Heritage Park Historical Village Employee Reviews

Great way to help out the community
Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 February 2019
This is awesome for everyone of all ages. It allows for people to enjoy and share their love for Heritage Park with others. Plus, at the end of the day, it feels good to give back to the community.
Concession Worker - Food Services & Retail Clark (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2018
Management at Heritage Park is quite variable. It all depends on who is your manager and the department that you are in. Some managers are great to have and some are less desirable.
Ok
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2018
This job was ok
I worked casual for a very long time got moved to full time it was a good group of people in my department met different people with various back grounds
Cons
The money
okay place to work
Event support staff- housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2018
I got to meet many different people from all over the world and enjoyed doing the event set ups and seeing the summer outdoor weddings. There is not always good things that happen here.
Pros
good experience
Cons
not enough money for the hard work that is done.
A great summer job for a University or High school student.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary18 January 2018
Mostly handled cash at the front gate. I also took photos for annual pass cards. Some of the customers can get a little frustrating but the general work environment is good.
Pros
Co-workers were easy to work with
Cons
Customers
amazing place
HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2017
I loved all the buildings and history in this park. People were so much fun. Never a dull moment, so much to do and learn about in the process. Great memories
Pros
beautiful environment
Cons
not many
Interpretation (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2017
I loved the management and people here. The pay is pretty decent for a non-profit organization. While there aren't many 'typical' work benefits, there were many other benefits such as discounts, free admission for family, and staff events. Amazing community to work in.
Pros
Great people
Cons
pay
Great Company
Food Services (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2017
Great company to work for. Instills good values in their employees and is a huge family company. Really friendly people and lovely management. Really fun learning all of the behind the scenes things.
Never the same day after day
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Different venues17 November 2016
Good for students or people who only want part time work
Staff is fun to work with.
Busy in the summer and Christmas, very slow during the rest of the year
Bus route is seasonal
Pros
Free parking, admission to the park
Cons
Management sucks
Fun place to work at
Train Conductor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 July 2016
For seasonal work it is good to work with a good crew. Trained when needed and will take advice to help improve safety for customers.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
No free coffee
amazing summer job!
Gate Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2016
Heritage Park has always been on of my favourite places in Calgary to spend my time. It was the perfect summer job with flexible hours and a relaxed environment. I learned plenty working for them, such as opening and closing the tills and I learned plenty historical facts in that summer that helped me tremendously in school afterwards. The management was well organized. I'd say to this day this was my favourite place to work in the summer.
Great people great experience
Retail Sales, Interpretor (Current Employee) –  Calgary2 April 2013
I have worked here each summer for the past 8 years and ovet the christmas opening as well. Working from hosting in the Wainright hotel for Brunch to working as the resident Mountie.

learned how to deal with people from all backgrounds and cultures.

The employees are an incredible bunch of people, I think that is reflected in the number who return each year.
Pros
the people
Cons
wood burning stoves
Decent place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 February 2013
The work was really easy and laid back although when busy (which often happens) it can be a little harder to move so fast paced. Most of this employees are friendly although quite a few were rude. The hardest part of the job was dealing with my boss because she took the power to her head way more than she should have. The most enjoyable part of the job was putting smiles on the customer's faces because I love to make people happy.
Pros
free food, free entry
Cons
rude coworkers
A step back into a piece of history.
Security Officer / Antique Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 December 2012
Transported special needs guests and staff throughout the park and proceeded to offer a safe and secure customer service atmosphere.
Pros
people
Excellent place to work
Lead Hand Supervisor Dining Room (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2012
Heritage Park Historical Village an high energy work environment with new and different people to interact with on a regular basis.
Pros
free staff meak
Cons
no break for management in the restaurant