Herbaland Naturals Inc.
Herbaland Naturals Inc. Employee Review

A good place for rats on a circus wheel

25 October 2018
Bad management. No one will train you properly. They will get you to work right away without exercising on what you need to do. No orientation. You will slave yourself on 10 hours shift for a 30 minutes break. Good things: Co-workers were nice. Neat place. Some free cake and the owner looks like he's either high on drugs or just very sleepy all the time. You will feel like a lab rat working on a wheel under surveillance on your whole shift. Expect to work sluggish after you get drain out of your mind especially graveyard. Machinery breaks frequently and you end up doing things manually by hands. Got sack for having an emergency issue.
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Neat warehouse, co-workers
Cons
Bad management. No formal training. Broken Machines.
8 June 2021
R&D Technician (Former Employee) - Richmond, BC
The work involves the following: ensuring compliance with different regulatory bodies; formulate recipes; organize sensory, lab trials and over-see production scale-up processes; manage production on a day-to-day basis; production troubleshooting; draft NPN applications; drafting marketing materials; research ingredients & be up-to-date with current trends and new technologies; coordinate between departments to arrange production; source raw materials, and many more functions that cross with other departments. This type of work yields a lot of valuable experience....However, the company pays way below average wage for the volume of work and the responsibilities given; stress levels are often quite high. Management fails to properly acknowledge and retain talent, resulting in high turnover rates of office employees. The vision of the company is not all that clear; morals are sometimes pushed to the side; health and safety of both employees and customers are often low priority. There's a general sense that revenue is more important than maintaining and improving quality.
Pros
Occasional pizza party
Cons
Pay, benefits, management
8 December 2019
Office (Current Employee) - Richmond, BC
I don't agree with comments saying that this company is the worst place to work. I have been working for this company for years and I've never learned so much compare to any other companies I worked for. Lots of great perks and benefits. Company is investing in technology to make job easier.
29 November 2019
QC (Former Employee) - Richmond, BC
4 stars for co-workers, 0 star for the owner. 100% agreed with all previous comments about cameras and management (owner). I have experienced it and wish did not apply there. Unless if you are desperate looking for a job, please look somewhere else. One day owner love you, next day you are fired without warning or explanation and mess up your life.
Official response from Herbaland Naturals Inc.
2 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. All feedback is of great value to us, however, at the same time we realize that there are always two sides to every story or experience. It is unfortunate that your experience at Herbaland was not positive. Herbaland is a workplace that continues learning and taking on challenges that move the company in a new direction and take it to places we hadn't even imagined possible. We understand that not everyone can fit into this environment and we are always happy when they can find a place that they feel more comfortable to work at. We encourage everyone who reads this review check our website and social media to learn more about Herbalands achievements, culture and its values. Thank you again, we will use your review to continue to improve and grow.
  1. A good place for rats on a circus wheel