Hero Certified Burgers Employee Reviews

Good
Member Crew (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON18 December 2018
it was a bit boring after a while, same duties every day, people are work were most mature age females, i took orders everyday and Help with shipments
Excellent
Cashier/Line Cook (Assistant Manager) (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, ON13 September 2018
My life and work balance was great. My bosses were excellent in making sure everyone got the same amount of hours. Fair treatment was also given to every employee.
Nice "fast food restaurant"
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON3 September 2018
Its a nice place to eat but to work its very unorganised. The food is premium and healthy but the boss at the location i worked at was NOT good. He didnt know how to run his business.
First Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 July 2018
Hero Burger was my first job. They taught me a lot about costumer service and how to work in a fast paced environment and also taught me some management skills such as scheduling and the basics needed to open and close a store.
good work environment with good staff
All positions (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON29 June 2018
great staff and okay management. fast paced work environment. always something to do. salary is okay for the position. store was much better managed by previous owner.
Good workplace
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 June 2018
A typical work where u flip burgers, take orders.
best part was to interact with customers. management was ok. fast paced environment in lunch times..
Decent experience
Prefer not to disclose (Former Employee) –  Canada14 May 2018
I really enjoyed the brand at first when I started working but fell out of love with the higher up management and the way things were run in the stores.
Taught me valuable skills i wish to apply elsewhere
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Whitby9 March 2018
Laid back enviorment, very clean, sanitary and great customer service opportunity. This store has taught me valuable skills that i wish to apply to further my career path and broaden my horizons.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Closing every shift even during school
Challenging yet fun environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 January 2018
I had a wonderful experience working for Hero Certified burgers. It involved monitoring the kitchen, the employees and keeping the customers satisfied. Being a fast food chain it required prompt service with excellence and precising. The upper management were very supportive in training and helping with any issue. the hardest part was the long hours. the most enjoyable was interacting and meeting new customers and employees.
Pros
challenging environment
Cons
Easy job and good environment to work in
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 October 2017
Management is good. Job was easy and will improve social skills, team work was essential in the restaurant. Short staffed most of the time made it a bit harder. good experience overall.
Pros
great environment
Cons
low wages
Became completely independent by working here
Head Chef (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON1 September 2017
It was a good experience working here. Now i know the situations which i can tackle easily without any major trouble. The person who wants to work in any place should be appropriate with his/ her professional commitments and standby it.
Fun
Kitchen Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2017
I gained plenty of work skills working for this company however it was bad management that always toppled each franchise.Good food and great selection on the menu but customers seemed a bit taken aback with the high prices.
Kitchen Help
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 August 2017
My experience was not a great one. Not bad either. Just fine. Nothing too special, some days were excruciatingly slow. Fridays were the busiest days, meaning time flies fast. Overall, satisfying job.
Good workplace, friendly management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2017
The best burger pace in Toronto to work with. Workload is less compared to other food and beverages stores. I would definitely recommend Hero burgers to my peers :)
Pros
505 staff discount :)
Horrible place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 July 2017
Honestly hated working there always on the lookout for the owners, who are absolutely always on Ur back on how to do ur job when they have never worked a day. Always under the impersonation that ur stealing from the till the one day there was a mistake.
Pros
50% off of all food
Cons
pay and staff
Steady and long shifts
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 June 2017
Location rarely got busy, overall job was great at the moment. Learned more about the food industry. Management was ok. Hardest part of job would be the night time clean up and closing of store, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning washrooms, etc.
Cons
Very long hours, night time clean up was brutal for just one person.
Fun place
Supervisor, Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ON29 May 2017
The owner was amazing, took the time to really help you learn. Great people to work with and very enjoyable to go into work. I would suggest this for a lot of people to work
Busy fast paced working environment
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2017
A place to be able to grow in multitasking and being well aware of time. Working with people who are communicating really well with each other has been a big help for me.
Productive and fun workplace
Head Cashier/Keyholder (Current Employee) –  North York, ON6 April 2017
The workplace typically consists of the regular duties: cashier, sets, or grill. During the slow periods, we clean periodically and ensure the store is clean. The co-workers are part of what makes this establishment great. Their dedication to the workplace is amazing and motivates me to not only be a better work but also a better individual.
New Experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 March 2017
As a first job, Hero Certified Burgers was a great start and solid platform for me. A fast paced environment with a great team working together to serve and satisfy our loyal customers. I learned many crucial skills that i consider my greatest asset.