Hendrix Genetics

Hendrix Genetics Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
A typical day is started off with a shower before entering the Hatchery, then we process and vaccinate the chicks delivered, check the temperature of the chick's environment and perform any other cleaning duties that have to get done. In my years of working here, I have learned to be more independent and have learned even more about how to deal with conflicts when management fails to do so. As for the job itself, it is not very difficult but the pace of at which we are required to work is what adds the stress. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely being able to apply my background veterinary knowledge and lab work (vaccinating the chicks, etc.) to the job.
like it, friendly people working with. different things to learn every day. A new experience, the time slot is good for the shifts. Easily manage to arrange everything.
do not waste your time! there is nothing good about working here.
extremely stressful,not good money,unorganized, dirty.

management and head office have no clue whats going on. bring up issues to HR get called a liar. harassment, no help when needed...the list goes on.
Pros
job security because no one wants to work here
Cons
everything
It was neatest to learn about their own pedigree...their own work ethic good..transport for the baby birds looks safe and very nice. This facility very clean.
They have electronic time card that did not work all the time. They did not follow up to make sure you got paid when it was down. Then tried to blame you for not clocking in. Acted like it was an inconvenience when you reported it. Told me I should be keeping track of my own time, and it was just a couple of hours. The lack of concern was unbelievable. Watch them when it comes to paying you for time worked. Management and HR was uncaring at best.
Benefits
Cons
Not an employee friendly atmosphere.
Egg collections, feeding turkeys, putting down dry bedding. Work environment can be loud and a bit dusty. Company as a whole has good values, some recent changes to management have been good... other's not so good.
Pros
Free monthly lunches, opportunity to work at various locations, experienced manager, good pay based on seniority
Cons
Physical Work
Management cares more about productivity and money than they care about the well-being of their employees.
i.e// One barn (about 200 meters long) cares 750 nests for about 750 30-50 pound turkeys, and you must push them out manually. The nests are not suitable for the average person to work with and requires some manipulation and control of body mechanics - which is exhausting. You must perform this on the hour for 8 hours. Possible repercussions of the labour is a sore lower back from bending over, scratches on the forearms or arm, respiratory discomfort, and muscle fatigue. Management does not care how tired you are, you will be expected to never sit down in the barn and to always be doing something despite how exhausted you might be or how hot the barn is (not everyone knows what to do because no one formally trains you).

Received no formal training and when something went wrong I was blamed for not knowing it/not asking how it worked. Some processes in the barn are automatic (fans, feeding, water distribution), and in one barn there is an automatic egg collector (removing the strain on the employee's). However, a supervisor left leaving three employee's (each who had been there for less than three months and had received the most basic of training [that being to collect eggs]) were left to close down a barn - which ended in damages.

The pay is not worth the amount of labour one must do on a day to day basis, and the unprofessional-ism of the management team.

All in all, avoid working here and do fast food instead.
Pros
Coffee machine
Cons
you're treated poorly by fellow co-workers. when you voice you disapproval, you're ignored completely. i wouldn't recommend others to seek employment with this company.
Pros
great benifit package
Cons
treated poorly
One of the worst places to work. People are overworked and underpaid. The management is unorganized and uneducated. Would never recommend this company to anyone.
Benefits
Cons
Unrealistic expectations of their staff and what can be done in a 8.5 hour shift.
Pay could be better. Mandatory overtime and weekends. People you work with are good. Monthly free lunches, decent benefits. Lots of drama at some barns.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Mandatory overtime
A typical day in my position is going over day to day expectations and work as required at that particular time with employees. reporting to upper management and trying to solve issues on a regular basis.
hardest part of the job is training new employees regularly because of the work structure.

the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing we are supplying the world
Great people, fairly new managers and good pay for the work. Lots of growth and opportunity for advancement.

Relaxed job with little pressure. All day caring for animals.
Pros
Family company, lunches and team building
Cons
New managers a bit unorganized
I like working for hendrix for the people because you get along with everyone and they are all great but the pay isnt much for doing such a hard and physical job
It was pretty much my first job and probable my favourite job I have have had and a chance to work for. At first it was alittle weird the stuff they ask for being that I have never work with live stock but after awhile I could ask for a better job
A typical day at work can be stressful due to lack of communication between management and employees, lack of employees and lack of hiring new employees and proper training of new employees

My co workers are amazing majority of us are friends outside of the work place .
Pros
lots of over time is available and they are flexible and acknowledge my children's schedules
Cons
lack of communication between management, and employees causing stress and an attitude of nt wanting to go to work for most employees