Herc Rentals Management reviews

Herc Rentals-Canada-a company focussed on being the Employer of Choice
Sales and Ops Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2019
The benefits are very good, the company covers 100% of the benefit premiums, so I don't have to pay anything for me and my family. There is also a health care spending account on top which I can use.

I am also very happy to have a good pension plan to focus on my retirement, with a company match, something many companies don't offer anymore.

My Manager is great, recognizes me and my co-workers for doing a good job and is interested in my career growth.

Great company to work for.
Pros
Management, benefits, pension, tuition reimbursement, great vacation policy
Cons
can't think of any
My worst employment situation ever !
Regional Product Safety Trainer (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Canada28 February 2019
Not Reccomend!

I was there for almost three years this was my worst employment situation ever !

Poor branch management experience levels. The staff is suffering under the BM's need to control and micromanage

Questionable integrity and misappropriation of position and company assets

Corporate levels leadership was not engaged snd was not capable in supporting me in my position

long term employees leaving 4 person at branch office with 10+ years with the company have quit in the last year.
Pros
Never had a payroll issue.
Cons
Constant state of change & instability... branch closings and layoffs
Stay away this company is not stable
Admin Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2019
Unstable company that has changed names and at risk for going under. Other USA Companies are coming in providing better service. Management is who you know and if your their friend. Low moral and not much for staff appreciation at all.
I WATCHED them call cabs and send 50+ staff home during two rounds of lay offs.
It was a great place to work but now it’s horrible
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Alberta5 January 2019
Great benefits, great wage, but not worth the abuse from management. Most of my co-workers are awesome but the key people you need to rely upon are two faced, liars,vindictive, abusive but the few that are decent people they most likely get “restructured” out of a job or bail before it happens. It’s too bad because it was a great place to work, but those days are over.
Pros
Wage, benefits, diverse equipment
Cons
Managment, abuse, job security
toxic place
admin (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB (Albian)4 January 2019
salary is good but lack of support from management when you

need them the most. no job security, politics. it has become a family club, if you're not part of it you'll suffer but if your part or friends you're ok but as soon as you turn your back they will talk.
Pros
some good people
Cons
toxic workplace
depends where you are
Field and Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Mc Murray AB Canada19 October 2018
The Fort Mac region upper management is a tight knit club
of family and favorites .... if your part of that club you are set,
if not you will never advance , or if your actively involved in the
union , they hate that and you will never advance either,

Working at the town shop is a little more forgiving you can
advance based on merit , and its a good crew of guys
the camps and remote site management are far more involved in favoritism
Site Safety Manager @ Shell Albian Sands (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 October 2017
Not a great company to work for
Management are dirty people, lairs and promise you the world and give nothing once you work for them
culture sucks
mangers suck
workers are ok
nothing about this company is good
Friendly work environment
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 September 2017
Training for job required was extremely good. Equipment used was top rate and if there was a problem it was taken care of right away. Supervisors were very knowledgable.
Pros
Training
Cons
Very good place to work...i would work foe them again
WORKSHOP FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 April 2017
A great place to work and the people were good.The management was very supportive and helpful most of the time.I learnt a lot and grew mechanically with diverse equipment that I had to work on.They promote a very inclusive safety in workplace culture.
It can be a good place to work
Trip Leader (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 March 2017
It can be a great place to work. Many opportunities for advancement. Their management package is amazing. Very little supervision and good employee benefits. It's a unionized environment as well. Weekly pay what more can I say?
Benefits
Cons
salary
Overall Good Company
Safety (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2017
Overall good company to work for, great benefits and paid sick time. Good salaries. Great tuition reimbursement program.

No place to advance if you are entry level. Continually restructuring and redoing all their programs so no job security. The corporate staff is all the same people that get shuffled around, so management is very poor and a clic type place. No work/life balance, they expect you to work all the time with no overtime pay if you are salary.
Pros
Benefits, tuition program
Cons
Poor management, no advancement
productive emjoyable place to work
Heavy Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 December 2016
Good place to work with long term employees in company. Management good to deal with. Nice steady busy place to work. The only bad thing is dealing with the cold. But wee are in Canada.
worst company in rental business to work for.
HD Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Foster Creek/Christine Lake9 September 2016
The worst of the lot. Took over a year for my back to recover from all the stabs I received from upper management and sales people. Worked in the oil patch for all the rental companies and these guys (UM/Sales) are the lowest bunch of scum I have ever worked with. My fellow workers onsite were a good bunch who got screwed over more than me. Awesome co-workers who worked in fear of been replaced at any time. NO I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
onsite co-workers
Cons
upper/branch management
Excellent working environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 December 2015
Hertz Equipment rentals is a company that focuses on its people. Putting the right people in the right positions, promoting from within, and provided the support and training necessary for success in the position. I have been given the leeway to do my job effectively without being micromanaged and I have been provided with the tools and training to be successful. The people are are friendly and supportive and it is clear that people are working here because they want to work here and not just out of necessity. My move to Hertz was a decision I do not regret.
Pros
Good people, management support
Cons
none.
Employee Retention
Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2015
Hertz is very focused on retaining quality employees and ensuring the happiness of their employees - in my opinion. Any issues that I have had were addressed and I felt supported and appreciated. It is a fun working environment, where safety is also valued very highly.
I know that there are always opportunities available to me to learn and grow.
Pros
Terrific Benefits