Herbers Autobody

Herbers Autobody Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
Very fast paced environment , good organization and consistently monitoring and tweaking their production processes.
Good benefits package and the pay scale better than industry average.

Pros
Organized and very proactive
Cons
Could be more appreciation of long hours and extra effort
I have very much enjoyed working for Herbers. it offered a relaxed enviroment with fast paced work through the busy winter months. Your days fly by most of the time. My co-workers were all great to work with and the management style is wonderful. She is hard working and professional, but still friendly and relatable.
Great place to work. Great culture. 3 managers in 3 years. That was a problem. It was difficult to maintain consistency with the many management changes. Painter had no say about prosucts and application plocedures
Pros
Good pay. Good culture
Cons
Very fast pace. No input
Nobody gave praise for a job well done. Asked to do jobs out of sequence. For instance cleaning a truck only to find out it had to go to kal tire. Then having to wash it again when it came back. I sometimes washed the same truck 2 to 3 times.
Looking for somewhere that pays flat rate. They do not pay us properly here and it’s not paying the bills. Decent management but poor work quality for the employees for the most part
Official response from Herbers Autobody
28 February 2020
We appreciate the 4 start rating and your feedback. As a current employee, we definitely encourage you to speak with the proper channels about your concerns. We never want any of our stakeholders to feel as if they have poor work quality. We believe that in order to make a business successful, open communication is key. Thank you again for your review.
Employee rotation is high due to lack of respect and no flat rate pay structure for the refinish side. Sick days are not respected. Management is too concerned about their own bonuses and not the employee.
Cons
No human relations.
Official response from Herbers Autobody
28 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our pay structure in the refinish department is designed to encourage teamwork within the department, and we’re sorry that wasn’t your experience. We do try to respect our stakeholders’ sick leave requirements, as outlined in our sick day policy.
Our Management Team is consistently striving to make the employee experience a good one – if you feel like this was not the case, please feel free to email us confidentially with more information at hr@herbersautobody.com.
the worst workplace i have ever worked in my 10 years of being in edmonton, they are sooo cheap they will let a very valuable employee of almost 4yrs experience go all because of pay
Everyone seems to be very friendly and welcoming. I was able to learn how a bodyshop operates. I would recommend this place to anybody looking to get into this trade.
Lots to learn in short period of time. Get ready for long hours and cold or hot weather conditions, and Hard manual labor. If your new to the auto body trade I would defiantly recommend this place under the pretense that you're gonna work hard and are prepared for anything
Pros
1 Hour Lunches
Cons
8 hours, Strict, younger people are not taken seriously
No job/life balance. Takes forever to advance if you ever even do. Management was biased about who got promoted and hired new people above wages of people there a long time with zero experience.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours would not let you take breaks and low pay
i worked their for 2 weeks as a favour and the people were great and i would go back. i learned alot about cleaning vehicles and learned how to properly park a lot of vehicles in a small area
This was a great place to work way back when. It was very busy but the people were great. Never a dull moment and great team work!
Pros
Vehicle Repair Discount
Cons
Staff room