HGS Canada Employee Reviews

A sad joke. Don't make my mistake of working there.
csr (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 February 2019
Why work for a call center? The people you work with and the chance to help customers who honestly need help given how little they know about their contract and the lack of response the company gives to proactively teach them.

Why not work for a call center? The pressure. Not from the customers themselves. Most fall into three groups, those who are honestly bewildered by their bill or a situation, those who want to know what went on and those who are playing the system because the company allows them to do so instead of setting up rules and abiding by them. The real pressure comes with the "we're not talking about sales but we really are" attitude. The upsell is there, built into the pitch as you work hard to solve the problem and open up the possibilities of what laying down some more money will accomplish.

I was very good at my job, interacting with my customers and generally doing a very good ratio of helping them. Selling is something I recognize has to be done but it's right there with cleaning the slime from a toliet. Not that the selling is bad but the sneaky way they try to orchestrate it into every conversation even though it is patently clear that the customer has absolutely no interest in it.

Selling tools. What a joke. The first day of the internet sales we were told the whole program that we were supposed to learn on was frozen and not to be used. Instead, the "leader" told us in a few minutes what we were to do. No slides, no examples. It wouldn't have been too bad but the leader I had either had a bad case of the runs for the first few months or he was
  more... with the girl who was always running up to him and occupying him while he conveniently forgot about other things. Still, we struggled through and about four weeks later, we got a binder with some info. A bit of a joke too but you take what you can get.

The reason I was fired. Pressure was brought onto all of us to perform. It was like doing dentistry without the proper tools. But most of us did well, considering what we were giving. But for all the sales that were being done by me, none of them were going through. After waiting for an answer from the "higher ups", I elected to break a rule and that was to go into the accounts, check on the sales that were supposed to happen ( they had and still have a broken mechanism for reports of sales and meanwhile, the agents feel the pressure. Eventually, through my efforts and that of a tl who actually did his job (not mine), the error was found.

So, would I take another job at a call center? Probably. Would I try as hard as I did this time. No. 6 years of supreme efforts to be dismissed without as much as 10 words of explanation. Give as little as you can, appear dumb, buy as much time as you can. Treat the leaders as they treat you.
Pros
No longer working there
Cons
The people they call tls and above.
Very relaxing environment
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON5 January 2019
The environment at work is very satisfying and relaxing. If I do not know anything I would go and ask someone, and they would be more than happy to help me out with the situation and help the customer.
Pros
Celebrating all the festivals
Cons
Customers can abuse sometimes
20 January 2019

"Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us, especially on a platform that generally tends to attract less than flattering reviews. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. We have many team players who go out of their way to help those in need; here’s one such example: https://www.facebook.com/HGSCanadaInc/photos/a.363467280385734/2002265219839257/?type=3&theater
Our community ENGAGE teams are a typical example of how our awesome employees ingratiate themselves in their local communities and promote our social responsibility activities in the best way we can; by getting involved as OneHGS. Best of luck for the future and thank you for sharing your talents with HGS Canada. "

Great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE27 December 2018
They are a very good company to work for. They are ones that thrive on attention to detail. They also have very competitive wages and a very safe work environment.
20 January 2019

"Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us, especially on a platform that generally tends to attract less than flattering reviews. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. Our community ENGAGE teams are a typical example of how our awesome employees ingratiate themselves in their local communities and promote our social responsibility activities in the best way we can; by getting involved as OneHGS. Here's an example of our community involvement activities: https://www.facebook.com/HGSCanadaInc/photos/a.363467280385734/1957879617611151/?type=3&theater

I dont recommend to anyone - Brain dead- May cause hearing loss - No Job security-Less pay - stressful job
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Berry, ON20 December 2018
Pros : Working for two month is good

Cons : I dont recommend anyone working more than 2 months

No growth in the call centre and carrier point of view , I dont

recommend to any one

All the jobs are very stressful

Brain dead working in call centre

Pay is very less and increment of salary is less compared to other

jobs

We have to pay power and internet bill . it comes around $200 and

need a dedicated office space

Every minute they count to pay.They try to ignore to pay downtime

When starting to work on this software it will take 10 min. so we have

to log earlier 10 min.

The time sheet synerion dont work properly

No Job security

Long term : you may have hearing problems soon because you keep

your headphones close to ears, so it cause heat and head ache

and stress full job.

