Hensall Co-op Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henall25 June 2019
I worked at Hensall Co-Op and I found it a great place to work. The only reason I left was because I found a job closer to where I live. I enjoyed the supervisors and management.
Unprofessional
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Hensall, ON1 February 2019
If your looking for something long and satisfing stay away long boring days most of the time they don’t know what everyone’s going to do day to day they can’t keep people and that’s due to lack of skilled management and employees there are not there for a
Career their there for the benafits not the wage you’ll
Make more working on a farm then you will there
Pros
The day goes fast
Cons
It’s doent go fast enough
Old Boys Club. Now about money not the farmer. No longer follows established Co-operative Philosophies.
Coordinator/Processor (Former Employee) –  Hensall, ON27 March 2018
Worked in the office and yard. The disrespect level & back stabbing is toxic. I now work for a company with the utmost respect making me realize how bad the coop working atmosphere is so I am writing a review.

You cannot speak up or you will be fired. No one is allowed to have an opinion and if you do and it doesn’t fit the perspective of the CEO you will be fired.

Education, experience and skills mean nothing to them. You can bend over backwards and work towards a goal then dump on you.

The pay does not meet what the industry pays in the area as per studies done in the area. I should have worked hourly to make $60,000-90,000 per year working overtime instead of a salary for $32,000 a year start with 2 days off for overtime worked. After 5 years only at $35,000 with a 1-2% raise per year. Or work 25 years and only make $40,000 per year. Stay away. More ag companies out there to work for.

I am still a member and am worried about the future of our farmers with the changes the coop is making under the new management regime.

Also you will see how many job postings they have...
Ever wonder why this has increased from 0-2 to 5-15 at a time in the last year? People are unhappy and leaving not just because of growth as they will try to say.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers
Cons
Management, Ceo, Toxic Atmosphere
Just like High School
clerk (Former Employee) –  Hensall, ON27 February 2018
This company is constantly hiring, yet never hire anyone that has actual qualifications. Friends of friends is how you get in, but you must fit into their little club of elite surnames etc.
The pay is below average compared to the ones that sit and do nothing and get paid far too much.
There is little to no training, and nothing but gossip and garbage.
Don't bother applying here, it is a waste of your time.
Pros
close to home
Cons
People, wage
Great Job
Yard Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hensall, ON22 January 2018
Enjoyed this Job only left as wife needed me work closer to home.
I was traveling a hour to and from work every day.
gained lots of experience in many different types of heavy equipment and farming machinary while working here.
Horrible place to work
Yard (Former Employee) –  Hensall, ON3 May 2017
Good coworkers are about the only thing this place has going for it.
If you like getting treated like garbage from management then this is a job for you.
Good job if you're desperate but don't be surprised if you're suddenly let go just before probation is up.
Pros
Paid breaks, variety of equipment to learn
Cons
Minimal raises, horrible management
Very good for agriculture people
Multiple positions (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, ON1 May 2017
There are a lot of different opportunities for people. The longer I stayed the more responsibilities I had and different jobs that became available to me. Good place to work if you are into agriculture and when I worked there they had wonderful staff.
Pros
Celebrate employees birthdays with all the staff
ok
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hensall, ON8 March 2017
you wont like working there if you dont like dirt, dust, beans, corn, wheat, loud noises, lots of stairs, heights in general, trucks and truckers, tractors or farmers
Pros
some people are ok
Cons
all of the below
Stay away!
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hensall, ON1 May 2016
This company likes to come across like they are a good company to work for. They give you lots of "perks" to appear like they are. But really if you work anywhere but the corporate office as a woman you will experience sexism and inappropriate comments and behaviour. To boot the HR manager is abrasive and useless so you really have no one to turn to. There is total lack of any formal training and then if you don't get the job due to this they like to hang on to you till right before your probation ends just to really drive it home. The pay sucks compared to other companies for similar jobs. Women should not leave the office here! Stay away!
Cons
Discrimination, harassing toxic environment, extremely cliquey work force
short term
Yard operator (Current Employee) –  Hensall, ON24 October 2015
Loved everything about the job and people. never worked on a farm and I probably do it again. short lived and well worked.
Loved it there
Yard operator (Current Employee) –  Hensall, ON5 November 2014
Lots of work so I was always busy which was great!

The orientation was long and hard to stay awake but the information was really beneficial
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
nothing
Long hours make up for the short wages
general labour (Current Employee) –  Hensall, ON9 June 2014
you make okay money but only by working long hours, not by having a great hourly rate. advancement possible for good workers due to high turn over. You need to put in the hours for advancement though. count on 60 a week.
Pros
lunch paid, available overtime, advancement opportunities
Cons
long hours, small wage increases