Herman's Supply Company Employee Reviews in St. Catharines, ON

Good Company, Steady Work, Security
General (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 May 2019
Good place to work, every store is different but most managers I've met are great. The work can be tough but great breaks driving between job sites and u can get jacked lifting bundles! There r lots of clear procedures to help u do ur job and they have room to advance if u work hard and have a good attitude. If ur looking for a challenge and accomplishment, I'd go here. Benefits after 3 months is great too.
Pros
Co-workers, benefits, competitive pay.
Cons
Not for the weak, but good exercise.
Typical construction based company
Driver Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON22 February 2019
You typically load bundles on rooftops and do some yard work here and there . You spend most days on the road and a good driver makes/breaks the deal. Company policy’s and procedures are setup and designed to absolve company of all liabilities. Do not do anything unsafe or uncomfortable with as you bear the risk factor. Take your time follow all policy’s and procedures properly. You make next to minimum wage and are expected to preform as if your paid properly for the requirements of the job. If your desperate take the money and run don’t be superman or they will work you harder and tell you whatever you want to hear to keep you around. Take care of yourself, this company won’t do it for you.
Pros
Travel time, overtime, your driver
Cons
No PPE supplied, work-life balance during busy season, company policy’s, company procedures, upper management, organization, pay, not complying with employee standard act, reputation.
Great job, awesome company, even better people.
Inside Account Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON21 June 2018
I've worked for this company since October 2017. I have never seen more respect and encouragement in a workplace in all of my working life. When I started here, it didn't take long to realize how bad my previous jobs were. Everyone here was extremely welcoming from day 1, I received ample training for my position, and lots of support from upper management and co-workers through learning curves. I was used to working in companies that never gave any support to their employees and never solved problems - only let them get worse. This is the OPPOSITE with Herman's, if there are any issues, they are resolved very promptly, and everyone works as a team to do so. If you're a hard working employee and have a good attitude, it does NOT go unnoticed. For example, in under 2 months of working for them, I was offered (and did) to go with them to Texas for a paid trip to attend a very educational sales seminar. They are HUGE on educating their employees and even offer online courses for a plethora of topics. They care a lot about their employees, and pride themselves on helping their customers win. I've seen them bend over backwards to make customers happy.

An added bonus- They even started a year long fitness challenge to motive employees to be healthier and happier - lots of prizes for meeting your goals, health seminars etc. If you win, the prize at the end of the year... a trip for 2 to a Sandals resort!!! The support and motivation they give to be your best self carries outside of work hours into home life.

I love working here, it's one big family.
Pros
Great co-workers, lots of support, hard work doesn't go unnoticed, lots of perks
Cons
Summer is busy but busy is good! If you're scared of hard work and want to coast - don't apply.
Amazing atmosphere where you can prosper and grow!
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON21 June 2018
My time here with Herman's Supply Company has been nothing but amazing, they do expect hard work from you but you are rewarded & recognized for your efforts.
They are constantly providing options to educate yourself, grow financially and help you prosper within the company. They love to see their employee move through the "corporate ladder"; which is apparent as several of their Executive Management Team started at store level.
You work along side amazing Team Members and you never feel like you are going about it all alone. Herman's provides an amazing atmosphere where you can prosper and grow! They want everyone to succeed.
Pros
Very organzied, great work hours, amazing leadership
Cons
If you are not a hard worker nor have the want/drive to succeed, this might not be the place for you
Hard work won't be ignored!
Sales Support and Hunt Team (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON21 June 2018
I can honestly say, I've never worked in a better working environment.

I had spent a long while with a previous company where I began to feel my hard work was taken for granted and ideas were dismissed.

At Herman's, if you are motivated to put in more than what is required, you won't go unnoticed. I started at a store location and after a year had the chance to continue to grow in my role.

From there, I had the opportunity to transition to head office and work with a dynamic crew of individuals to build a department focused on prospecting.

I've learned many skills from multiple departments since then and continue to grow every day.

I never feel my dedication goes unappreciated now and this makes me want to strive to do the best I can every day.

The team atmosphere is nothing but motivating if you give the same back.
Pros
Room to grow if you put the work in
Cons
Not for people who want to coast
Team Atmosphere
Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON18 December 2017
Day shift and no weekends makes for a perfect work/life balance. I never miss a sporting event or dinner! The work environment fosters a positive attitude and recognizes hard work. Management listens to ideas and values input. The team atmosphere makes every success so rewarding. The hardest part would be to always maintain attention to detail and organization so nothing is missed. The most enjoyable part is seeing the "domino effect" your hard work has for the company as a whole.
Pros
Positive environment where hard work, dedication and teamwork is rewarded.
Cons
Not for those who cannot "self start" or use creative thinking.
Outbound Sales Representative
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 December 2017
Great place to work, very professional and organized environment. Friendly & knowledgeable staff & management. Working here has taught me a lot about roofing and exterior renovation. Hard work is acknowledged & rewarded. learning all roofing systems was intimidating at first but Herman's provides excellent training & product knowledge. Excellent place for a young working professional, lots of room for growth.
Pros
Friendly, knowledgeable, organized & professional
Cons
Lot's of room for growth!
Pricing and Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON25 October 2017
I started with the company 4 years ago, in an entry level position and now manage pricing and sales for the company. Hard work does not go unnoticed and it is appreciated at every level. Management is great at identifying strengths and advancement from within is a common occurrence. Every company has it's issues and growing pains but Herman's is on the up because of our amazing staff. Excellent place to be challenged and advance!
Pros
Great team, competitive pay, massive potential for growth
Cons
No Nap time
There is a feeling of pride to work for a growing company over the past decade in the face of tough ecconomic times.
Inside Account Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON11 September 2017
I have worked for Herman's for the past 12+ years and enjoy the ability to come home to my family every week night and to enjoy "Sunday's" off for personal / family time. Herman's allows me the opportunity to work with and serve the local roofing companies / businesses as well as the home owners in a 'Customer Service" capacity. I am impressed with the company's commitment to improve service as that is our strength in the face of stiff competition. The rest of Herman's team is also committed to working at the best pace with positive results. We may not be perfect but we will always strive for perfection. My job satisfaction comes from making our customers happy by handling their concerns, orders and projects with care and accuracy. I will continue to work at honoring the company motto "Helping our Customers Win!" every day.
Pros
Working close to home and steady days
Cons
Long hours and no vacation time during the summer
Good work environment with lots of room to grow
Legal Counsel (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 May 2017
I have been working at Herman's for almost a year and I've thoroughly enjoyed working here. As I transitioned from private practice to in house counsel I was not sure what to expect but I have been pleasantly surprised.

The company is very forward thinking and the use of technology is refreshing.

There is also a large team atmosphere which is great for a company of this size. The staff are friendly and welcoming, making me feel comfortable upon arriving.
Pros
technologically forward
Forward thinking, rewarding environment!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 May 2017
I have been working at Herman's for almost 2 years now. I think it's a great working environment and they are really into innovation and thinking outside the box. I enjoy working with HSC and look forward to going into work every week.
Lots of Room for Advancement
Management/Supervision (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 May 2017
Herman's has been a great opportunity to learn a lot, work hard, and grow.

The job can be very demanding, physically, or mentally, but I came in one position, worked hard, and grew into other positions. Let you manager know that you want to grow and do more, take it upon yourself to learn more about the industry, and you can go far.
Pros
Benefits after 3 months, room for growth, technologically advanced.
Great work environment!
Happy Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON28 March 2017
I enjoy coming into work every day! I have great co-workers and the work day goes by really quick. Leave your work at work and enjoy work life balance!
Pros
work environment