HGS Canada Employee Reviews

Stressful and depressing
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON7 August 2018
Working as a call Center employee you will get multiple death threats a day buy customers calling in, the management listen and review random calls that you have with your clients and if you make one mistake you basically fail the call, they time you when you go on your break so if you’re a min late you get that taken off of your pay and they want you to work a ton of hours extra they can schedule you anytime of day and they will not give you a consistent schedule.
Pros
Good incentives if you do good on a call.
Cons
Call after call with no break.
Wouldn't be so bad if they actually knew how to train
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  colbrooke ns3 August 2018
They do not have flexible hours at all. What they mean by that is you will be working the most messed up shift times, will never get two days in a row off to have a weekend. You will most certainly work very late when first starting as they make you have to climb up the ladder to have ANY decent hours (or a decent home life). While the staff and managers ARE friendly so the atmosphere is not negative or hostile at all, the training provided is sub par to say the least. They continually ad to their training regime as they constantly get new directives however the training time is not added to. So you are not taught all the things you need to know before hitting the actual call floor because they are too busy cramming more into the same small time frame they started with. So you learn less and everything is jam packed. You will be left feeling overwhelmed for little pay and no personal or home life. Admiral is a much better call center to work for.
Pros
Free fruit sometimes, positive atmophere
Cons
Lack of training, pay and poor hours.
very fun atmosphere to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NS17 July 2018
I loved the time I spent working at HGS. The atmosphere was fun amd friendly. The management was easy to talk to and was there for you with whatever you needed.
24 July 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us, especially on a platform that generally tends to attract less than flattering reviews. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. Our community ENGAGE teams are a typical example of how our awesome employees ingratiate themselves in their local communities and promote our social responsibility activities in the best way we can; by getting involved as OneHGS. Best of luck for the future and thank you for sharing your talents with HGS Canada.

Filthy building and poor management.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 June 2018
There's 1 water fountain in the entire building. It is covered in mold. I brought this up to management in one of their employees surveys. My manager pulled me off of the phones to explain it was calcified water and not mold requesting that I change my survey. I refused to change it because I know what mold looks like, less than an hour later I was pulled into the office and let go as a Sub 90 days failure to complete training.
Pros
Located in the Mall
Cons
Dirty, poor shifts, lazy and corrupt management.
24 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We truly believe that our employees are our greatest asset, and we are always looking for ways to help our team to develop, learn and grow. We have many training initiatives such as our globally renowned ‘ReadyNow’ programs to help our team members to move to the next level and progress into leadership roles. We are proud to have so many amazing Team Leaders and Site Manager across all our functions in Canada. We are sorry that on this occasion we did not match your expectations and plan to follow up with you personally to understand more about your personal experience. Please contact us at talk2us@teamhgs.com where we will be able to respond on a personal level and continue the two-way conversation.

Long hours, but Learned a lot.
Customer Service/Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 June 2018
I learned a lot about Tech support and improved my computer skills in this job. I liked interacting with customers everyday over the phone. They also had a good training program.

it is a job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 May 2018
From answering calls for various reasons and helping out customers with their concerns. Ensuring the customer was confident with the results of the phone call to prevent future call backs saving them time.
Pros
team functions
Cons
ranking system for preferred hours

Don't work here
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 May 2018
Management is terrible, they do not care about their staff. They're only concern is meeting whatever goals they need to meet for the business. Your schedule is unpredictable which sucks if you have a family.
Pros
you get paid
Cons
unpredictable scheduling
24 July 2018

Thanks for your feedback. Being an experienced and well-respected Contact Centre provider, we have many long-term clients that rely on HGS to service their customers. As such we have to provide coverage on a consistent basis and this means we have many people working in a flexible scheduling environment. We realize that this can sometimes cause changes to a normal work/home environment, but unfortunately, that is the business of third-party service providers like ourselves. We always try to be as transparent, open and honest in our interviews and correspondence with potential employees to make everyone aware of how our industry operates. Realistic job expectations are also part of our interview and onboarding processes. We are sorry that this did not work for you and your personal circumstances. We wish you well in the future.

