Herman's Supply Company Employee Reviews

Light at the End of Tunnel
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 March 2018
To start with, the most amazing part of this company is it does not let you feel like you are a employee. It feels like a family.
Work is good and great Manager's to guide you through every process. You feel you are in safe hands.
Management takes time to make sure you are being noticed, acknowledged, appreciated.
Good challenging work. I work with great Management Staff who are willing to help and help you learn. Management cares about your career advancement and wants to help you succeed.
The mission is simple and clear, everyone is essentially working towards the same goal. One Task at a time.
HR, Operations and Sales Teams are all a pleasure to Work with.
Just an awesome work environment with awesome people.
You get what you give.
What you put into things is what you get out of them.

Looking Forward to what is in the Future !
Pros
Career Path Options, Attitude, Expanding, Great Atmosphere
Cons
Never have anything to Complain About
Team Atmosphere
Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON18 December 2017
Day shift and no weekends makes for a perfect work/life balance. I never miss a sporting event or dinner! The work environment fosters a positive attitude and recognizes hard work. Management listens to ideas and values input. The team atmosphere makes every success so rewarding. The hardest part would be to always maintain attention to detail and organization so nothing is missed. The most enjoyable part is seeing the "domino effect" your hard work has for the company as a whole.
Pros
Positive environment where hard work, dedication and teamwork is rewarded.
Cons
Not for those who cannot "self start" or use creative thinking.
Numerous possibilities for financial & professional advancement.
Outside Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 December 2017
Since starting with Herman's the guidance and leadership from management has been amazing. They are always willing to dedicate time and knowledge to allow you to succeed. Joining the company with little or no knowledge of the industry, they have given me the tools and resources to grow in my role.
Pros
Fast pace, daily iterations with a wide variety of companies & individuals, numerous possibilities for financial & professional advancement.
Cons
Some long days, driving for long periods, administrative tasks can be hard to stay on top of.
Outbound Sales Representative
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 December 2017
Great place to work, very professional and organized environment. Friendly & knowledgeable staff & management. Working here has taught me a lot about roofing and exterior renovation. Hard work is acknowledged & rewarded. learning all roofing systems was intimidating at first but Herman's provides excellent training & product knowledge. Excellent place for a young working professional, lots of room for growth.
Pros
Friendly, knowledgeable, organized & professional
Cons
Lot's of room for growth!
Pricing and Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON25 October 2017
I started with the company 4 years ago, in an entry level position and now manage pricing and sales for the company. Hard work does not go unnoticed and it is appreciated at every level. Management is great at identifying strengths and advancement from within is a common occurrence. Every company has it's issues and growing pains but Herman's is on the up because of our amazing staff. Excellent place to be challenged and advance!
Pros
Great team, competitive pay, massive potential for growth
Cons
No Nap time
Work your way up!!!
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 October 2017
I started with Herman's 13 years ago in the call center in an entry level job. The management team saw my hard work ethic and invested in me. Now i am the Regional Operations Manager, overseeing 14 store with 160 staff in two countries. Now i am looking for individuals to help grow their skills and instill good work ethic and dedication that the management team saw in me.
Pros
Room for advancement, team environment and great management
Heartless
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON21 September 2017
Absolutely disgusting work ethic in this company. Do not work for this company at all! They don't care about customer service and they especially don't care about their workers. You don't get benefits until one year. Half the staff gets laid off come winter. Do not work for them. They don't pay you enough to keep up with their high demands. If you make a mistake,they will make sure you remember it. Once you are in their bad books, it's game over.
Pros
Cons
Little pay, job is not secure
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa20 September 2017
If you have the willingness to follow the training and sales steps, humility to learn from your mistakes and accept constructive criticism, and the ability to push yourself to become a great sales person, this company is a wonderful one to work for.
Upper management is great. Always supportive and willing to help. Yes, it is a sales driven company, so it can be competitive which makes it not suitable to all people. But if you're good at your job, and showing improvement, the opportunity to advance is huge.
Training is on-going and very thorough, and it's paid off a lot with all of the knowledge that I've gained. The best part of working for this company is knowing you're not just a number.
Everyone knows everyone in this company, and your voice is heard when changes need to be made. I know I'll be with Herman's for a long time.
Pros
Casual environment and very short Commute
Cons
Can get a little slow in the winter months
Super Busy and that's what I like!
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON11 September 2017
I started to work for Herman's Supply Company when we had only two stores. I have seen so much growth its hard to believe that there are now 13 Stores in Ontario and 1 in New York State. Herman's Supply Company is a very busy company. I like that I am busy all day the time goes by so fast. I take care of customer accounts. Our customer's are the best I have been dealing with some of them for a very long time (I have worked here for 15 years)and I feel like they are my friends. This company is very positive and very modern. The way this company is set up is quite amazing. There is lots to know and I always want to learn more. The staff here are a good bunch we fit well together. I hear of former employee's say they miss the staff here, we do have a special bond. I personally enjoy celebrating birthdays here in the office. Its a time were we can take a break and enjoy each other during the afternoon.
Pros
Always keeping up with new technology
There is a feeling of pride to work for a growing company over the past decade in the face of tough ecconomic times.
Inside Account Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON11 September 2017
I have worked for Herman's for the past 12+ years and enjoy the ability to come home to my family every week night and to enjoy "Sunday's" off for personal / family time. Herman's allows me the opportunity to work with and serve the local roofing companies / businesses as well as the home owners in a 'Customer Service" capacity. I am impressed with the company's commitment to improve service as that is our strength in the face of stiff competition. The rest of Herman's team is also committed to working at the best pace with positive results. We may not be perfect but we will always strive for perfection. My job satisfaction comes from making our customers happy by handling their concerns, orders and projects with care and accuracy. I will continue to work at honoring the company motto "Helping our Customers Win!" every day.
Pros
Working close to home and steady days
Cons
Long hours and no vacation time during the summer
Do Not apply, Beware of what your getting into
other (Former Employee) –  other15 August 2017
look at the other reviews and see what your getting yourself into. What company has 39 job postings, a company that goes through a lot of employees. This company has extreme turnover rate, treat you like a no body and won't listen to nay thoughts. Whether your a driver, roof loader, supervisor, or sales personnel. The just care about them selves. All positive reviews are from head office (St.Catherines) beware and stay away.
Pros
Non
Cons
management does not respect you
Great place to come everyday
Warehouse Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 August 2017
I work in the Oakville location and enjoy coming into work everyday, The management team here has treated me very well and I just got promoted within the building. There is a very strong team atmosphere here and everyone gets along well.
Pros
good pay, great people in oakville
Cons
working every other saturday
Solid Company
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 August 2017
Have worked for Herman's for almost 3 years as a delivery driver. The job is not for someone who just wants to sit behind the wheel all day. It's physical but keeps me in shape.

