Heritage-Crystal Clean, LLC

Heritage-Crystal Clean, LLC Employee Reviews

Good company

Overall good company to work for. They took care of us during COVID and you get compensated well. Advancement is difficult unless you want to relocate.

Horrible place to work

if you make a fuss about safety issues you have you can find yourself without job. Poor management. Plain and simple just horrible place to work. A corporation that gobbles up companies goes in and basically destroys them letting go of employees they deem non- essential and breaking them down to skeleton crews always this company will put you in a dangerous situation

Pros

Great vacation time

Cons

Present a safety issue find yourself fired

Enjoy working for Crystal clean wish I can go back

Overall great company to work for I really like the fact that upper management gets involved in helping out even the smaller branches and the fact the the ceo has visited and has offer assistance as well in what can be done to make the company better .

This is not a job for everyone

They preach a newfound "employee-empowered" culture, but the same old habits show their head if there are any mistakes made. Still very sales driven, and the only reason safety is talked about is so they don't have to pay out so much money for accidents.

Pros

Money can be good at times.

Cons

Prepare to work your life away, they seek total control over your time, time off is discouraged because quota is more important.

Skys the limits

Great company to make a ton of money if you're willing to work and sell to go get it. It was like running your own business. Can be very overwhelming and stress full but all around very easy to be successful they also promote with in the company so plenty of room an opportunity to advance

Pros

Company trips great benefits an pay

Cons

Long hours home life

Difficult environment

It was very difficult to work for this company. Management will rip you to shreds and not care who is listening regardless of if you were wrong or not. Turnover is pretty sad, good people are let go or quit from being driven into the ground, but managers who deliberately disrespect you or others can keep their jobs even after multiple complaints by multiple individuals are made. Comments are made by upper management/VP's without any regard for their audience about who matters in the company vs who they could care less about. There are so many amazing and valuable employees here that deserve so much better than the current environment.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Upper management

Terrible regional management

Worked with 10 co workers, all workers left or were fired within 2 years.Management does not know the business. Good luck to all you people who work there.

Pros

Good drivers

Cons

Bad management

Eh.

You're a number, always will be a number... they say there is upward mobility to advice. I find that to be a lie, because it is a boys club. If you're loved by the BM, and the Regional manager, and his boss... you might find yourself moving up. Show up at 7am leave at 6pmThe pay is base + commission. You'll receive a salary of $400-$600 weekly. They have low commission rates, 2-6% which means you'll receive around $0-$100 per job.... and they'll lower this at anytime. One day you'll make 25 for the job you did yesterday, and next week you'll get 0. The Branch Manager or "BM" will encourage you to do your job, and even if that means it could be unsafe. You're then required to report any incidents to ChemTrac to protect you, but they'll fire you if you do it to much. This company will pretend to care about you, but flush you down the crapper fast if you make waves. They expect the most work, and pay you as little as possible... You need to sell parts washers to make money in the box truck, or else you make nothing.You need to hit quota to make a bonus every "Period" (4 weeks) which is at some obituary "75% of expected gross" Anyway... the other people there will make you feel like they are all cool, and most of the people you work with are friendly, and make you want to stay... but it is not a good company to work for. They work for their investors, they do not care about their employees, and they will work you until they can fire you.

Pros

More work = More money

Cons

To much

Weekly pay/bad upper management

Overall the two years that I was there my main boss was very nice very flexible and very easy to talk to...The two regional managers there not so much, you definitely felt like you had to clean up your act before they got there...I also got to meet the CEO and president Brian, and while he was nice... They are way to strict on how you made money.I have a learning disability, and so it takes me a while to learn stuff...They are a drive thru company... If you can't learn it fast enough they move on...I was let go based on something that somebody else said the company, which was never true.

Pros

Main boss, couple coworkers

Cons

Any benefits, $$

Very cliquey, not rewarding and management is not good

It was a great job at first, then they let people go, and departments got new management. Felt like I was being micromanaged, and constantly had work added to my already large workload. People being newly hired were making more than me, after I had been there for a while. I know many people not happy with the way this company is run. Upper management seems to care more about themselves than their employees, from my experience. Complaints fall to deaf ears. They have no issues throwing people out who have been there for a long time.

