Herc Rentals Management reviews

Site Safety Manager @ Shell Albian Sands (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 October 2017
Not a great company to work for
Management are dirty people, lairs and promise you the world and give nothing once you work for them
culture sucks
mangers suck
workers are ok
nothing about this company is good
Friendly work environment
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 September 2017
Training for job required was extremely good. Equipment used was top rate and if there was a problem it was taken care of right away. Supervisors were very knowledgable.
Pros
Training
Cons
Very good place to work...i would work foe them again
WORKSHOP FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 April 2017
A great place to work and the people were good.The management was very supportive and helpful most of the time.I learnt a lot and grew mechanically with diverse equipment that I had to work on.They promote a very inclusive safety in workplace culture.
It can be a good place to work
Trip Leader (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 March 2017
It can be a great place to work. Many opportunities for advancement. Their management package is amazing. Very little supervision and good employee benefits. It's a unionized environment as well. Weekly pay what more can I say?
Benefits
Cons
salary
Overall Good Company
Safety (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2017
Overall good company to work for, great benefits and paid sick time. Good salaries. Great tuition reimbursement program.

No place to advance if you are entry level. Continually restructuring and redoing all their programs so no job security. The corporate staff is all the same people that get shuffled around, so management is very poor and a clic type place. No work/life balance, they expect you to work all the time with no overtime pay if you are salary.
Pros
Benefits, tuition program
Cons
Poor management, no advancement
productive emjoyable place to work
Heavy Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 December 2016
Good place to work with long term employees in company. Management good to deal with. Nice steady busy place to work. The only bad thing is dealing with the cold. But wee are in Canada.
worst company in rental business to work for.
HD Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Foster Creek/Christine Lake9 September 2016
The worst of the lot. Took over a year for my back to recover from all the stabs I received from upper management and sales people. Worked in the oil patch for all the rental companies and these guys (UM/Sales) are the lowest bunch of scum I have ever worked with. My fellow workers onsite were a good bunch who got screwed over more than me. Awesome co-workers who worked in fear of been replaced at any time. NO I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
onsite co-workers
Cons
upper/branch management
Excellent working environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 December 2015
Hertz Equipment rentals is a company that focuses on its people. Putting the right people in the right positions, promoting from within, and provided the support and training necessary for success in the position. I have been given the leeway to do my job effectively without being micromanaged and I have been provided with the tools and training to be successful. The people are are friendly and supportive and it is clear that people are working here because they want to work here and not just out of necessity. My move to Hertz was a decision I do not regret.
Pros
Good people, management support
Cons
none.
Employee Retention
Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2015
Hertz is very focused on retaining quality employees and ensuring the happiness of their employees - in my opinion. Any issues that I have had were addressed and I felt supported and appreciated. It is a fun working environment, where safety is also valued very highly.
I know that there are always opportunities available to me to learn and grow.
Pros
Terrific Benefits