Henry Schein
Happiness score is 60 out of 100

Henry Schein Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Calgary, AB7 reviews

companygreatworkgoodworkingtimepayhour

I Work in a safe and professional environment

Henry Schein is a well establish dental supply company with an overall great working environment and staff . Management treats its staff in a professional manner. The company is well balanced with guidance and safety as well being flexible family commitments .

Fast pace, micromanaged and negative management

stressful, negative and very fast paced. The DC is clean and safe but management micromanaging and changing job tasks one hour to the next. No daily structure or consistent work loads and positions.

Insights into Henry Schein

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Fast paced environment

Henry Schein is a timed per hour environment,required to receive,pick,pack & put away dental products per hour.Fast paced environment,willing to work overtime,weekends.Lots of lifting,up to 50 lbs,helping in other departments.

Great co-workers and wonderful benefits.

The hardest part of this workplace job is trying to understand exactly what the management staff saying two different things.We were not allowed to ask how a co-worker was feeling after they were ill, only allowed to say Good Morning or see you tomorrow. Every two months we had a pot luck lunch and were able to try new foods from other nationalities which was very enjoyable.

Pros

Pot luck lunch

Loved this job

Great and fun company to work for :) lots of team building projects and great times at work & was a very positive place to work and safety was always first

Pros

Very happy Co-workers

Outstanding

I learned to build strong leadership skills and learned all aspects of the operations in a short period of time. I learned to pick and pack, service forklifts, cycle counts, done putaways, and sweeps. Upon hiring me, in a short period of time, we achieved same day receiving, same day delivery, and same day putaways at 100.00% accuracy. Chairman Stan Bergman flew to Calgary to do a presentation about the corporation.

Pros

Fun place to work at

Cons

Management politics

Excellent Corporation to Work For

I mainly operated forklifts to perform picking and packing, replenishments, cycle counts, and sweeps with the RF gun. Fun and exciting atmosphere. Co-workers are great - they hired good character people who cares about their job. I learned practically all operational procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job is putting my mind into my job duties to achieve 100% accuracy! The only problem is management: Manager doesn't effectively supervise the Supervisor, who is incompetent, fails to help out operation when needed, and doesn't understand the operation.

Pros

Fun people to interact with

Cons

Beware of Supervisor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henry Schein. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement