HGS Canada Employee Reviews

Misleading
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 November 2017
This job was really misleading. It is hard work, and you don't get paid extra for them training you to do extra work. There is absolutely no work/life balance.
16 January 2018

Hi, thanks for your feedback. At HGS, we believe strongly in providing good work-life balance. I'm very sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. Please provide further details by connecting with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

High Paced
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON22 November 2017
Always Challenging, ever evolving, great culture for employees, strong benefit package, fair pay. Many learning moments, well intentions from management
Pros
good hearted people
Cons
large goals
16 January 2018

Hi, great to see your feedback :) We are glad that you enjoyed learning and growing with HGS. We wish you all the best in your upcoming career.

high pressure
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS20 November 2017
its not bad as a call center but you are always under pressure. Literally no breathing time between calls. Less number of employees compared to number of calls coming in. Management is too strict.
Pros
coworkers are helpful and respectful, good corporate discounts and benefits
Cons
very high pressure, low salary
16 January 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your very valuable feedback. We want to learn more about your concerns to improve the HGS experience for all our employees. Please provide further details by connecting with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

productive workplace, high workload with poor salary.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON15 November 2017
They were able to work around a school schedule, the pay was poor but picking up shifts was fairly easy. Nice break facility and nice people, lots of days where food was given out.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Long hours, high workload, poor salary and pressured to take back to back calls for long periods of time.

Phones are too much
Phone Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON10 November 2017
I am not one to be good with talking and calming someone down. A lot of customers calling in were very aggravated and it was just a stressful environment to me in.
16 January 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that dealing with angry customers sometimes isn't easy. We work with our representatives to develop and offer tactics when it comes to dealing with customers, please see your Team Leader for further insights.

great and fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON10 October 2017
This is a great company to work for aside from the lack of pay raises. The people are great but the callers are usually mean towards the call center reps.
5 December 2017

Hi, we're happy to hear that you enjoyed working with HGS! We wish you all the best in your further endeavors. Have a great career :)

Worst place and people to work with
Customer Support Executive (Current Employee) –  Canada23 September 2017
They don't really care about work life balance.

If you are dependent on the public transport, they will make sure you will be put in a shift when there are no bus services and they will not change the shift.

One of the worst place to work at.
5 December 2017

Hi, thank you for sharing your very valuable feedback. We want to learn more about your experience to improve the HGS experience for all our employees. Please provide further details by connecting with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

very few good qualities at this job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 September 2017
They refuse to work with many people regarding their life requirements. They will work with students but that is the only situation they work with people regarding the schedules. They offer pretty good benefits that is the only reason I stayed this long but the whole moral there is terrible I wouldn't suggest this as a long term position.

Do Not Work Here
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS8 September 2017
Everything negative people say about this place is TRUE. Worst employment experience of my life. All the managers pick favourites and there's no time in between calls to catch a breath.

N/a
Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 August 2017
Good benefits and nice people. Another revolving door. They demand so much more for a very miniscule salary. Morale is very low. People stays bec. of their friends, the benefits and there's nothing out there.
5 December 2017

over thee phone customer service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 August 2017
Your on the phones 8.5 hours a day. During that other hour you get 2 paid 15 min breaks and 1 half hour lunch unpaid. During the day you take calls and help customers out that have rogers services or are looking to add rogers services. In my department which was customer care i dealt with home services such as home phone, cable and internet and as well as wireless cellphones. Although the job does get stressful there is always your support managers and team leaders by our side to help you have a better day and just be supportive. But throughout the whole day I would say the most enjoyable part is when i know i helped a customer out with what they needed to do if it was saving some money, going over bill, adding free previews/promos for channels or just adding new services I know i was being helpful and the customers appreciated that.
benefits
Cons
workplace environment
5 December 2017

