Herc Rentals
Herc Rentals Employee Review

Good work place need to be better organized

22 January 2018
Its a good work place and come with benefits but there could be better to make it great. The guys in the trucks on road get paid more and at times i dont feel everyone is treated equally.
4.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Safety
Cons
Getting training
7 November 2020
Class 1 Driver/Operator (Current Employee) - 7905 - 50 Street Edmonton, AB
I looked to HERC RENTALS at first as a place to do an unpaid practicum for college credits, (Logistics and Warehouse Management). Within minutes of talking with their Canada wide recruiter about a position they had open as a Class 1 driver in town I knew this is a place I needed to be a part of. So far they have bent over backward to make me feel at home and part of the team, going over the top in training, (meaningful stuff not the sit in front of the computer and select A,B,C stuff). I haven't even finished all the training and I feel like I can retire here... Most of the employees I have meet and spoken with have been here 10+ years and have no thoughts of moving on... I will up date this review in the future, but so far so good!!
Pros
Great people, Good Training, Clear and to the point Introduction to the company and what is expected from you and from them!
Cons
The steps on getting hired are a little mixed up, probable because the head office is in the USA Florida I believe.
24 May 2020
Mechanic A (Former Employee) - Calgary, AB
Branch management will say one thing while the upper management will do something different. Despite being advised of job security once you pass your probation period, there is no job security and you can be let go for any imaginable reason, like being there less time than another who has worse job performance.
29 April 2020
DRIVER/YARD WORKER (Former Employee) - Kingston Ontario
Great company. I had a woman manager for a boss. My first ever. She was a precedent it was no doing things the old ways did everything by the book safety was number one home work life balance was very important and it was a great company to work for best job I've ever had
  1. Good work place need to be better organized