You dont have proper schedule and timing for food

No respect from customers

They expect a lot to engage the customers and less hold time

More incoming calls to take and solve with in short time

They also give high and low ranking agents like credit score to

distinguish people . so priority of shifting is not given to you.

people has take more calls to improve more get score,

The low ranking agents will be laid off soon
Pros
working for two month is good
Cons
I dont recommend anyone working more than 2 months Brain dead working in call centre
20 January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are focused on offering the very best support to our employees. We take your feedback very seriously and are working on ways to improve the HGS experience for all of our employees. We would like to continue this conversation with you to help us improve, and for this reason, your feedback is extremely important. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation.

amazing job experience
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Work at Home14 December 2018
I absolutely love this job, the managers and team leaders are so amazing and go above and beyond if you need help or if you need something. They have a lot of support and I have always received any help that I asked for. the customer service is great, although there are some grouchy customers the job is overall awesome!!
Pros
great team members
Cons
grouchy customers
20 January 2019

"Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us, especially on a platform that generally tends to attract less than flattering reviews. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. Our training is always hands-on in a way that helps trainees to learn in the best possible way: https://www.facebook.com/HGSCanadaInc/photos/a.363467280385734/1953352474730532/?type=3&theater

Good work place to learn
Customer Relations Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS12 December 2018
Good place with good trainers and good floor support
Flexibility in training's
Get easily promoted with in the organization
Helpful Team leaders and floor support
Pros
Have good bus facilities, flexible timings
Cons
Hectic call flow
20 January 2019

"Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us, especially on a platform that generally tends to attract less than flattering reviews. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. We always try and customize our training to fit employees: https://www.facebook.com/HGSCanadaInc/photos/a.363467280385734/2008449879220791/?type=3&theater

Downtime
Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 December 2018
I have been on downtime 14days so i have lost =10shifts=80hour at 15.50$ waiting for a part to come only to find out today that it has not even been shipped yet and I'm pretty frustrated because I have bills to pay and all the shifts that I missed due to HGS not sending the part and should get paid because that's not right I should not get punished for the lack of organization and appreciation of your employees. management and TL don't get back to you fast enough to get the answers I need. So to the point I wish I would get paid for the days that they have not even sent the cord end of story.
So to give HGS a score not likening what I have been going through I would give HGS a 2\10
Pros
No pros up to now
Cons
Downtime and equitment my advice dont work from home
17 December 2018

Good job good coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 November 2018
This job was fun, but doesn't pay, they promise commissions however I only received maybe $200 of the thousand's of commission's I was due and when I mentioned it the response was literally "oh that's weird".

The management was incapabile. and the job didn't pay squat because they didn't pay the commissions you were owed.

Good benefits Package though.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Don't expect to be paid your commisions
6 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We truly believe that our employees are our greatest asset, and we are always looking at ways to help our team to develop, learn and grow. That being said, we take your feedback very seriously and are working on ways to improve the HGS experience for all of our employees. We would like to continue this conversation with you to help us improve, and for this reason your feedback is extremely important. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation.

Low stress, positive environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NS6 November 2018
I enjoyed working at HGS for 5 years as they have a very positive attitude, super benefits, and the management are all very welcoming and easy to talk to.
6 December 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us, especially on a platform that generally tends to attract less than flattering reviews. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. Our community ENGAGE teams are a typical example of how our awesome employees ingratiate themselves in their local communities and promote our social responsibility activities in the best way we can; by getting involved as OneHGS. Best of luck for the future and thank you for sharing your talents with HGS Canada.

Productive ad fun working place with structured management. Good workplace culture, growth and development within the company. Job security and advan
CS Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK2 November 2018
Productive ad fun working place with structured management.
Good workplace culture, growth and development within the company. Job security and advancement with benefits.
6 December 2018

The people are fun and work is alright, management is abhorrent.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON27 October 2018
Worked at HGS Canada for over 1 year, the people there were great. Most of my coworkers were friendly and fun to be around, and that definitely made the environment a little more enjoyable to be in. The pay is fantastic, benefits are all-inclusive, vacation time is easy to accrue and easy to take. That being said, my issue is with the management. They're disorganized, manipulative, controlling, and otherwise just a pain. There are a few Team Leaders that stand out as good people, but for the most part the management style is absolutely absurd. Think elementary school.

