HGS Canada Employee Reviews

Downtime
Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 December 2018
I have been on downtime 14days so i have lost =10shifts=80hour at 15.50$ waiting for a part to come only to find out today that it has not even been shipped yet and I'm pretty frustrated because I have bills to pay and all the shifts that I missed due to HGS not sending the part and should get paid because that's not right I should not get punished for the lack of organization and appreciation of your employees. management and TL don't get back to you fast enough to get the answers I need. So to the point I wish I would get paid for the days that they have not even sent the cord end of story.
So to give HGS a score not likening what I have been going through I would give HGS a 2\10
Pros
No pros up to now
Cons
Downtime and equitment my advice dont work from home
Low stress, positive environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NS6 November 2018
I enjoyed working at HGS for 5 years as they have a very positive attitude, super benefits, and the management are all very welcoming and easy to talk to.
6 December 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us, especially on a platform that generally tends to attract less than flattering reviews. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. Our community ENGAGE teams are a typical example of how our awesome employees ingratiate themselves in their local communities and promote our social responsibility activities in the best way we can; by getting involved as OneHGS. Best of luck for the future and thank you for sharing your talents with HGS Canada.

Productive ad fun working place with structured management. Good workplace culture, growth and development within the company. Job security and advan
CS Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK2 November 2018
Productive ad fun working place with structured management.
Good workplace culture, growth and development within the company. Job security and advancement with benefits.
6 December 2018

The people are fun and work is alright, management is abhorrent.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON27 October 2018
Worked at HGS Canada for over 1 year, the people there were great. Most of my coworkers were friendly and fun to be around, and that definitely made the environment a little more enjoyable to be in. The pay is fantastic, benefits are all-inclusive, vacation time is easy to accrue and easy to take. That being said, my issue is with the management. They're disorganized, manipulative, controlling, and otherwise just a pain. There are a few Team Leaders that stand out as good people, but for the most part the management style is absolutely absurd. Think elementary school.

I was recently terminated from my position here due to a previously resolved issue that was signed for without warning or recourse, so job security is nonexistent. All-in-all, decent place, but wouldn't make a career out of it.
Pros
Fantastic pay/benefits
Cons
Poor management, lack of organization
9 November 2018

Thank you for the candid feedback. We are sorry to hear that your HGS experience was not the perfect fit for you. We try to be an engaging employer by creating a positive work environment, reflected in part by the many community engagement initiatives that we are involved in. We take your feedback seriously and we would like to discuss your views further so that we may be able to address the issues that you raise. Please email us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further the two-way conversation. We look forward to hearing from you.

Expects too much too fast
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON25 October 2018
I really wanted to like working for this company. I didn’t make it through my training due to a family emergency. When I was back at work they expected me to be where the others were. I was 3 days behind. They understood about my emergency. But they were expecting too much. Would not recommend to work there.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Likes to set you off for failure
9 November 2018

The people I worked with were awesome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 October 2018
The people I worked with were awesome and the company is really awesome as well the only reason why l left the company is that I moved to far to continue working for the company.
Pros
The people I worked with were awesome
Cons
The pay rate was really teribble for the amount of stuff we had to take care of

Very easy going
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON30 September 2018
Very easy going work environment.good life/work balance. Flexible with peoples lives. Great opportunities. Always changing. Good mix of fast paced and downtime for other work
Pros
Shifts, food very clean
Cons
No free food

Bad Plaes
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON30 September 2018
I work There Before And I would never Recommend any body work there

It is known for as a in and out faster than in No payed Rest brakes
you are bulled
Pros
no payed brakes
Cons
no cones
24 October 2018

Productive, fast paced and fun
Customer Service - Work From Home (Former Employee) –  Clarenville, NL22 September 2018
You have to be self driven and able to work on your own. I enjoyed this job because I liked the ability to work from home, on my own. I enjoyed the unique staff and the work environment. I would have stayed at this position much longer, had we not moved and that I returned to school and was unable to commit to full time hours.
Pros
Unique work environment
Cons
You need some knowledge of computers
2 October 2018

Excellent Place to Work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS6 September 2018
It's an amazing place to work, everyone here is very friendly and cooperative to you. I worked as a customer service associates in Dartmouth NS. My site had alot of awsome people who helped each other when needed and they were also great people to talk too. Team leaders are very helpful no matter when you need them. Excellent health coverage, HR is so helpful.
I could not be more happier this is a fantastic company to work for.
I really have nothing negative to say about HGS Canada , HGS is always in my heart. Go HGS GO!
Pros
Excellent Management, Excellent Scheduling, Resourceful online training, Excellent in class training, Great health plan, Fantastic HR.
20 September 2018

has gotten worse over the years and wouldn't recommend.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS17 August 2018
logging into workstations were troublesome, 8 hours of nonstop calls with very little downtime. no pay for bathrooms breaks when you would be scheduled and where from 2-3 hours of phone time.

Managment varies from person to person, some will excuse long handle times if customers scores are high and others want perfection. upper management seemed to operate on a minimum effort maximum results, expecting results with minimum effort done by them.

