Herc Rentals
Herc Rentals Employee Review

A good company right out of the military

10 June 2019
After getting out of the military, I was hired on almost immediately. The days consisted of maintaining generators and light sets. I would occasionally deliver the equipment to specific sites. The management was almost never around. The workplace culture was pretty individual. I was pretty much on my own the majority of the time. The hardest part about the job was the hours. More often than not, I would be traveling all across North Carolina dropping off equipment, or picking it up. After awhile, it just makes it hard to have a proper work/personal life balance. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I could take my lunch whenever I wanted.
24 May 2020
Mechanic A (Former Employee) - Calgary, AB
Branch management will say one thing while the upper management will do something different. Despite being advised of job security once you pass your probation period, there is no job security and you can be let go for any imaginable reason, like being there less time than another who has worse job performance.
5 January 2019
Mechanic (Current Employee) - Alberta
Great benefits, great wage, but not worth the abuse from management. Most of my co-workers are awesome but the key people you need to rely upon are two faced, liars,vindictive, abusive but the few that are decent people they most likely get “restructured” out of a job or bail before it happens. It’s too bad because it was a great place to work, but those days are over.
Pros
Wage, benefits, diverse equipment
Cons
Managment, abuse, job security
9 September 2016
HD Mechanic (Former Employee) - Foster Creek/Christine Lake
The worst of the lot. Took over a year for my back to recover from all the stabs I received from upper management and sales people. Worked in the oil patch for all the rental companies and these guys (UM/Sales) are the lowest bunch of scum I have ever worked with. My fellow workers onsite were a good bunch who got screwed over more than me. Awesome co-workers who worked in fear of been replaced at any time. NO I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
onsite co-workers
Cons
upper/branch management
  1. A good company right out of the military