Hi, thanks for sharing your experience at HGS. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying working with us! A great leader is important for any employee, and we're glad that your supervisors made you comfortable. We would love to learn more about your feedback, kindly connect further with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Nice place to work friendly people
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dartmouthy Nova Scotia17 August 2017
A typical day at work would be taking call from customers that had issues with billing mostly. I learned to listen careful to the customer needs and offer the best solutions for the customer. Management was very helpful when needed. Most time the work place was a friendly place to work very busy. I don't think there was really anything hard about the job except information changed very often you didn't always get that information on time. I like helping people and making them feel better after they call us and hopefully resulted there issues
Pros
Special days we would get bonus or treats
Cons
If you couldn't get help with a question fast enough
5 December 2017

Hi, thank you for choosing HGS! We are happy that you are enjoying your work in HGS. We always aim to ensure our employees have a great experience and we wish you all the best in your continuing career.

Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ON15 August 2017
Fun place to work, great employees and work environment. Employees are treated to Ice Cream Fridays during the summer.
Once a month there is an employee appreciation day.
Pros
free lunches
5 December 2017

Hi, great to hear that you are enjoying working with us! At HGS, we aim to provide a great working environment and reward and recognize our employees for their hard work. Happy to have an employee like you working with us!

Not family friendly, terrible management
Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 August 2017
Part time is not avalable, shifts are all over, they may not to pay you for the days when you we're working even if all the necessary paperwork has been done, even following up with the site magager does help. Some Tls are great some are tiered jerks. Low pay and don't expect increase... Comissions are tiny and you may not get them if you left for LOA. Management threat to fire
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Mental stress, disrespect from management
5 December 2017

while the company itself was ok to work for some of the practices were not family friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 August 2017
the schedules were all over the place anywhere from 6 in the am till 2 at night...there was no set schedule ..you never knew from one week to the other what your shifts were going to be so it was very hard to make any appointments
although the company cant help how the customers treated you it wasn't very much fun working and being yelled and sworn at ..pretty much daily
Pros
they did have wifi and a fairly nice lunch room with some good employee recognition incentives
Cons
long hours not a set schedule, not much parking for how many employees
5 December 2017

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience at HGS. People like you have helped to make HGS a fun place to work! At the same time we'd like to know more about your concerns, please get in touch with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com.

its not the job for me
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS1 August 2017
they didnt really do there job right and they where always on my back about something and it just was not the job for me some people like it but some people dont
5 December 2017

Hi, thank you for sharing your very valuable feedback. We would love to hear more about your concerns. Please connect with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Will steal your soul
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON27 July 2017
Working at this call center not only will make you feel like you are in jail, but the people, the mangement, the whole job in its self is soul stealing, gives people depression and makes people sad
Pros
free lunches, empoyment initiative
Cons
mangement sucks, job security sucks, customers suck

Good pay and Benefits
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 July 2017
Working in a call center is very stressful but management made you feel more comfortable dealing with difficult customers. Always willing to help when you had issues. Benefits and pay rate wasn't worth the mental stress.
Pros
Access to the mall, good managers for each team
5 December 2017

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience at HGS. We're happy to hear that you experienced a supportive environment at HGS! A good leader is important for any employee, and we're glad that your supervisors made you feel comfortable. We would love to learn more about your experience with us, please reach out @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Decent perks, terrible hours
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON25 July 2017
Decent place to work because of pay and benefits, terrible hours, negative customers all the time on the phone, decent scheduled breaks, not enough supervisor support.
5 December 2017

Hi, thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We value your feedback on growth, development, and compensation, in order to make a difference for all our employees. Best wishes for your future career :)

Nice people
Exclusive Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 June 2017
Working here was nice as long as you got a long with the other people working there. The pay they provide for the work done is laughably insufficient. Raises never happened unless the minimum wage went up. If you work here, and prove that you are exceptional through your work and display of knowledge, they will still promote someone else who "did better" in the interview. The benefits package is nice, if you can handle terrible hours at a low pay rate.
16 January 2018

Hi and thank you for your feedback. As HGS grows we are always analyzing the markets we are in to ensure that we are competitive. Thank you for your employment with HGS and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HGS Canada. Our community is ready to answer.