If I have issues with the workload, burn out, or issues taking calls the only support I'm given is an employee assistance line that I would have them to call and arrange for assistance on my own time.

The hardest parts for me were the long days and that no matter how long I worked there I couldn't manage to get earlier shifts consistently.
Pros
Cons
too many to mention here
11 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We truly believe that our employees are our greatest asset, and we are always looking for ways to help our team to develop, learn and grow. We have many training initiatives such as our globally renowned ‘ReadyNow’ programs to help our team members to move to the next level and progress into leadership roles. We are proud to have so many amazing Team Leaders and Site Manager across all our functions in Canada. We are sorry that on this occasion we did not match your expectations and plan to follow up with you personally to understand more about your personal experience. Please contact us at talk2us@teamhgs.com where we will be able to respond on a personal level and continue the two-way conversation.

good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NS16 August 2018
was a good place to work, I liked the call center work place. Would Def do again. Treated employees every well had fun things to do. You get to talk to a wide variety of people from all different lifestyles. You have to have patients to repeat the same thing over and over
Pros
fun activities free food great people
Cons
long hours, difficult people angry people

Stressful and depressing
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON7 August 2018
Working as a call Center employee you will get multiple death threats a day buy customers calling in, the management listen and review random calls that you have with your clients and if you make one mistake you basically fail the call, they time you when you go on your break so if you’re a min late you get that taken off of your pay and they want you to work a ton of hours extra they can schedule you anytime of day and they will not give you a consistent schedule.
Pros
Good incentives if you do good on a call.
Cons
Call after call with no break.
11 September 2018

Wouldn't be so bad if they actually knew how to train
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  colbrooke ns3 August 2018
They do not have flexible hours at all. What they mean by that is you will be working the most messed up shift times, will never get two days in a row off to have a weekend. You will most certainly work very late when first starting as they make you have to climb up the ladder to have ANY decent hours (or a decent home life). While the staff and managers ARE friendly so the atmosphere is not negative or hostile at all, the training provided is sub par to say the least. They continually ad to their training regime as they constantly get new directives however the training time is not added to. So you are not taught all the things you need to know before hitting the actual call floor because they are too busy cramming more into the same small time frame they started with. So you learn less and everything is jam packed. You will be left feeling overwhelmed for little pay and no personal or home life. Admiral is a much better call center to work for.
Pros
Free fruit sometimes, positive atmophere
Cons
Lack of training, pay and poor hours.
11 September 2018

Thanks for your feedback. Being an experienced and well-respected Contact Centre provider, we have many long-term clients that rely on HGS to service their customers. As such we have to provide coverage on a consistent basis and this means we have many people working in a flexible scheduling environment. We realize that this can sometimes cause changes to a normal work/home environment, but unfortunately, that is the business of third-party service providers like ourselves. We always try to be as transparent, open and honest in our interviews and correspondence with potential employees to make everyone aware of how our industry operates. Realistic job expectations are also part of our interview and onboarding processes. We are sorry that this did not work for you and your personal circumstances. We wish you well in the future.

very fun atmosphere to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NS17 July 2018
I loved the time I spent working at HGS. The atmosphere was fun amd friendly. The management was easy to talk to and was there for you with whatever you needed.

N/a
Loyalty Specialist Belleville (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON10 July 2018
Answered calls on a daily basis to provide customer service and sales to customers.
Sales
Management followed their job duties and micromanaged
Yelling customers everyday
The fellow employees
24 July 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the experiences they have had with us, especially on a platform that generally tends to attract less than flattering reviews. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. Our community ENGAGE teams are a typical example of how our awesome employees ingratiate themselves in their local communities and promote our social responsibility activities in the best way we can; by getting involved as OneHGS. Best of luck for the future and thank you for sharing your talents with HGS Canada.

Filthy building and poor management.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 June 2018
There's 1 water fountain in the entire building. It is covered in mold. I brought this up to management in one of their employees surveys. My manager pulled me off of the phones to explain it was calcified water and not mold requesting that I change my survey. I refused to change it because I know what mold looks like, less than an hour later I was pulled into the office and let go as a Sub 90 days failure to complete training.
Pros
Located in the Mall
Cons
Dirty, poor shifts, lazy and corrupt management.
24 July 2018

Long hours, but Learned a lot.
Customer Service/Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 June 2018
I learned a lot about Tech support and improved my computer skills in this job. I liked interacting with customers everyday over the phone. They also had a good training program.

it is a job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 May 2018
From answering calls for various reasons and helping out customers with their concerns. Ensuring the customer was confident with the results of the phone call to prevent future call backs saving them time.
Pros
team functions
Cons
ranking system for preferred hours

Don't work here
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 May 2018
Management is terrible, they do not care about their staff. They're only concern is meeting whatever goals they need to meet for the business. Your schedule is unpredictable which sucks if you have a family.
Pros
you get paid
Cons
unpredictable scheduling
24 July 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HGS Canada. Our community is ready to answer.