Hero Certified Burgers Management reviews

First Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 July 2018
Hero Burger was my first job. They taught me a lot about costumer service and how to work in a fast paced environment and also taught me some management skills such as scheduling and the basics needed to open and close a store.
good work environment with good staff
All positions (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON29 June 2018
great staff and okay management. fast paced work environment. always something to do. salary is okay for the position. store was much better managed by previous owner.
Good workplace
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 June 2018
A typical work where u flip burgers, take orders.
best part was to interact with customers. management was ok. fast paced environment in lunch times..
Decent experience
Prefer not to disclose (Former Employee) –  Canada14 May 2018
I really enjoyed the brand at first when I started working but fell out of love with the higher up management and the way things were run in the stores.
Challenging yet fun environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 January 2018
I had a wonderful experience working for Hero Certified burgers. It involved monitoring the kitchen, the employees and keeping the customers satisfied. Being a fast food chain it required prompt service with excellence and precising. The upper management were very supportive in training and helping with any issue. the hardest part was the long hours. the most enjoyable was interacting and meeting new customers and employees.
Pros
challenging environment
Cons
Easy job and good environment to work in
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 October 2017
Management is good. Job was easy and will improve social skills, team work was essential in the restaurant. Short staffed most of the time made it a bit harder. good experience overall.
Pros
great environment
Cons
low wages
Fun
Kitchen Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2017
I gained plenty of work skills working for this company however it was bad management that always toppled each franchise.Good food and great selection on the menu but customers seemed a bit taken aback with the high prices.
Horrible place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 July 2017
Honestly hated working there always on the lookout for the owners, who are absolutely always on Ur back on how to do ur job when they have never worked a day. Always under the impersonation that ur stealing from the till the one day there was a mistake.
Pros
50% off of all food
Cons
pay and staff
Steady and long shifts
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 June 2017
Location rarely got busy, overall job was great at the moment. Learned more about the food industry. Management was ok. Hardest part of job would be the night time clean up and closing of store, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning washrooms, etc.
Cons
Very long hours, night time clean up was brutal for just one person.
nice colleagues and management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2016
Enjoy to work there.
Nice work environment.
Nice management team and colleagues

First job
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2016
This was my first job and I was just lucky enough to have a great management training me. They were patient to let me learn, easy to approach about problems, understanding when it came to hours and very fun to work with. I got my cash register skills, social skills, and sales experience working at hero burger.
productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2016
i got the skill to see to tiny nuisances and make least possible errors and also time management and ability to work in a crew
Awesome workplace with amazing staff.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  17 Ray Lawson Blvd #17 Brampton, ON23 April 2015
Handle the cash register, and fryer. Maintain a clean and sanitary environment. Assist customers with orders and give order in timely manner. Taking food orders, ringing up transactions, and helping to make sure the place stays clean, and keeping supplies in stock behind the register, like cups, napkins, etc.

Throughout my experience with hero certified burgers I learnt great customer service skills, how to work in a fast place work environment, I made decisions on the fly. I learned time management, organizational skills.

The management was very proficient and gave excellent training and motivation to employees. The co-workers provided a positive work environment. The hardest part of the job was managing time, while working at the till and multitasking when the establishment was busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was engaging with the customer.
No appreciation for employees, no growth prospects
Cook and cashier (Former Employee) –  toronto8 February 2015
I have worked for Hero Certified Burgers for almost 2 years, and within those 2 years, I have seen quite a lot of illegal practices by the manager. Very long hours, a lot of the days people were made to work past 8 hours (12-16 hour shifts) with only an hour break. Sometimes the employees wouldn't get a break but have their break deducted from their pay cheque. Manager picks favourites and if you aren't one of them, hours would be missing from your pay cheque, in which you had to argue to get the missing hours that you worked for. People have worked there for over 2 years with no raise and some have worked there for 1 year and would receive a raise. Manager would scream and swear at employees In front of customers. Back of house always got treated the worst. Manager would lie to Back of House employees when a perfect score was given on the health review, manager would yell at back of house and put them down saying they are lazy and scored 0 on the health review when a perfect score was given. Back of house endured a lot of verbal abuse from manager. Front of house would get $20 a day compitition incentives and tips, Back of House got nothing. Back of house has to work in high temperatures going up to 50 degrees because management refused to fix the A/C or put an extra one in the kitchen. Manager wouldn't do their job and make the employees do payroll and the schedule. Conflicts with the schedule was a consistent thing where people would get scheduled to work 16 hour shifts in a single day and then the next day only have a 8 hour rest period in the 24 hours then again a 16 hour  more... shift. Manager worked the Back of House like dogs on a leash.  less
Pros
50% off food
Cons
long hours, missing hours from pay, verbal abuse, extream high temperature environment
Challenging but relaxing; Fantastic co-workers & management
Cashier, Garnisher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2014
A typical day at work (for me) would include taking orders and handling the transaction, informing them about where our food comes from and how we prepare it, keeping the dining area, windows and cash area clean and stocked, and the dishes cleaned as they come. And of course the usual closing duties.

I learned that a lot more people are affected by Celiac than I thought, thus expanding my knowledge of gluten free products.

All of my supervisors are wonderful people and the owner was even better. They are extremely hard working and willing to help you in any area of your work and personal life. Truly magnificent.

Most of my co-workers were just as great as the management. Also hard working and willing to do anything to keep the restaurant looking nice and the customers coming back. Wonderful.

The hardest part of the job... Honestly there were no really hard parts. Leaving was probably the hardest thing I did.

The most enjoyable part of my job was always feeling surrounded by friends. It's such a dynamic place to work, and though it may be considered fast food by some, you know where everything comes from. I never felt bad about selling burgers, like I did working at McDonald's.

10/10 for sure!
Pros
50% meal discount, the uniform shirt is comfortable, free choice in black pants (including Yoga pants!), 6 hour crew shifts: not too long, not too short
Cons
Still have to pay for food, people are disgusting in the bathroom, dishes.
Comfortable work environment with great teamwork
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON7 October 2013
A typical day would consist of taking many orders and helping customers. I learned customer service skills for a new business. Management was very patient and helpful, constantly providing tips and helping make the job easier. Co-workers worked well together and stayed focused. The job did not have any hard parts. The most enjoyable part of the job was developing customer service skills.
Pros
free food
Stable job with good hours, though it can be exhausting
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON2 May 2013
While understaffed, this job usually provided 10 hour work days - which, in food service - can be fairly tiring.

Like any other food service job, trying to balance a good rapport with customers while also helping out in the heat of a busy kitchen can be both mentally and physically exhausting. However, once you've gained enough experience, it all becomes routine, and much easier to deal with

This job taught me alot about working with customers, problem solving, as well as technical skills like working a cash register, debit machine, and handling money in general.

You learn to appreciate every little break you get.

During my time at this location, I found the managers very friendly while still maintaining responsibility. However, I also found myself without a steady weekly schedule, as I would often be called in with maybe 30 minutes notice.

The most enjoyable part about this job was the feeling of satisfaction after tackling a busy rush of customers, and having a moment to relax and catch up with yourself afterwards.
Pros
Free lunches, drinks
Cons
Long hours depending on the location you work at, management sometimes disorganized
Fun environment to work in
Kitchen cook/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lonsdale (Spadina and St Clair)27 March 2013
My experience at Hero Burger really enabled me to perform at my best an not only that, management promoted me within 5 months of me being hired and I gradually improved to later hold the restaurant key.
Pros
half off anything on the menu for employees
Cons
hot kitchen