Henry's

Henry's Employee Reviews

Canada38 reviews
I love the company's image, story, and philosophy, but the management is where I think is the company's biggest down fall.

There seems to be room for growth, yet they are quick to fire
I had worked at Henry’s for 5 years and they were closing one other location (not where I work) and the people from that location that was closing ended up coming to my store and taking most of the positions. I was very disappointed in how I was treated, being top sales every year since I started working.
I like working there but they don't have accommodating hours and don't pay enough for what they expect out of employees. The good about it is being around like minded people and learning about all the camera gear and interacting with customers to build clientele.
Retail environment, 5 days a week including weekend. You can have an on-hand experience to know about cameras. Management is different from store to store, this job is given you to experience how to handle on the retail floor. If you are new, this is good for you to join.
Been a top performing sales person in my time here but I feel there is no room for advancement and that is getting on my nerves as I have expressed to my manager and my regional manager that I would like to advance with the company.

A lot of your experience here will be dependant on what manager you get, as of writing this review Burlington has the best dude ever, while my location is at an all time low.

Minimum wage is ridiculous for the amount of specialized knowledge we are expected to know, and the "commission" is a joke. Only reason I stay is because I enjoy cameras and think the company as a whole is pretty good and honest.

If you enjoy cameras and would like to play around and "rent" equipment then this place is great, but if you want an environment that you can thrive in, then skip this place.
Pros
Rentals, Playing with new gear, Easy to work with staff
Cons
Long hours, Minimum wage, Bad managment (sometimes), No room to grow, Horrible commission, No incentive to stay
I worked there for a school placement not a job or permanent job i did somethings like inventory and battery checks and also passports IDs it was fun to do placement at henry's
Working as a CSA at Henrys was an interesting experience. I definitely learned a lot while working there. I learned things I never knew about cameras, camera equipment, customers, repairs, photofinishing and much more. It was definitely a very fast paced environment and most days the store was very busy with lineups going outside the store. Some days were very stressful with dealing with irritating customers (which happens with most customer service jobs) other days were pretty chill. The management was terrible specifically my manager at the time, he was often very angry. The hardest part would have to be dealing with snobby customers but overall the experience was alright.
Friendly people, engaging atmosphere, lots and lots of cameras. Biggest challenges for me was learning the technical differences between most of our products - unless you're a wiz that walks around with numbers in your head. The environment is pretty laid back and there's quite a lot of down time during the summer. What's cool about our location is that we offer free camera classes for customers, which range from basic camera settings to studio lighting tutorials. Of course in retail you're always chasing a budget that is purely based on luck... some days you make your budget and descent GP. Other days it's a little harder.

The manager there is the nicest guy I've ever met, and the staff is pretty laid back although a tad impersonal. Overall I'd say the quality of this place blows some of my previous jobs straight out of the water.
As a company they're awesome, great staff, awesome inventory, and you meet lots of like minded people on the job. Management is dishonest, and only sees a bottom line. Employees are just a number, and you better sell or else.
A typical day at work would be jam packed with things to get done, while helping the company achieve the goals it had set out for the day. From my experience with working at henrys I learned how to become a more fast paced worker. The hardest part of the job would be that since the warehouse was really big it would be hard to find products. The most enjoyable part of the job was when all of the work got done and we reached the goals that the company had set out.
Great place to work for camera enthusiast. Overall good job, but compensation is not the best. work culture is pretty good. Store managers are great to work with but upper management make some questionable choices. But overall it is still a good job.
Terrible - company is only watching their own bottom line, dfoes not care about employees, pushed and pushed to sell extended warranties, plays favorites,
It's always the best when you work with great people. My experience in Henry's has been always best since I worked. My colleague and manager is always friendly and I feel always welcome to come to work.
Great and supportive co-workers who want the job done the right way. Team work and individual work is greatly balanced. Not the busiest store in terms of customers, but many other tasks can keep a worker busy.
Culture, where I worked, was difficult to judge as our department was moved to another office, therefore separating us from day-to-day and other staff. I enjoyed other departments and the staff discount on cameras (my hobby) but otherwise would stay away. Not sure if same management team as when I was there... other staff were great to work with/for.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
IT Management not good
The most enjoyable part of the job: A busy but moderately-paced environment that allowed some flexibility in prioritising tasks.

Learned how individually assigned daily tasks supported the needs of administration.
-Fast pace job.
-Always something to do and new things to learn.

-Training is long but necessary

-Management is always accommodating when it come to hours
Pros
We are able to test out all the new demos
Cons
Store hours are longer then they need to be
I absolutely adored every bit of this experience, working for Henry's Cameras. The company itself is quite fantastic. Offers wonderful pay incentives to their employees while offering a flexible work schedule. I am a photographer/photojournalist graduate, and I strongly recommend working for this company, as I believe it instills a type of culture that you can not get simply from working at a Newspaper or Magazine. Great place, 10 stars for the avid photographer or writer. A great commonplace to meet and mingle with like photographers, and share stories like never imaginable to the regular 9-5 job timeframe.
great job, worked in many areas of company. easy to move up in management if you work hard. great day to day work and customers.
management was good on all levels
great company to work for. always had great management team.
had great culture at work and great customers. one of best retail jobs out there at the time
I love henrys, Its a very fun place to work and management is fantastic. The environment and people make working always fun.

I would highly recommend working at henrys
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henry's. Our community is ready to answer.