Herman's Supply Company

Herman's Supply Company Employee Reviews

Canada44 reviews
Very demanding and fast pace
as usual normal workday but at a fast pace. I learned how to operate different kinds of forklift and it's a multicultural workplace. the hardest thing is most times it gets very busy when customer demand is high
Met some life long friends
Only positive's that came out of working for Herman's was meeting and keeping some great friends. I also learned a lot about transportation and distribution. I learned a lot about how not to treat employees, and what not to do when trying to correct a %80 turn over rate.
Pros
paid on time
Cons
demands on employees, no care about health and safety, or rules of the road
Conveyor truck lol
No one uses these antique USA trucks here. They are killer on the backs of the driver & roof assistant. Why do they continue to push these trucks when the competition laugh at them and the roofers refuse them? Because they don't want to spend the money on a 60' boom.
would not recommend this place to work!!!
Poor Support from upper management - no guidance - no mentoring
Long hours / no work-life balance

Senior management does not care about staff and what's going on at store level.

Poor pay for expectations of workload.
No loyalty to employees
No loyalties to employees , no security and have to fight for anything they promised to give you , great between job not a career place , I’d skip over Hermans
Destroy your body for min wage
The work does not justify the pay not to mention the constant worry about mto because the truck always over capacity or fighting tooth and nail to get a repair on the truck that legally needs to be done
Great company!
Great company to work for! Great coworkers and pay is nice. Some days i did not have to do any physical labour! If you need sick days, they will give them to you! Overall, good experience!
Avoid
Doesn't follow work place safety rules. Wants results over safety. Turns blind eye to maintenance and safety. Avoid!..................................
They are a family oriented group
Herman's is a company i wish i still worked for but after a bad car accident in 2018 i was not able to continue if i had the chance to work there again i would great people great environment fun and straight forward never really had any issues there well worth the experience
Pros
Good money and great people
Cons
Long hours but the time flys by
Good Company, Steady Work, Security
Good place to work, every store is different but most managers I've met are great. The work can be tough but great breaks driving between job sites and u can get jacked lifting bundles! There r lots of clear procedures to help u do ur job and they have room to advance if u work hard and have a good attitude. If ur looking for a challenge and accomplishment, I'd go here. Benefits after 3 months is great too.
Pros
Co-workers, benefits, competitive pay.
Cons
Not for the weak, but good exercise.
I like this job but know what you're getting into
You need to be very fit before joining. Don't be afraid of heights. Drive teams are great. Pay is decent. Guaranteed lay off in winter if you are new.
Pros
Drivers are great to work with. LONG HOURS. You will gains lots and lots of muscle.
Cons
Winter lay offs. But trust me loading a roof with snow and ice is not fun. Double edged sword here.
Poorly run
Was there for 6 years. Very hard to get raises. No respect for employees. You will have to buy your own gloves for work. And their ladders are usually broken or defective so bring your own
Pros
No weekend deliveries
Cons
Family run
Typical construction based company
You typically load bundles on rooftops and do some yard work here and there . You spend most days on the road and a good driver makes/breaks the deal. Company policy’s and procedures are setup and designed to absolve company of all liabilities. Do not do anything unsafe or uncomfortable with as you bear the risk factor. Take your time follow all policy’s and procedures properly. You make next to minimum wage and are expected to preform as if your paid properly for the requirements of the job. If your desperate take the money and run don’t be superman or they will work you harder and tell you whatever you want to hear to keep you around. Take care of yourself, this company won’t do it for you.
Pros
Travel time, overtime, your driver
Cons
No PPE supplied, work-life balance during busy season, company policy’s, company procedures, upper management, organization, pay, not complying with employee standard act, reputation.
Shipper
Great place to work. Supervisors treat everyone fairly and work hard themselves. The pay is good and it's steady work. Lots of potential for OT, and I love that. I load and unload trucks and help out customers, and sometimes even go out on a delivery. This is not a place for somebody who just wants to sit on their butts. I've seen to many guys like that and all they do is grumble and complain.
Pros
Good money and love the work
Cons
It is hard work but the day sure does go by fast
They Notice Hard Work and Offer Training
This company notices hard work and offers training. You can reach out to HR if you want to move and grow in the company. Even if challenges at store, the guys at head office are nice.
Pros
Training
Great job, awesome company, even better people.
I've worked for this company since October 2017. I have never seen more respect and encouragement in a workplace in all of my working life. When I started here, it didn't take long to realize how bad my previous jobs were. Everyone here was extremely welcoming from day 1, I received ample training for my position, and lots of support from upper management and co-workers through learning curves. I was used to working in companies that never gave any support to their employees and never solved problems - only let them get worse. This is the OPPOSITE with Herman's, if there are any issues, they are resolved very promptly, and everyone works as a team to do so. If you're a hard working employee and have a good attitude, it does NOT go unnoticed. For example, in under 2 months of working for them, I was offered (and did) to go with them to Texas for a paid trip to attend a very educational sales seminar. They are HUGE on educating their employees and even offer online courses for a plethora of topics. They care a lot about their employees, and pride themselves on helping their customers win. I've seen them bend over backwards to make customers happy.

An added bonus- They even started a year long fitness challenge to motive employees to be healthier and happier - lots of prizes for meeting your goals, health seminars etc. If you win, the prize at the end of the year... a trip for 2 to a Sandals resort!!! The support and motivation they give to be your best self carries outside of work hours into home life.

I love working here, it's one big family.
Pros
Great co-workers, lots of support, hard work doesn't go unnoticed, lots of perks
Cons
Summer is busy but busy is good! If you're scared of hard work and want to coast - don't apply.
Amazing atmosphere where you can prosper and grow!
My time here with Herman's Supply Company has been nothing but amazing, they do expect hard work from you but you are rewarded & recognized for your efforts.
They are constantly providing options to educate yourself, grow financially and help you prosper within the company. They love to see their employee move through the "corporate ladder"; which is apparent as several of their Executive Management Team started at store level.

You work along side amazing Team Members and you never feel like you are going about it all alone. Herman's provides an amazing atmosphere where you can prosper and grow! They want everyone to succeed.
Pros
Very organzied, great work hours, amazing leadership
Cons
If you are not a hard worker nor have the want/drive to succeed, this might not be the place for you
Hard work won't be ignored!
I can honestly say, I've never worked in a better working environment.

I had spent a long while with a previous company where I began to feel my hard work was taken for granted and ideas were dismissed.

At Herman's, if you are motivated to put in more than what is required, you won't go unnoticed. I started at a store location and after a year had the chance to continue to grow in my role.

From there, I had the opportunity to transition to head office and work with a dynamic crew of individuals to build a department focused on prospecting.

I've learned many skills from multiple departments since then and continue to grow every day.

I never feel my dedication goes unappreciated now and this makes me want to strive to do the best I can every day.

The team atmosphere is nothing but motivating if you give the same back.
Pros
Room to grow if you put the work in
Cons
Not for people who want to coast
Revolving door
Driving for these guys is horrible. I was their for 5 days and watched atleast someone quit each day. Job sucks really bad but he people here are nice. Everybody pretty much quit.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Sore back, low wage, and bad trucks
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Herman's Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9