Pros

Insurance is okay

Cons

Pay. Management. Environment.

Jobs at Heritage-Crystal Clean, LLC

See more jobs

Nothing to brag about....

This job is literally a dead end for women. There's no real advancement opportunities for a Branch Admin at the branch locations, the way they are at the corporate office. Much easier for the guys to move up in rank. They don't offer maternity leave. So god forbid you have a child. If you didnt opt for disability, you're NOT getting paid while out caring for you're newborn. Once you cap out at a certain amount pay wise....thats it. Dont expect anymore yearly raises.Most branch managers are a joke. They know nothing about managing, let alone running a branch. The driver's and Admin are who are really running the branch, but get the least recognition.They send job notifications of positions open within the company, but yet will still hire an outsider, before promoting from within. So nothing exceptional here. Just yuur typical working environment nowadays 🙄.

Pros

Good Benefit package

Cons

Advancement Opportunities, Salary Cap

Collections

I just pray management didn’t talk about me, because when people get fired or quit. They had nothing good to say about that person. Both of the management staff in collections are very unprofessional. I see they still there making the collector lives miserable. You wake having a great morning and the first thing you see is a negative email about not updating a phone number. While accepting double the work because no one want to work for the two ladies in charge.

Great company, stable future, great leadership

The work can be challenging but everyone works together as a team to work through any difficulties. The work that is done at this company will always be relevant which creates a stable work environment

Pros

those who work hard in the sales positions, are rewarded for it

Good job if you dont mind constantly changing pay

Play their games and chase the commission structure they set forth, but when you have a good day they will change the rules and try to beat you out of hundreds of dollars.

Lots of turn over on the operational side.

Could be a great place to work if operations and sales worked together to help each other out instead of acting like 2 different companies. Operations has a lack of management.

Pros

Pay is good.

Cons

Operations management is very lacking and has alot of turnover.

Hard physical work, lots of Federal paper work.

Co workers are amazing fun and helpful. Management pushes very hard since their pay is based on what you do. A lot of times very heavy lifting and lots of bending and twisting. The better fit you are, the better off you will be.

Pros

Great co-workers weekend off

Cons

Hours, heavy lifting

Pressurized Workload and Rudely cunniving Supervisors/Staffs

Racial based selection workplace! Working geniously and getting scolded/bullied for no reason. No high hopes, they make sure you don't stay there longer!

Not a bad place to work

This company is all about the revenue/ how much you bring in, and the upper management does get mad/upset if we do not meet the weekly goal.Depending on the location you work at, you may have a decent boss or not- that can easily make or break things for you personally.NO benefits if you work PT, and of you take the benefits they are not cheap- and does not cover much. Almost not worth it.You are responsible for how much you personally make, if you are NOT willing to go the extra mile than do not apply.Co-workers who think they are your boss when they are literally at the same level as you.

Pros

Decent boss, Flexible hours

Cons

Healthcare, upper management, co-workers.

Very good job. Very flexible and compensated very well. For the most part, no micro management. Trucks are up to date and they provide fuel card

Pros

Compensation and flexibility

No job security

It’s cool if the hub mgr likes you or if someone from corp likes you. Rules only apply to some. If you have an issue you are viewed as an issue. Some don’t have proper license to haul freight and some come in drunk

Pros

Paid weekly

Best company I ever worked for

This company is a great place to work in. From week one, I felt very comfortable and my goals are clear. They are very organized and very cooperative. I received my training and if you don't know something they help you.I scheduled meetings with the departments managers just to learn about the company and everyone was very happy to receive you.Yes, there is so much to do and they will keep you busy but they don't expect miracles from you nor micro manage you. However, you should meet your goals at the end of the month and I do appreciate this alot.HCC is a job security and a career growth. I recommend it to everyone.

Pros

Great benefits, very great place to work at

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heritage-Crystal Clean, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement