HGS Canada Employee Reviews

Great place to start a career
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS14 April 2018
Great place to work as management is always there to support and co - workers are also very friendly and supportive. Its hard to deal with angry customers but you will learn how to deal with them and it will help u in future too. I agree that the pay is not that gud but still management dont push to do sales with target kinda thing.
Pros
Working environment and support from management
Cons
Less pay
Awful place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 April 2018
No understanding at all. You don't even get paid ti use the washroom. Its pathetic. Do not work here!!!! They say you get commissions but I barely saw any and no way to keep track.....stay away from this place.....especially all the management, they don't care
Pros
Thats a laugh
Good Place to work But it's gone now
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thunder bay9 March 2018
Relax job, good place to work/ lots of people and always new and fun things going on. Incentives were good and it was a pretty chill place. to bad it closed.
Pros
benefits/ holiday pay
Cons
crazy hours
You go there because theres nothing else
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON7 March 2018
The money and benefits are great, you tend to get more than min wage and the benefits cover an array of services.
There is a honeymoon period for this job, about 6mo-1yr, then its just not what it was. If your job relies on customer experience and youre in telecoms, itll be rough. Itll take a toll on your mental state and jade you towards the rest of the human race.
Management, if theyre your friends great, more advantages, like moving up the ranks and getting off the phones. However if not it will be harder to prove yourself to crawl up those ranks. (been on both sides)
They feed you lots and offer tons of incentives and bonuses. Again the benefits are great and the pay is competitive. You have drawbacks with those unfortunately.

The skills you get that are great are the ability to problem solve something you cannot see, conflict resolution, researching, maths, and the customer service skills you get are priceless.

Easy job physically, hard mentally and emotionally after awhile.
horrible
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 March 2018
worse experience ever run the other way. it is like walking into a Cellar and no one will ever survive. this place should be shut down as soon as possible and as fast as possible and save the people the trouble this is why they have such a high turn over rate.
Poor Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS6 February 2018
While most of the management and people there were great, the company itself didn't seem to concerned about the overall well being of their employees.
They offered great incentives, but made the targets to get those incentives all but unattainable.
wonderful place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 February 2018
i love my job ; helping people find better prices that suite them; the job had a lot of ups and downs but the good out weight the bad. there were calls that were calls that were hard to handle but calls that were great .
Pros
great managment staff
Cons
you need to be able to have tough skin
csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON2 February 2018
very busy good training but once training is completed an your on the floor there is no back or support except for the few floor support that take the time to help newer members to navigate the computer systems
Pros
sales incentives with performance rewards
Cons
long hours lack of support no allowances for family emergencies
Great coworkers
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON31 January 2018
The job itself is not for everyone, it can be very fast and stressful. The people that work there make the job though. There are plenty of options as well for work accommodations.
Moderately well paid job
Rogers Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS29 January 2018
Inconsistent schedules; not the same shifts in the same week or the same days off for even two weeks in a row. No work/life balance here unless your score card is impeccable.
Pros
Good benefits and lots of free food
Cons
large lack of support
This place is aweful
Rogers Communications Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 January 2018
If you can avoid working here, do it. This place is a soul sucking h**l hole. You get underappreciated for a job that you are under trained for and it stresses you out to no end, both at the job and at home.
could be better not horrible
Customer Relations Rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON17 January 2018
not horrible just need to learn a better management structure and provide more advancement options without risking negative changes in employees pay rates.
ok place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 January 2018
people who you work with make u feel welcome immediately
hardest part of the job is having angry customers every call
the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people
23 February 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Happy to hear that you have pleasant people working with you at HGS. We understand that dealing with angry customers sometimes isn't easy. We work with our representatives to develop and offer tactics when it comes to dealing with customers, please see your Team Leader for further insights.

Disappointment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 January 2018
HGS started as a fantastic job. The management seemed to actually care about the employees and were willing to work with them. However, over time, they stopped caring. When approached about health issues, there was always a sense of annoyance from management. The focus shifted from helping the customer first to making more money off the customer.
23 February 2018

We appreciate your employment with HGS and would like to hear more regarding the concerns you have expressed. Inputs from people like you will help in making HGS a better place to grow. Please email us at talk2us@teamhgs.com

Hated it
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS1 January 2018
Did not work with me or my family. I have a husband in the military and they would not let me take LOA to see him before he deployed - hated the job!!
Pros
some office parties and theme days
Cons
Long hours, Bad Team leaders, dont worj with yiu for time off just deny it. Wont get muedical leave!
16 January 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your very valuable feedback. We want to learn more about your experience to improve the HGS experience for all our employees. Please provide further details by connecting with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Workplace
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 December 2017
I have nothing really nice to say about HGS. This company does not treat their agents with any type of respect. The management does not help and either does HR even if you have documentation for any illness or issues you have.
They do not pay you well enough for your time nor for what you have to do on a daily bases. If you must go to the bathroom do so before you start your shift and do not drink anything while your on your shift because you will be docked pay to use the bathroom there.
The expectations they put on you are way to high for doing the job you do.
Not a great place to work.

nice atmosphere
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kentville, NS4 December 2017
Working for HGS has its ups and downs. My office was great and so were my colleagues but some of the componany schedualing policies were not flexible at all.
16 January 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience at HGS. We're happy to hear that you had a supportive environment at HGS! However, we're concerned by your feedback. We'd like to know more, please get in touch with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Misleading
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 November 2017
This job was really misleading. It is hard work, and you don't get paid extra for them training you to do extra work. There is absolutely no work/life balance.
16 January 2018

Hi, thanks for your feedback. At HGS, we believe strongly in providing good work-life balance. I'm very sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. Please provide further details by connecting with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

High Paced
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON22 November 2017
Always Challenging, ever evolving, great culture for employees, strong benefit package, fair pay. Many learning moments, well intentions from management
Pros
good hearted people
Cons
large goals
16 January 2018

Hi, great to see your feedback :) We are glad that you enjoyed learning and growing with HGS. We wish you all the best in your upcoming career.

high pressure
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS20 November 2017
its not bad as a call center but you are always under pressure. Literally no breathing time between calls. Less number of employees compared to number of calls coming in. Management is too strict.
Pros
coworkers are helpful and respectful, good corporate discounts and benefits
Cons
very high pressure, low salary
16 January 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your very valuable feedback. We want to learn more about your concerns to improve the HGS experience for all our employees. Please provide further details by connecting with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HGS Canada. Our community is ready to answer.