Ability to increase Customer Service Skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON3 May 2018
One of the best ways to be able to further increase your skills in dealing with customers, both the good and the bad. Management is there to assist their employees with anything that may rise from this type of employment.
24 July 2018

Stable work, decent hours, poor work environment.
Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 April 2018
If you need a lot of hours this is a good job, and pays commission which can be decent for an enthusiastic salesperson. There is a negative attitudes amongst the employees but if you're working with a good group it can really help the time go by. Overall it's a pretty good job for those who enjoy call center work. Management is very fair.
Pros
Incentives, fun place to work (sometimes)
Cons
Customers can be rude.
24 July 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the experiences they have had with us, especially on a platform that generally tends to attract less than flattering reviews. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. Our community ENGAGE teams are a typical example of how our awesome employees ingratiate themselves in their local communities and promote our social responsibility activities in the best way we can; by getting involved as OneHGS. Best of luck for the future and thank you for sharing your talents with HGS Canada.

Great place to start a career
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS14 April 2018
Great place to work as management is always there to support and co - workers are also very friendly and supportive. Its hard to deal with angry customers but you will learn how to deal with them and it will help u in future too. I agree that the pay is not that gud but still management dont push to do sales with target kinda thing.
Pros
Working environment and support from management
Cons
Less pay
24 July 2018

Want to know more about HGS Canada?

Ask a question
Awful place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 April 2018
No understanding at all. You don't even get paid ti use the washroom. Its pathetic. Do not work here!!!! They say you get commissions but I barely saw any and no way to keep track.....stay away from this place.....especially all the management, they don't care
Pros
Thats a laugh

Work with customers provide great services and affordable price
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NS21 March 2018
Work with customers provide great services and affordable price
A typical day at work is when you have a distraught customer not knowing why their bills are so high explaining them to them fixing their accounts and making them happy by the end of the call with a little bit of time and consideration you could turn a bad call into a wonderful experience Change the mood of a customer by just listening to them
Pros
Rewards like extra air miles work points different gifts and treats
Cons
low Pay

Good Place to work But it's gone now
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thunder bay9 March 2018
Relax job, good place to work/ lots of people and always new and fun things going on. Incentives were good and it was a pretty chill place. to bad it closed.
Pros
benefits/ holiday pay
Cons
crazy hours
24 July 2018

You go there because theres nothing else
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON7 March 2018
The money and benefits are great, you tend to get more than min wage and the benefits cover an array of services.
There is a honeymoon period for this job, about 6mo-1yr, then its just not what it was. If your job relies on customer experience and youre in telecoms, itll be rough. Itll take a toll on your mental state and jade you towards the rest of the human race.
Management, if theyre your friends great, more advantages, like moving up the ranks and getting off the phones. However if not it will be harder to prove yourself to crawl up those ranks. (been on both sides)
They feed you lots and offer tons of incentives and bonuses. Again the benefits are great and the pay is competitive. You have drawbacks with those unfortunately.

The skills you get that are great are the ability to problem solve something you cannot see, conflict resolution, researching, maths, and the customer service skills you get are priceless.

Easy job physically, hard mentally and emotionally after awhile.

horrible
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 March 2018
worse experience ever run the other way. it is like walking into a Cellar and no one will ever survive. this place should be shut down as soon as possible and as fast as possible and save the people the trouble this is why they have such a high turn over rate.

Poor Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS6 February 2018
While most of the management and people there were great, the company itself didn't seem to concerned about the overall well being of their employees.
They offered great incentives, but made the targets to get those incentives all but unattainable.

wonderful place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 February 2018
i love my job ; helping people find better prices that suite them; the job had a lot of ups and downs but the good out weight the bad. there were calls that were calls that were hard to handle but calls that were great .
Pros
great managment staff
Cons
you need to be able to have tough skin

csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON2 February 2018
very busy good training but once training is completed an your on the floor there is no back or support except for the few floor support that take the time to help newer members to navigate the computer systems
Pros
sales incentives with performance rewards
Cons
long hours lack of support no allowances for family emergencies

Great coworkers
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON31 January 2018
The job itself is not for everyone, it can be very fast and stressful. The people that work there make the job though. There are plenty of options as well for work accommodations.
24 July 2018

Thank you for the candid feedback. We are sorry to hear that your HGS experience was not the perfect fit for you. We try to be a good employer with our work environment and our many community engagement initiatives to make ourselves a good corporate citizen in the locations we operate. We take your feedback seriously and we would like to discuss your views further so we may be able to address them more personally. Please email us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further the two-way conversation. We look forward to hearing from you......

Moderately well paid job
Rogers Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS29 January 2018
Inconsistent schedules; not the same shifts in the same week or the same days off for even two weeks in a row. No work/life balance here unless your score card is impeccable.
Pros
Good benefits and lots of free food
Cons
large lack of support
24 July 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HGS Canada. Our community is ready to answer.