Herc Rentals
Herc Rentals Employee Review

Good Entry Level

30 October 2016
Good starting point if your new to corporate workplace management was above par. felt like there was a Chinese wall between sales and operations. best part of job was down to earth personalities for the most part.
4.0Job security/advancement
Pros
name recognition
Cons
good old boys system still entact
7 January 2019
Same role
Sales and Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) - Brandon, MB
Would of liked to stay but unfortunately location has closed. Good pay and benefits. Family and safety are number 1 to company. Training is superior in their field
6 January 2019
Same role
Sales & Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) - Calgary, AB
Herc Rentals has a good career path for anyone how is interested in working with heavy equipment. They will show you how to build rental agreements intended for Herc Standards. This job is hands on, and requires a lot of organization for planning deliveries and returns. We use Rentalman that allows our team to structure our days. Completing reports is a constant daily practice with team building. Depending on the season it's an extremely busy environment. The hardest part would be situations when someone is directed to do a task. Then if the information provided has been incorrect and you do not have proof. Colleagues have been penalized for misconduct. Having paper trails to any on-going project is critical to succeed with Herc.
Pros
Equipment training
Cons
Aggressive customers
7 November 2020
Class 1 Driver/Operator (Current Employee) - 7905 - 50 Street Edmonton, AB
I looked to HERC RENTALS at first as a place to do an unpaid practicum for college credits, (Logistics and Warehouse Management). Within minutes of talking with their Canada wide recruiter about a position they had open as a Class 1 driver in town I knew this is a place I needed to be a part of. So far they have bent over backward to make me feel at home and part of the team, going over the top in training, (meaningful stuff not the sit in front of the computer and select A,B,C stuff). I haven't even finished all the training and I feel like I can retire here... Most of the employees I have meet and spoken with have been here 10+ years and have no thoughts of moving on... I will up date this review in the future, but so far so good!!
Pros
Great people, Good Training, Clear and to the point Introduction to the company and what is expected from you and from them!
Cons
The steps on getting hired are a little mixed up, probable because the head office is in the USA Florida I believe.