Hibco Construction

Hibco Construction Employee Reviews

Far from perfect but a good place to work

I enjoyed working at Hibco. The field staff was among the best I have ever worked alongside. Management was alright, but I had my share of issues. I was paid less than journeyman rate for a reason that was never mentioned in the job listing or in any employee literature. I was told I could negotiate a raise at the time of my 3 month review, but that never happened (for myself or any coworker I knew of). Getting reimbursed for mileage was often like pulling teeth, and some staff acted childishly and unprofessional during these situations. Mistakes were punished with belittlement, occasionally with yelling and/or name calling involved. However they knew to turn the charm to 11 if they needed you to work all night or come in on a weekend.In the end they weren't even honest with me concerning the end of my employment there. I was told I would have two weeks off while they "sorted out some paperwork for some upcoming jobs". After two months of waiting, being fed the same canned response as to when I'd be back, and in general feeling like I was being lied to, I decided to look elsewhere for a job.

Pros

Good health benefits, great field staff

Cons

Dishonesty, nepotism, and disorganization among management staff

Fun

Good place to work as there was always new jobs to do and learn. the staff is very friendly and outgoing making the work environment desirable. Was never a dull moment.

Fast paste, caring environment

Good owners and friendly environment. The shop was well organised and handled. I would recommend those who have some experience in the field to try them out and see how far you can progress.

Wouldn't recommend

Wouldnt recommend Hibco to anyone. If i knew they would push me to quit i wouldnt bother appling. Save your self the time and effort it isnt worth it.

Horrible company to work for!

They will cut your hours just before your 3 months and force you to quit so that you can’t get EI and they don’t have to pay you benefits. After I left I stayed in touch with a few of the guys that still worked there. They were all hard workers and they did the exact same thing to them before their 3 month probation was up, cut their hours and forced them out. I would highly advise against working for this company if you want stability and a long term job.

Good Company

good company that has great work life balance. would recommend checking out what they have to offer and see if it is for you. Always lots on the god with these guys

Excellent Team

Great employer to work for. Always amazing opportunities to learn and grow. The teamwork is unreal and everyone genuinely cares for each other and for making things work!

Growing Company, Great Culture, Lack of Management Experience

Enjoyed working for HIBCO. I got lots of hours, lunches and travel is covered which is great, and crew was great to work with. HIBCO lacks in management, communication and organization. However, the people and the money make up for it. Not a lot of opportunity for advancement, and they are constantly hiring. Hardest part of the job is long hours, and have to really stay on top of asking for your days off. Best part is the money, the constant opportunity to work if your willing and good at what you do! If you don't fit in, you probably won't last.

Pros

Paid Lunches, Travel Reimbursements

Cons

Poor Management, and getting a po is a joke

Very clicky culture.

Extremely judgemental towards others. Very much into themselves. Poor pay! No guarantee in position. Lots of termination within staff. The company uses staff to tell you that you are let go, with no seniority or supervisors experience.

Pros

Not much

Cons

Poor upper management

New experience and lots of fun

build hoardings in hospital/containments flood or fire restoration demolition of affected area install drywall clean-up manage temporary labour workers

Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hibco Construction. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement