High Prairie School Division

High Prairie School Division Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews

High Prairie School Division Employment

The staff at HPSD were wonderful to work with. I was welcomed and supported at each school I worked at. I learned how dedicated the teachers are to providing the best education possible to the students there.

Worst place I've ever worked

I have never been so disrespected in my life. Was told I had to "earn my salary" despite working 30 hours extra weekly. Teachers are treated like garbage and EA's are treated worse. Head office only cares about statistics, they don't care about helping students grow. Working for HPSD has turned me off teaching completely. If this is what education is really like, I'm shocked at how corrupt it is

Great summer job

Worked alone most of the time but staff are extremely friendly. Slowed down during the mid summer when the schools are closed and was significantly more relaxed. Hardest part was the training, moved very fast but when you get the hang of it it's easy.

Unfair Evaluation Practices

HPSD used to be the envy of all school divisions, but over the past few years, has started to decline. It's unfair and biased evaluation process pushed me out of a permanent contract. Despite stating at least 2 formal planned evaluations, only 1 formal planned occurred, with 4 unannounced 'walk in' evaluations making up the remainder of the evaluation.

I also got extra for mileage and the number of children picked up on tour.

I truly enjoyed the children that I came into contact with the other staff members were a pleasure to work with. Also the school staff were very helpful.

Grade 6 Teacher

Learning and growing with a group of young people is one of the most rewarding experiences I have had. They taught me as much as I taught them. Working with Educational Assistants was a new experience for me as well and added many new dynamics to this job. The hardest part of being a teacher has to be learning everyone's personality traits and learning abilities, while trying to make sure that everyone is able to learn in a safe and caring environment.

Pros

Rewarding, enjoyable life experience. Good salary with benefits.

Cons

long hours beyond what was expected.

great place to work

I work in schools daily with students in grade 1-12. We ran a number of social skills groups, health classes, presentations and also did one-on-one counseling, My co-workers were exceptional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at High Prairie School Division. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement