Herman's Supply Company

Herman's Supply Company Employee Reviews

as usual normal workday but at a fast pace. I learned how to operate different kinds of forklift and it's a multicultural workplace. the hardest thing is most times it gets very busy when customer demand is high
The management if that’s what you call them don’t have a clue of what’s going on. They will throw you away like trash when they’re done with you. Plans are constantly changing, not because of customers calling in to change but because the managers and sale reps screw up. Example I loaded a truck 4 different times because the manager kept screwing up. The company does not even supply gloves. Also blades for the knives they don’t supply. They expect you to buy replacement blades yourself. It’s a joke!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no idea of the days end. Bad attitudes.
A terrible company to work for, from top to bottom. It is a family owned business, and none of the family members could care less about the employees. The days are long, the work is hard and potentially dangerous, the pay is terrible, you will get laid off at the end of the season with no notice and they will withhold your last paycheck until they are legally required to, and then they won't even give you a reference when you eventually have to find new work. The working conditions are substandard-- the stores are old & outdated and most of the equipment is too. The only thing more outdated than their stores are their attitudes on how to treat employees. In my experience, the environment is extremely negative and makes many people uncomfortable. There is very little room for growth in the company. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Closed on Sundays
Cons
Low Pay, Long Hours, Seasonal Layoffs, No Room for Growth, Negative Culture
I've been here five years and still really enjoy my work and a lot of the staff are really great to work with. Senior management cares, you can reach out to them even if there's a problem at the store and they will pay attention. Sometimes it takes time for changes to happen though. I really like the corporate health and wellness program.
Pros
Lots of variety in work, good comradery.
What a pair of clowns the son is a junior if you dont make a dozen sales calls and get a huge order on your 1st week they let you go ,big employee turnover dont waste your time
Pros
Cons
Horrible boss (the son)
trust me this place doesnt have staff, they never ease on the work, they will prefer you die on a roof than for you to make them lose any money. Never trust management, they will lie. Easily.
Pros
you get to leave
Cons
everything
At first it was good. Turned stupid after our store manager quit for better opertunites. Was expected to run yourself to the ground ,run the equipment to the ground. On the other hand the guys and girls in dispatch were awesome to deal with. To top it all off the layed me off after telling me I wouldn't be laid off. Then in the spring paid me out and hired someone else. Lol. And that didn't work for them. The place is a joke. Avoid at all cost
Only positive's that came out of working for Herman's was meeting and keeping some great friends. I also learned a lot about transportation and distribution. I learned a lot about how not to treat employees, and what not to do when trying to correct a %80 turn over rate.
Pros
paid on time
Cons
demands on employees, no care about health and safety, or rules of the road
No one uses these antique USA trucks here. They are killer on the backs of the driver & roof assistant. Why do they continue to push these trucks when the competition laugh at them and the roofers refuse them? Because they don't want to spend the money on a 60' boom.
Poor Support from upper management - no guidance - no mentoring Long hours / no work-life balance Senior management does not care about staff and what's going on at store level. Poor pay for expectations of workload.
No loyalties to employees , no security and have to fight for anything they promised to give you , great between job not a career place , I’d skip over Hermans
The work does not justify the pay not to mention the constant worry about mto because the truck always over capacity or fighting tooth and nail to get a repair on the truck that legally needs to be done
Great company to work for! Great coworkers and pay is nice. Some days i did not have to do any physical labour! If you need sick days, they will give them to you! Overall, good experience!
Doesn't follow work place safety rules. Wants results over safety. Turns blind eye to maintenance and safety. Avoid!..................................
Herman's is a company i wish i still worked for but after a bad car accident in 2018 i was not able to continue if i had the chance to work there again i would great people great environment fun and straight forward never really had any issues there well worth the experience
Pros
Good money and great people
Cons
Long hours but the time flys by
Good place to work, every store is different but most managers I've met are great. The work can be tough but great breaks driving between job sites and u can get jacked lifting bundles! There r lots of clear procedures to help u do ur job and they have room to advance if u work hard and have a good attitude. If ur looking for a challenge and accomplishment, I'd go here. Benefits after 3 months is great too.
Pros
Co-workers, benefits, competitive pay.
Cons
Not for the weak, but good exercise.
You need to be very fit before joining. Don't be afraid of heights. Drive teams are great. Pay is decent. Guaranteed lay off in winter if you are new.
Pros
Drivers are great to work with. LONG HOURS. You will gains lots and lots of muscle.
Cons
Winter lay offs. But trust me loading a roof with snow and ice is not fun. Double edged sword here.
Was there for 6 years. Very hard to get raises. No respect for employees. You will have to buy your own gloves for work. And their ladders are usually broken or defective so bring your own
Pros
No weekend deliveries
Cons
Family run
You typically load bundles on rooftops and do some yard work here and there . You spend most days on the road and a good driver makes/breaks the deal. Company policy’s and procedures are setup and designed to absolve company of all liabilities. Do not do anything unsafe or uncomfortable with as you bear the risk factor. Take your time follow all policy’s and procedures properly. You make next to minimum wage and are expected to preform as if your paid properly for the requirements of the job. If your desperate take the money and run don’t be superman or they will work you harder and tell you whatever you want to hear to keep you around. Take care of yourself, this company won’t do it for you.
Pros
Travel time, overtime, your driver
Cons
No PPE supplied, work-life balance during busy season, company policy’s, company procedures, upper management, organization, pay, not complying with employee standard act, reputation.