Heritage Inn Employee Reviews

Nice easy job for student
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC22 February 2018
Working there is a nice and easy job if you are looking for something temporary. Summers can be hard and busy with the firefighters and CPR. The pay grade is not very nice especially if you work winters. You get free brunch. (Best brunch in Cranbrook.)
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not ideal for long term
Enjoyable workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Taber, AB17 January 2018
prepare till for the day
serve customers-drink and food orders
payout VLT wins
check for ID
mix drinks
have excellent customer service
keep an eye on how many drinks customers are having and be responsible for cut offs.
fast pace
SERVER (Current Employee) –  High River, AB17 December 2017
no motivation for advancement. seem to be stuck with no improvement imwork place situation/ friendly customers with trguals attending daily. alway happy to see
Pros
frebrverage
Cons
lazy xo workers
Ok place
Security/ maintenance (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 December 2017
A lot of gossip. The managers are great people to work for though. It was ok to work at other than the people who made it seem like we were back in high school
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Immature staff
Good place too work under the management at that time
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Taber, AB27 November 2017
Great place too work, love the front end people! Great place for advancement, when serving you can work in lots of different locations within the company
front desk
House keeper/ front desk (Former Employee) –  High River, AB13 August 2017
It was a good job i had alot of fun with the people i worked along side. but the manager was a bit much to handle he was very demanding. it mad it a hard work environment.
Fun place to work
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Taber, AB3 August 2017
Enjoyed working here.
Fun staff. Hours were not long enough. I also started working in the bar as well as catering I the same work place. When house keeping was slow working at catering made up for the hours.
Pros
Interacting with other people
Cons
Not enough hours
This wasn't my favorite job.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pincher Creek, AB15 July 2017
I applied for the waitressing job and a few weeks later I got hired as a housekeeper. I accepted, but I wasn't taught how to properly do the things I was supposed to do for the job. I worked with chemicals all day and I was never told how to handle the chemicals properly. I was given a uniform and told to work. I was also never given a schedule so I always had to try to contact someone every day to find out if I worked or not.
Pros
I got a paycheck
Cons
The management
okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 June 2017
okay job, they really try to get you hours but there seems to be never enough hours. fast paced workplace good coworkers nice bosses id work for them again if I wanted part time hours
Fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  High River2 May 2017
Great work environment, excellent atmosphere, great people, fair scheduling, organized, friendly management, accommodating supervisors, friendly staff
Productive work place,fun to work there
Waitress/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Norman Wells, NT2 January 2017
I was waitress and I was cleaning the rooms I really enjoy doing this kind of work the people were good to work for no stress no.pressure everyone did there job we all got along great
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
servinig and taking food orders to customers.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Taber, AB15 November 2016
i enjoy working at the heritage inn in Taber. But i currently i'm only working part time 43.5 hours every two week and im looking for 40 hours a week.
Pros
friendly staff and costumers
Cons
not enough hours. want 40 hours a week.
Alright place to work.
Dishwasher/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  High River, AB27 August 2016
It is an alright place to work. High School job orientated. Management could use an overhaul. No room for advancement or raises. Worked there for a year and half making the same small wage throughout my entirety working there.
Pros
Free meal each shift.
Cons
No room for advancement.
Fast pacd and busy environment with a small team
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Brooks, AB11 May 2016
Typically in a work day I would be busy setting up a banquet by moving tables and setting them. I would then serve banquets food, clean up after our guests and sometimes I would bar tend. I worked with a small team who would setup, serve, clean up and reset banquets. Often the shifts were long and fast paced. the hardest part of the job was finding motivation to clean up and rest rooms after a long late night. Often it would happen around midnight to two in the mornings. The best part of the job was the close friendships I made with the people I worked with.
Pros
Free Leftover food
Cons
On your feet 100% of the time, Conflicted managment
A Good Company to learn about the Hospitality Industry
Night Auditor / Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  High River, AB27 February 2016
I was able to gain work experience and the opportunity to apply my college education. There were no computers at the time of employment so everything had to be done by hand to balance the books and take room reservations.
Nice co-workers
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 November 2015
Didn't mind it at all, the long bus drive getting there was kind of an issue at the beginning but got easier as i wen't to work daily
good
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brooks, AB14 November 2015
good and funny place learnt a lot very busy place with supportive work mates good work mates and also honesty aqnd reliable for emoployees
Was busy
Assistant Manager Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Pincher Creek13 October 2015
Was very fasted paced had to be on time lots for work to be done sometimes not enough works. Than when we did have enough workers I was out of a job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
evening shifts
typically cheerful and busy work area
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  High River AB7 May 2015
there are many parts to every day that we work in the hotel. there's checking clean rooms, cleaning the rooms where guests are staying or leaving, doing laundry and supplying each guest as they ask. the harder days are when the hotel is full and it's difficult to get everything done in the time that you have. most of my co workers are pretty good to work with, and we have good conversations. i enjoy stocking rooms and folding laundry, and remaking the rooms into what they looked like before!
Pros
4$ meal tickets for employees
Cons
minimal hours depending on the time of year
Great staff to work with
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Brooks, AB24 February 2015
I met some great cooks while working at the Heritage Inn. I was working there until I had to leave for school. I came back from school and worked there for a month up to January until I got sick. I got along with most of the staff I worked with. It was a fun experience. Most enjoyable part of the job would be working dinner shifts along with the staff.
Pros
free meal