Henkel
Coronavirus update
Information from Henkel:

Henkel Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
Productive and fun workplace to learn new industry innovations
- Competitive and productive environment.
- Great management

- Latest innovations to meet industry requirements and standards

- Industry leader providing complete solution to the customer base
Don't do it!!
Management is a gong show! Not friendly, hits on employees, power trip. Bullying staff with no clear direction. Horrible experience!!! Find somewhere else to work.
Fast paced environment
On-going meetings increasing work load. Overall rate as average with work life balance and flexibility. Exposure to different divisions and new challenges.
Great team members and management.
Required a strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to partner across departments to meet the company's needs. I learned a lot and was able to grow my skills and prepare to advance my career.
Worked with dedicated and enthusiastic professional. Management consistently gives outstanding feedback on jobs done. Henkel offers workshops and courses. Proven expertise in establishing rapport and building trust with peers and vendor is encouraged. A variety of backgrounds, including first generation college students works here..
Customer service contract
Over worked, under staffed. Lack of support from managers, favortizim. Making rash decisions without, thinking long term precautions. No room for advancement, culture wise not a good place at all.
Pros
Free coffee and a nice office
Cons
All of the above
Good company to work for
Gained a lot of experience in customer service, communicating with internal and external customers to resolve problems, organized fun events, etc.

Very professional and fair management. Enjoyed working there. Great benefits, fair bonuses, free lunches during meetings, sports events, etc.

Customer Service department was fast paced, stressful at times, but manageable. Customers appreciated how I handled things. Employees were well appreciated by the management.

If there is an opportunity, I will definitely go back and work there again!
Pros
Flexibility with personal time off for emergencies, doctor's appts, etc.
Cons
None I can think of
Excellente compagnie.
Au fil des années, j'ai toujours reçu le support requis pour mon avancement de carrière chez Henkel.
Pros
Place à la créativité.
Cons
aucun.
Worked on contract for one year-reporting to Credit Manager who sat in US
Was contracted for I year to help resolve old past due debts and relieve Credit analyst on vacation.

Reporting to a Manager who sat in US - work was delegated so a typical day was predetermined.

A well set organisation with advanced and modern processes and procedures. Learnt collection system called Get paid and SAP.
Great People to work with. Disconnect between US management and Canadian business culture
Fantastic sales team. Lots of team building events..too many maybe?
Caring supportive Canadian staff.

Biggest issue is the disconnect between Canadian and US Management business ideals.
Pros
Autonomous roles
Cons
PowerPoint loving management
Large stable German company - Good place to start your career and learn
Used to be a work hard, play hard kind of place. Management and culture has changed over the last years. Focus is now mostly internal and overwhelmingly driven by "wall street" forces.
Pros
Good people, great products, very diverse portfolio
Cons
Focus is now mostly internal and overwhelmingly driven by "wall street" forces.
Was a great company 15 years ago.
Poorly managed and hidden agendas. Compensation was great and good benefits. You are expected be accessible after hours, weekends and vacations. Company has a track record of letting you go before you can retire and receive Un reduced pension. No advancement opportunities.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
No work life balance no advancement opportunities
Great work colleagues
The overall philosophy of the company was well grounded and environmentally responsible. I enjoyed the support and assistance of many of my colleagues during my time with them. The best aspect of my job was the relationships I built with my customers and the opportunities they provided in work on some exceptional and innovative projects.
Pros
Home Office
Great company to work for. I was employed by Henkel, in various roles for 26 years
Have worked at Henkel for 26 yeas. This week my position was eliminated.
Great company to work for. Extremely fast paced work environment. Which I enjoy.

The majority of my career was in operational management, however I also had sales responsibility several years.I really enjoyed the sales role as it help me develop into an effective Manager who could accept several different points of view, when dealing with an issue.

Most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with people.

Hardest part was in 2008, when Henkel underwent an extensive re-organization. During this time I was responsible for terminating several staff members that I had worked with for a long time
Pros
Allowed to work independently
Cons
Nothing significant. Canadian operation was not current with certain corporate initiatives
Enjoyed demonstrating products and leading Proactive Maintenance Sessions on a regular basis. Was exposed to very technical product lines and steered sales through distribution channels.
Great talented people
Canadian division has a great group of people to work with. Flexible work policy allows for you to manage your work day/week and the ability to work from home one day per week.
Pros
Creative industry
Cons
Little control over product development
Good place to work had lots of laughs between getting our jobs done
Lots of difference things to do each day of the week.....and the co-workers were great it was a small office was like working with your family
hardest part of the job was getting the product out to the customer as most of the products were produced at the plant
Pros
taken out to lunch by suppliers, taken lots of training courses that help me out in other jobs down the line
Basic operational Knowledge.
Opetations and Management
Very diverse work.

Learnt from Floor, Production, manaufacturing.

Chemical plant, Safety , Occupational Health and Safety.

Completion of work.
Pros
Best Learing curve, ever.
Cons
Chemical plant safety issues.
On-site rep fully committed to fulfill customer expectations
Daily Duties
-Provide technical assistance in Material Engineering, Corrosion

Control, assembling process employing adhesive bonding and polymers technologies.

-Identify and formulate Cost Saving and Improvement proposals involving Adhesives, sealants and coatings; performing their technical, financial, manufacturability, and environmental assessment for approval and process implementation. Including among them:

a- Alternative products and Technologies

b- Packaging Change

c- Consolidation and Reduction of Products

d- Process Improvement and cycle time reduction

e- Chain Supply Simplification

g- Quality enhancement

h- Others

-Perform production troubleshooting finding root cause on production problems involving chemical products and recommend cost-effective solutions

- Perform periodical process audit to monitor proper use of chemicals and work instructions observance.

- To submit testing plan for mechanical and/or chemical performance and durability of adhesive, sealants, and coatings; coordinate with MCI engineering and Tier II suppliers testing implementation.

-To investigate failure claims of supplied products and identify root cause and liability for warranty management purposes.

-Manage TDS & MSDS database of Chemical Products approved in MCI Manufacturing process.

- Train and supervise compliance on Safety and proper use of Chemical Products.

- To coordinate with Tier II suppliers, fulfillment of MCI Customer needs for compliance of ISO 9000 Quality Assurance Procedures related with chemical products, including among others Expire Date Label Management, Product Traceability,
 - more...
Pros
focus on results, innovation, a wide range of products and technologies, global capabilities
Cons
projects coordination in global scale, requiring constant updating in software and communication technologies