HERITAGE EDUCATION FUNDS INC
HERITAGE EDUCATION FUNDS INC Employee Review

Good job but difficult to get started.

16 April 2013
Heritage Education Funds Inc. offers an excellent product and great opportunity for those who want to put money aside for their children's education. The job and product are solid, however, it can be difficult to get started because you have to prospect your own leads, market your own brand, perform sales presentations, and provide quality customer service. It is the all in one sales rep. If you are able to get well connected and build a book of clients, it is a very rewarding position for both earning and work/life balance.
Pros
freedom, great product, earning potential
Cons
lack of structure
3 November 2019
Vice President, Client Services & Operations (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
I appreciated my time there. I do not want to write more than I have to. The ratings speak for themselves. Thank you Heritage for the happy memories.
24 September 2018
Sales Success Advisor (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
When you come in to work, I would immediately tackle my tasks. Greeting and being greeted in the morning and sharing stories of what happened the previous night or over the weekend. I've learned a great deal about the RESP and how the system works. Advanced my technical skills and accepted the challenges with new tasks that would advance my knowledge and skills. Management were easy to talk to, approachable and were able to take your ideas into consideration. The hardest part of the job was trying to complete assignments, when you are already working on another. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
free lunches, activities and recognition when it came to birthdays and work anniversaries
Cons
salary wasn't the greatest and the increases never fit your job review and profile.
20 October 2017
Independent Licensed Agent (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
With being 100 % commission work the economy plays a huge role in your work hours and pay. The company is first class for training and incentives to help you succeed.
Pros
100% commission can give the freedom at times to make as much as you like
Cons
100% commission and charge backs on plans