High Arctic Energy Services

High Arctic Energy Services Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews
Good Environment
Over the time at High Arctic I was able to work in a collaborative environment with great employees and teammates. Field personnel are well supported and have a strong safety culture and team environment. Management and support staff are professional and well respected.
Productive Environment
it was a fast paced job, great work environment and I learnt lot I trades from the job.

The hardest part of the job was long hours on rear occasions but it overall. good job
Great place to work.
I spent many great years working with this company, would highly recommend. The company was really great and the people were also great to work with.
Worn out equipment
Managed by a bunch of idiots
Field sups should be back running tongs They go to the states and are fleet out down there and not making a dime shows you what lack of experience these guys have as an organization

I will tell you this you want to snub you go to Snubco or Team snubbing
Great work experience
Great team to work for with a very safe work ethic. You must be fit and willing to work hard. I learned a lot and management took the time to ensure safety on site.
No guidance
Work is not steady
Alway thinking they are going to cut people

No long term vision

Management is always looking out for there friends.

Growth is very hard, not sure if going to USA with no plan was a good idea
positive company to work for
I genuinely enjoy working at HAES and am glad I do. There are many good people here, countless people that have incredible skills, that I am always learning from. Every day we laugh, get our work done, and make connections. I enjoy all the little perks too. The positive attitudes are more common than not. The office environment is safe and very clean. Overall staff safety and comfort is a priority for management.
Awesome People, Awesome Equipment
Great place to work. They take the time to find good solid hands. Their equipment is some of the best, they have regular maintenance on it. Work for top customers in the industry and they allow you to take your time to work safely, no rush jobs!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at High Arctic Energy Services?
Great Oil and Gas Company To Work for, Tons of Work
With the downturn over the last couple years the company always manages to stay busy and they are always willing to allow the guys to work in other locations and divisions to stay busy. Great atmosphere, crews are awesome to work with. Seems they have a lot of long term and loyal employees. Love that i have options for camp work and local work. Management is always doing there best to take care of employees. Best company out there when it comes to safety culture hands down.
I have been with the company for almost 2 years. I enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of the office and work with some amazing people both in the office and the field. Great Company to work for!!
Office Staff Is Like Having A Second Family
The office staff is truly what makes this a great company to work for. Everyone is so passionate about their jobs and will lend a helping hand no matter what department you are in. It really gives the atmosphere a family feel and enjoyable to come in to work every day. Not to mention they work so hard to make sure field staff are happy and taken care of. You can't win all battles but they always give 100% no matter what.
Best place I've ever worked at
I currently work for High Arctic Energy and it is the best job I've ever had. I absolutely love it here. There's no micromanaging, I have an amazing boss and I can express myself without being afraid of backlash. I know not everyone has the same experience but there is no need to be disgruntle. If you don't fit the position or get along with the people around you, then just move on and find something more suited for yourself. Haes is always looking out for the little guy and making sure we make it home safe at the end of the day. Over the last 2 years of working here I have never been mistreated and everyone I have come into contact with has been nothing but kind and helpful. At the end of the day they just want whats best for us and the company and realize you have to have a work / life balance.
Great Team & office
Working from the cold lake office with a great team who all are very knowledgeable and informed in their positions. Lots of support and work hard to make sure everyone is working. Cold Lake is steady and offers lots of hours and the ability to be home every night. Great company and culture to be apart of.
job
i didn't work there very long as there wasn't much work but the crew i worked with was great and hard working and loved their jobs. nice to be picked up in the morning and dropped off at night
Terrible Place to Work
God awful place to work.
Lousy management.

Terrible company culture.

Some of those clowns have been let go but even more need to be.

HR doesn’t seem to care when problems are brought up.

Lecturing.

Calgary office is the place to work if you like being visually undressed, socially excluded and on the line of being harassed and bullied.

High Arctic what happened to you.
Cons
Abuse
Bullying atmosphere
Loved the people I worked with, with the exception of some management. No recognition for the hard work and clean up of the mess left by previous employees. If they don't like you - they show you the door. High turnover
Pros
Majority of the people are good and fun to work with
Cons
Some management are bullies
Temporary Position
As a Temp, I was treated different from other employees. Most of the people that I dealt with were very nice, but there were a few who always reminded me that I would be there long.
Bad place to work
Worked there for just over a month. Bunch of drunks(driving home while drinking) and coke heads, bad pay for the work. Crew did not seem interested training a new guy.
Cons
Cold Lake office staff have terrible management skills
Cold Lake for Imperial Oil. Work is good, home every day. Cold Lake office staff doesn’t care at all about employees, which is reflected by their high turnover and constant loss of qualified employees. The only time they stand behind their employees is when they are throwing them under a bus. All field employees were hoping that office staff would get switched out when High Arctic bought out Tervita. Promotions are very hard to get unless you are one of their favorites or have the last name Gibbons.
Pros
Home every night if working around Cold Lake.
Cons
No commitment to employees.
Awful place to work
Worked there for 3 months ..saw about 6 guys that had been there 10 years or more Quite ..and no one cared ..very high turnover rate ..very low wages .even for hard times very shotty old equipment as well
Pros
15 and 6 shift
Cons
Management and low pay
Not a bad place to work. Just really cold all the time
A normal day at work would consist of trying to get the equipment started because it would be so cold out nothing would run. It was my first snubbing job so I started out tailing pipe then moved up to run winches and tongs. After I got those mastered then I got the chance to start jacking pipe. It was a high intensity workplace where we would work a lot of hours then have to drive usually an hour back to the hotel at night after work. The hardest part of the job was the schedule, we would work 21/7 but usually you would be in the shop working on the rig for most of that time. The most enjoyable part of the job for me would have been completing a well and rigging down.
Pros
Good pay for a young guy. Learning how to run a snubbing unit
Cons
Long hours, no family life