HIGH ARCTIC ENERGY SERVICES Employee Reviews

Bullying atmosphere
Office staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary12 June 2018
Loved the people I worked with, with the exception of some management. No recognition for the hard work and clean up of the mess left by previous employees. If they don't like you - they show you the door. High turnover
Pros
Majority of the people are good and fun to work with
Cons
Some management are bullies
Temporary Position
A/P Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB11 June 2018
As a Temp, I was treated different from other employees. Most of the people that I dealt with were very nice, but there were a few who always reminded me that I would be there long.
Bad place to work
Floorhand/Roughneck (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB10 April 2018
Worked there for just over a month. Bunch of drunks(driving home while drinking) and coke heads, bad pay for the work. Crew did not seem interested training a new guy.
Cons
Cold Lake office staff have terrible management skills
Worker (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB2 April 2018
Cold Lake for Imperial Oil. Work is good, home every day. Cold Lake office staff doesn’t care at all about employees, which is reflected by their high turnover and constant loss of qualified employees. The only time they stand behind their employees is when they are throwing them under a bus. All field employees were hoping that office staff would get switched out when High Arctic bought out Tervita. Promotions are very hard to get unless you are one of their favorites or have the last name Gibbons.
Pros
Home every night if working around Cold Lake.
Cons
No commitment to employees.
Awful place to work
Nitrogen operator (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB29 September 2017
Worked there for 3 months ..saw about 6 guys that had been there 10 years or more Quite ..and no one cared ..very high turnover rate ..very low wages .even for hard times very shotty old equipment as well
Pros
15 and 6 shift
Cons
Management and low pay
Not a bad place to work. Just really cold all the time
HWU Operator (Former Employee) –  Canada24 April 2017
A normal day at work would consist of trying to get the equipment started because it would be so cold out nothing would run. It was my first snubbing job so I started out tailing pipe then moved up to run winches and tongs. After I got those mastered then I got the chance to start jacking pipe. It was a high intensity workplace where we would work a lot of hours then have to drive usually an hour back to the hotel at night after work. The hardest part of the job was the schedule, we would work 21/7 but usually you would be in the shop working on the rig for most of that time. The most enjoyable part of the job for me would have been completing a well and rigging down.
Pros
Good pay for a young guy. Learning how to run a snubbing unit
Cons
Long hours, no family life
Fun place to work
(Apprentice) Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 November 2015
enjoyable, great place to work. Gained a lot of experience working in hydraulics as well as truck and transport. Many opportunities were available working with this company
Pros
Zone bonuses while on service calls
Cons
away from home, sometimes for a few days
I thought I had security but.....
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 October 2015
I was wrong when I thought putting in 5 yrs would keep me around!
Management has no loyalty to the employees. As long as they have a job they don't care about anyone else.
Pros
Wage and benefits
Cons
no security
Hard working and high paying salary
Snubber Class 1A Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB23 May 2014
rig life is hard life, however, you will love the pay. This job is good if you want to save up for a some sort of goal.

Rig up consists of spotting the trucks on site, offloading the equipment, rigging up the basket, tripping pipe (tailing in the hole).

Rig out is a lot easier.
Pros
Free breakfest, lunch, and dinner solong as you are in camp
Cons
Long hours and cold winters, outside all of the time.
Productive and competitive
Snubber Hand/ Driver (Current Employee) –  clairmont alberta12 June 2012
High arctic is a great job. A typical day would be all hands on and sweat, sweat,sweat. Our management team are all great people, and you deffinatly learn a lot doing this kind of job. The hardest part of my job is me being so family orriented and being away from them for months at a time. The most enjoyable part of my job is the driving.