Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Hewlett Packard Enterprise Employee Reviews

Canada88 reviews
Well organized and great people challenging work, great reward and acknowledgement of you're effort
However sometimes the size of the company can leave you feeling like a number
Pros
Great people
Cons
Too big
Senior management has no idea how to run a software business, they should stick to hardware. Bought EDS and ran the business into the ground. OK to work for them as a contractor, but do not apply as an employee.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is a very dynamic company offering a broad spectrum of positive career challenges. Your career success is only limited by the level of innovation you are willing to deploy.
Forward Thinking Company that inspires you to think and do great. Management is willing to support you grow and develop.
Great place to work and learn.
Pros
Incentives, Rewards, People, Solutions Offering for Customers
Cons
Tracking sales vs commissions
Deep respect for managers I worked with, providing excellent mentorship and leadership qualities. Respected the ability to work remotely. Thankful for opportunities given.
My experience with Hewlett Packard was truly amazing! Learned so much from the highly experienced leadership. This process was a result of Compaq Computers merging with HP some 17 years ago. The interview process was handled well and respectfully despite the emotional crisis of the merger and the fact that not all of my Compaq Customer Relations Team was selected to be part of the new HP team.
Don't waste ur time....too much pressure..with recent changes the morale is lowest...too much negativity...if you don't have any connections, you cannot grow here..don't even think about recognition.
Toxic. Wouldn't recommend. If you like constant layoffs. Constant strategy change, which never works, constant cost cutting to employee packages. This is the place for you.
Continued to upgrade my skills and positions within HP, working originally on a Canadian team, then North American and then Global teams which expanded knowledge and abilities.
Spun off to DXC technologies, no longer exists as HP Enterprise. Formerly the services arm of Electronic Data Systems (EDS) of Plano, Texas, which HP acquired in the early 2000's to compete in the services outsourcing space.
A lot of good people work here; many with several years of employment that will not leave in order to maintain their grandfathered package. Newer employees have good benefits but the work environment is toxic. Its a large organization so you are really just a number unless you are lucky enough to fall into a group of 'connected' people that will have you recognized. Organization went through 5+ years with no bonuses or pay increases (if you were under a Director level) due to poor investments. Contributions to RSP were even reduced from 5% to 3%. Surveys are submitted yearly but none of the employee issues are addressed to help improve. I was in a team that increased growth and revenue year over year consistently (beating company targets) but the way they compensate is based on overall company performance so no one on our team was recognized.
Pros
Benefits are reasonable
Cons
Annual compensation, lack of work-life balance and lack of recognition
I had a great experience, my immediate managers were great.

However over the years, with mergers (EDS) and then spin-offs (DXC), it meant that there were many changes, and not always for the better.
Pros
Work from home opportunity
Cons
Low margin business
good . no issues . Fun to work with all colleagues. nice working environment. sometimes it is challenging to work with other vendors on customer site.
Our department was doing a lot of good things, but because we were more in a support role to other departments, it feels like we weren't recognized as much as we could have been. Our partner departments were in higher profile than we were and received more accolades.
Use to be a good company... but being destroyed by management - good specialists were let go. All new processes introduced were to strengthen "waterfall" approach of management.
Pros
Work from home option
Cons
Convoluted processess making even simple things to take long time
All thumbs up! Nothing but good words for HPE. This company gave me a lot of opportunity to learn and grow. There's a lot to learn in this company and I hope for more success in the years to come.
Pros
All thumbs up!
Cons
Great company to work for. Due to our channel organization having strong business partnerships, we had a good amount we had good amount of accounts being managed by parties, allowing us to spend a lot of time hunting for new strategic business.
Beaucoup de transformation chez HPE depuis quelques années. Des divisions ont été fusionnées ailleurs ou cédées ou vendues. Beaucoup de perte de collègues de travail. La demande de productvité et responsabilités pour les employés restant ont augmenté. Dans l'ensemble une compagnie qui cherche sa direction et cherche a se réinventer.
Pros
Travail mobile, permet de concilier un horaire travail/famille.
Cons
Beaucoup de micro-management, difficulté avec l'outil de compensation
HP/HPE was a great company but screwed by senior management team, those CEOs should responsible for what bad they'e made.

You can meet really talented people in such large organization.
Un environnement de travail très agréable et très motivant.
j'ai passé les meilleures 5 années de ma vis chez HP
Cons
open door policy