HIGHBURY CANCO Employee Reviews

Decent job
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON8 May 2019
The jobs are fairly easy, you're on your feet all day, and you get 3 breaks. It was boring, but it was a decent job to make money for college/university.
general labor
General laborer (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON2 May 2019
this place in not the best to work i have been there only a few months and i got the run around and they treat people unfair and complete disrespect then and they lie to you about a lot of this that really shod be told the truth. but i can say they if you bug then enough they well help you but you have to keep asking unlit they are ready to
One of the worst jobs ive had
Forklift Operator/Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON27 March 2019
I worked in the warehouse on a lift truck they act like safety is number 1 until it gets in the way of production numbers then they want you to drive at unsafe speeds for the clutter and skids everywhere. As for management goes to them everyone is replaceable and expect ZERO respect from them and the supervisors are the same they fired the only one that gave us respect. Don't work here
Pros
Cons
Everything about the place
safe and health workplace
General Laborer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON14 March 2019
As I work here for a month and I learn many things like teamwork and time management. I will like to work here again If I got a chance and will tell my friend to apply here because of salary benefits.
Pros
Good timing of Breaks
Cons
Good Salary
Learning Experience
machine operator assistant (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON4 March 2019
It was a great time at High-bury Canco Ltd. It gave me chance to enhance my skills and supported my passion of working in the industrial environment. Had a great time there.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON20 February 2019
I loved going into work everyday and being able to feel like I mattered. My coworkers were amazing and I loved that I had a chance to improve my skills within the company.
After almost 5 years they are beggining to understand the effect of poor management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON8 February 2019
Very fast paced production facility suffering from poor management. The inability to understand that the workforce is your strongest asset. Supervisors promoted from within with little knowledge of fundamental requirements of a competent supervision. Leadership has no grasp on basic manufacturing fundamentals.
Pros
salary for the area is good
Cons
having to deal with incompetence.
Great at first could be again
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON24 January 2019
This was a good place at first but now its getting out of control to many call ins probably bye the younger workers who dont have to pay for much in life company does not seem to care about the experinced workers
Pros
Freindly people
Cons
Weekend work
Best place for part time work
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON21 October 2018
As a student its very difficult to find a job. But hibury canco management is so friendly that they understand our situation. They never say no to any student. From my side its a very gud job while you studying.
Overall good.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON9 October 2018
Staff is very coperative.Supervisors behave very friendly.I feel like a family while working with them.They provide good salary and everything is good.
Pros
Breakes in every hour doen't let us tired.
Cons
Animals scared sometimes.
Good company
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  CA8 October 2018
Company is very good. they give us to Saturday pizza party and Sunday meal and one extra pop. they provide a lot of facilities for employers like lunch room, good environment and so many things
Great for co-op students
Quality Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON3 October 2018
Lots of other co-op students to have lunch with, and made it easy to work with other departments. Work was pretty easy and interesting to see all the work that goes into some of the food products you buy. Great cafeteria on site for cheap lunches.
Fun work place
Skilled Worker (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON17 September 2018
A Typical day starts with assigning a work place at a particular station and making sure we know how to do that job. The supervisors are very supportive and encouraging
Pros
free dinners and lunches on sunday
Cons
Sometimes too much workload
Work you long and hard and not care about you
Runner duties (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON3 September 2018
Although the pay is not bad they work environment and morale was very poor as it seemed when ever on break the other employees were complaining about the owners and/or pay for amount of work expected. There would almost always be a notice of the weekend overtime even before Monday started. The schedules were only posted a day before so it was very difficult to plan a personal life. I was working 60 hours per week and still was complained about that I did not come in for weekend shifts. This place is always hiring since few stay for a long time
Pros
N/a
Cons
Often long work week
Run away!
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON10 August 2018
Unless your skill trades they don't value you or pay a livable wage.
14.50 to start, and you cap at 15 dollars an hour!

Because of this the job culture is negative at best, most days down right toxic. If your looking at this place as a potiential employer, don't run away!
Overworked, underpaid.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON6 August 2018
Schedule for work is only shown one day in advance. If you want to know if you can plan things on the weekends, you will have to wait until Friday afternoon before you will know if you're free or not. There is very little opportunity for a personal life if you work at Highbury Canco.

Management is very sloppy. Expect everything to be pushed onto you as a new worker, with little to no concerns for your well-being. Production will run regardless of the strain it will put onto you and your co-workers.

Break rooms reek of vinegar fumes + whatever else is being produced that day, and cleanliness in break/food areas is effectively non-existent, with management doing nothing to help with this.

Overall a terrible place to work. You'll be underpaid relative to the work you'll put in. Hard work will go unnoticed by management; there is no company ladder to climb, you are simply a husk that exists to do low wage labour to them. If you care about your own health and well-being, you should try to avoid this place.
Pros
None.
Cons
Poor scheduling, terrible work environment, condescending management
highbury
General Labour (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON13 July 2018
The people that work there are all underpaid. The entire factory, between Wahehouse and production is a mess and utterly unorganized. We have such poor management with horrible attitudes and never following their procedures and enduring a gossip filled environment. Working at Highbury, you will always feel like your a "number" and far from a human, you will wake up and go to work miserable every day waiting for the final minute of your shift. If they can take more and give less, and find a way to do so, they will do everything in their power to do so, and share to the media its promising, when in reality it isn't.
benefits
Cons
everything
Very dangerous and careless work place
Cook room (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON13 April 2018
All of the above management is terrible saftey is terrible and food quality is terrible .. Low pay lowball benefits .uneducated work force .. Terrible attitudes and work ethics
Pros
Half hour breaks
Cons
Very unsafe and dangerous
bad
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  leamington ontario22 November 2017
poor place to work with current contract. i couldnt handle all the constant bs adn harrassment from other employees. Was hoping to stay but no chance.
Pros
Cons
so much
Good workplace environment
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON8 September 2017
A great place to work if you are in production. Run very well and very organized. The ware house on the other hand is not very organized and is run on last minute decisions from management.
Pros
Family environment, unionized
Cons
Average wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HIGHBURY CANCO. Our community is ready to answer.

HIGHBURY CANCO Reviews by Location