Management can be demanding but fair, and the guys are great to work with.
Pros
Straight day shifts, no weekends, home every night for dinner, . Paid direct deposit every 2 weeks, never any hassles about my hours and pay.
Cons
It's physical work, and some days can be long. Potential layoffs for some for a month or two in the winter.
Employee
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Unkown27 July 2017
Because the company can't find and or keep good employees, they overwork and overload the ones they have. Uppermanagemt has no idea or no care what employees on the front lines are doing on a daily basis. This causes pressure on all employees to do more and quicker. They are demanding $35 an hour worth of work for $17.
Tools needed to complete the job correctly are not provided like, gloves, work boots, forklifts, hammers, harnesses, and trucks that are safe to be on the road.
They say good benifits, but don't tell you it's after a year! They say good pay, but don't tell you that a 50 hour work week is the norm! And they also don't mention that half the work force gets laid off every November!
Probably all reasons I'm looking hard for a new job!
Pros
pay check is there every Monday, made some life long friends
Cons
Overworked, Underpaid, bad management team
Beware!!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 July 2017
Was a former employee and do your research. Their is a reason why they are hiring for so many positions as they use you and get rid of you. Take these reviews into consideration, Been down this path with this company.....STAY AWAY!!!!
Pros
Cons
micro managing, Management
Know what you're getting yourself into
Labour Worker (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON23 May 2017
Don't be fooled by the reviews that were obviously posted by management.
They post the same job openings every spring bc they hire for the busy season, and fire when things slow down. It makes sense for them to do that, but they aren't up front about their intentions. They clearly take advantage of what little of a job market we have in this region.
Take the job if you need something for the summer, but don't be fooled by thinking there's more to this company
Pros
You'll get a good tan
Cons
They will lie to your face
Good work environment with lots of room to grow
Legal Counsel (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 May 2017
I have been working at Herman's for almost a year and I've thoroughly enjoyed working here. As I transitioned from private practice to in house counsel I was not sure what to expect but I have been pleasantly surprised.

The company is very forward thinking and the use of technology is refreshing.

There is also a large team atmosphere which is great for a company of this size. The staff are friendly and welcoming, making me feel comfortable upon arriving.
Pros
technologically forward
Forward thinking, rewarding environment!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 May 2017
I have been working at Herman's for almost 2 years now. I think it's a great working environment and they are really into innovation and thinking outside the box. I enjoy working with HSC and look forward to going into work every week.
Lots of Room for Advancement
Management/Supervision (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 May 2017
Herman's has been a great opportunity to learn a lot, work hard, and grow.

The job can be very demanding, physically, or mentally, but I came in one position, worked hard, and grew into other positions. Let you manager know that you want to grow and do more, take it upon yourself to learn more about the industry, and you can go far.
Pros
Benefits after 3 months, room for growth, technologically advanced.
Great work environment!
Happy Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON28 March 2017
I enjoy coming into work every day! I have great co-workers and the work day goes by really quick. Leave your work at work and enjoy work life balance!
Pros
work environment