Hidden Valley Resort

Hidden Valley Resort Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews

I currently work here and the staff are extremely friendly and very understanding. I work in housekeeping and the other girls are amazing to work with always showing me tricks and they are easy to talk to which is amazing since I have mild anxiety. It can be fast paced at times but as long as you do what you can that’s all that matters.

Don’t do it

Working at hidden valley means long hours, no recognition for hard work, no advancement in position, constant adding on to the work load with no incentives to want to do the work

Pros

Very little

Management is terrible

Managers are lazy GM is all talk and never follows through. Hours are ridiculously long. Under appreciated. Raises are unheard of. Tipping system sucks. Managers get a portion and don’t physically work the function.

Pros

Room rates at other hotels

Cons

Ridiculous hours

Never work there!!!!

No respect for employees work you like a dogPay sucks management is out for themselves Terrible environment Note to anyone applying don’t waste your time

Pros

Cons

Too many too list

Good experience

Had a great summer working here. Could be slow at the waterfront at times. Relaxing work environment right by the water, customers were always friendly.

Crazy don’t even give this place a try run

Where to start at hidden Valley well there is a lot of good people that work there but none of them are in a position that can do anything to change or make the place better which is sad because they should be the people that are management have no clue what they’re doing and are in a position where they hide and cover up everything and as far as the chef goes he has no ability to cook or manage a Colaneri team of any size which is very sad They use people and then toss them aside the fact is the kitchen at hidden Valley has way too much salary therefore you’ll never get the hours that you need nor make the money that you deserve not to mention the food is absolutely a palling

Pros

There is no pros

Cons

Crazy

good learning experience

good place to learn and grow with the food industry, can advance if going further into culinary, good to know the different aspects of cooking, ie: bbq, buffets, banquets, weddings, etc.....

Pros

can't think of any....

Cons

staff never on time

Family first. Supportive atmosphere.

Great place to work. Always accommodating of home life needs. Understanding management. Lots of laughs even during busy times. Everyone works together to help as a team.

Pros

Food and room discounts

Cons

Sometimes long hours

drama drama drama

not much good to say about this place; chef is in over their head, GM is covering things up and the lack of staff is discouraging. Not a place to pursue any sort of career.

alot of drama, disgruntled employees, food is amazing

I managed to make something out of nothing from the job experience. A beautiful hotel but the staff experience is very negative. A typical example of Management keeping money for themselves and not sharing the wealth with the staff.

Pros

had full time work

Cons

alot of stress

Feels like a family

Loved working there because everyone just feels like one big family. The job can get tough and you have to deal with a lot of "interesting" people in the service industry so having great co-workers is a must or else you dread every second of everyday but its the opposite there. You don't mind going into work because you get to see your "second family"

Fun place to work

I have been at this property for almost four years and with the great location, owners and co-workers it makes this place successful and a fun place to work.

Pros

co-workers

Great place to work!!!!

Loved my job at Hidden Valley. If I still lived in the area I would be working here again this winter. Excellent work environment and great Management!

Awesome People, Great Management and Friendly environment.

I'm a little bias because I am family friends with the owners. I would get in for work at 4 pm or 5 pm depending when my shift started. I'd open up the bar, unlocking all the cabinets and fridges (If it was mid-week, as weekends there was someone on from Noon to 8 pm). My job was to make all the drinks for the restaurant and also act as a server for anyone in the lounge area. At the end of the night,I would clean everything, re-stock anything that needed it and close/lock everything up. I would also handle all the cash and receipts, do my tallies and hand it all to the night auditor on my way out. My co-workers were all very friendly and enjoyable to work with. The management was good and would help you with anything you needed help with and very helpful in answering questions. The hardest part of the job was when it was a busy night, and you'd have to pour/mix drinks along with taking food orders/serving food. The most enjoyable part of the job was the family like environment and friendly people I worked with.

Good Experience

Living and working the Muskokas is a memorable experience. The people were always interesting.

Good coworkers

coworkers are easy to get along with and open to new ideas and suggestions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hidden Valley Resort. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6Job security/advancement