I was recently terminated from my position here due to a previously resolved issue that was signed for without warning or recourse, so job security is nonexistent. All-in-all, decent place, but wouldn't make a career out of it.
Pros
Fantastic pay/benefits
Cons
Poor management, lack of organization
9 November 2018

Thank you for the candid feedback. We are sorry to hear that your HGS experience was not the perfect fit for you. We try to be an engaging employer by creating a positive work environment, reflected in part by the many community engagement initiatives that we are involved in. We take your feedback seriously and we would like to discuss your views further so that we may be able to address the issues that you raise. Please email us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further the two-way conversation. We look forward to hearing from you.

Expects too much too fast
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON25 October 2018
I really wanted to like working for this company. I didn’t make it through my training due to a family emergency. When I was back at work they expected me to be where the others were. I was 3 days behind. They understood about my emergency. But they were expecting too much. Would not recommend to work there.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Likes to set you off for failure
9 November 2018

The people I worked with were awesome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 October 2018
The people I worked with were awesome and the company is really awesome as well the only reason why l left the company is that I moved to far to continue working for the company.
Pros
The people I worked with were awesome
Cons
The pay rate was really teribble for the amount of stuff we had to take care of

Very easy going
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON30 September 2018
Very easy going work environment.good life/work balance. Flexible with peoples lives. Great opportunities. Always changing. Good mix of fast paced and downtime for other work
Pros
Shifts, food very clean
Cons
No free food

Bad Plaes
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON30 September 2018
I work There Before And I would never Recommend any body work there

It is known for as a in and out faster than in No payed Rest brakes
you are bulled
Pros
no payed brakes
Cons
no cones
24 October 2018

Productive, fast paced and fun
Customer Service - Work From Home (Former Employee) –  Clarenville, NL22 September 2018
You have to be self driven and able to work on your own. I enjoyed this job because I liked the ability to work from home, on my own. I enjoyed the unique staff and the work environment. I would have stayed at this position much longer, had we not moved and that I returned to school and was unable to commit to full time hours.
Pros
Unique work environment
Cons
You need some knowledge of computers
2 October 2018

Excellent Place to Work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS6 September 2018
It's an amazing place to work, everyone here is very friendly and cooperative to you. I worked as a customer service associates in Dartmouth NS. My site had alot of awsome people who helped each other when needed and they were also great people to talk too. Team leaders are very helpful no matter when you need them. Excellent health coverage, HR is so helpful.
I could not be more happier this is a fantastic company to work for.
I really have nothing negative to say about HGS Canada , HGS is always in my heart. Go HGS GO!
Pros
Excellent Management, Excellent Scheduling, Resourceful online training, Excellent in class training, Great health plan, Fantastic HR.
20 September 2018

has gotten worse over the years and wouldn't recommend.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS17 August 2018
logging into workstations were troublesome, 8 hours of nonstop calls with very little downtime. no pay for bathrooms breaks when you would be scheduled and where from 2-3 hours of phone time.

Managment varies from person to person, some will excuse long handle times if customers scores are high and others want perfection. upper management seemed to operate on a minimum effort maximum results, expecting results with minimum effort done by them.

If I have issues with the workload, burn out, or issues taking calls the only support I'm given is an employee assistance line that I would have them to call and arrange for assistance on my own time.

The hardest parts for me were the long days and that no matter how long I worked there I couldn't manage to get earlier shifts consistently.
Pros
Cons
too many to mention here
11 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We truly believe that our employees are our greatest asset, and we are always looking for ways to help our team to develop, learn and grow. We have many training initiatives such as our globally renowned ‘ReadyNow’ programs to help our team members to move to the next level and progress into leadership roles. We are proud to have so many amazing Team Leaders and Site Manager across all our functions in Canada. We are sorry that on this occasion we did not match your expectations and plan to follow up with you personally to understand more about your personal experience. Please contact us at talk2us@teamhgs.com where we will be able to respond on a personal level and continue the two-way conversation.

good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NS16 August 2018
was a good place to work, I liked the call center work place. Would Def do again. Treated employees every well had fun things to do. You get to talk to a wide variety of people from all different lifestyles. You have to have patients to repeat the same thing over and over
Pros
fun activities free food great people
Cons
long hours, difficult people angry people

Stressful and depressing
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON7 August 2018
Working as a call Center employee you will get multiple death threats a day buy customers calling in, the management listen and review random calls that you have with your clients and if you make one mistake you basically fail the call, they time you when you go on your break so if you’re a min late you get that taken off of your pay and they want you to work a ton of hours extra they can schedule you anytime of day and they will not give you a consistent schedule.
Pros
Good incentives if you do good on a call.
Cons
Call after call with no break.
11 September 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HGS Canada. Our community is ready to answer.