always in a bad mood, you are not allowed to have a life. once you get the job your life is over or better yet you cannot get another because they set the work schedule so that its impossible to go find another job once you find out working for highland farm is not worth it.
There is a high turn over of employees specially at the cashier department, the head cashier has little or no respect for the girls working their shifts, if one cashier annoy her everyone gets it! she play favorite and those who happened to be in her good list then those girls are favored.
One thing for sure HIGHLAND farm is not worth it
Cons
no free lunches/ punchclock is far from the lunchroom
nice clean place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dufferin St Torono,On14 March 2013
Great place to work, if co-workers don't try to be your boss. not good for mothers with young child. teammates don't help you when you ask, as a trainee co-workers should help you as needed.
Cons
long shifts