Hendriks Greenhouses Employee Reviews

Be rewarded for hard work and willingness to learn
Greenhouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Beamsville, ON12 August 2019
I have worked at Hendriks for quite a while, and I appreciate the opportunities that they have given me. I have learned a lot about the business as a whole over the years and hope to keep growing my career here. I like the people I work with a lot and really appreciate the new air conditioned lunch room!
The perfect seasonal position
line worker (Former Employee) –  production12 August 2019
I worked at Hendriks for 5 weeks in the spring to help them with the busy Easter and Mother's day time. It was very busy and it felt like a very fast and enjoyable time. I meT A lot of new people and made some new friends. I like that they play all different music throughout the day. I had the same line leader for almost the whole time which was nice because they knew what i was good at and would put me where i was comfortable each day. The hardest part of the job was learning to plant on an assembly line but after a week I was really good at it and i liked to do it :) I hope I can go back to Hendriks next spring.
Unsafe
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Beamsville, ON8 July 2019
Horrible work environment. It's hot, it's dangerous, there is no attention safety with management on the cellphones flying around in forklifts, going out for drinks and coming back and driving said forklifts, raccoon and rat poo all over the work areas, the owner brings in his dog even though it's bitten several employees, no general safety protocol in the warehouse with people expected to work underneath a shelf as a forklift is moving stuff around on the same shelf.

Amazed this place hasn't been shut down yet.
Past employee administration
Administrations. (Former Employee) –  Beamsville.8 April 2019
HR and Management do not not care about employees.
Turn over is high, pay is not great. The staff work hard to do their jobs, there is no appreciation...just expectations. Management are extremely judgemental. Push for what they want with little gratitude when you go above and beyond.
Sadly was not a nice place to work.
Pros
Flowers and plants are beautiful
Cons
Management, HR and lack of appreciation for what their staff does. Pay...not great.
Strongly Advise Against Working Here!
Production (Former Employee) –  Beamsville, ON26 March 2019
Hendrik's has been the most disappointing and unfulfilling place to work. The hours are not steady whatsoever (as a full-time worker I was often sent home after only 4 hrs or I would come into work only to see that I had not been scheduled in that day). Management does not treat you like an intellectual being. You are to follow instructions and that's all. You will start with inadequate training and are expected to know everything right off the get-go. They are disorganized as a company and you will dread going into work, and leave feeling sore and tired with very little income to show for it all. It's a shame because it has potential to be a good place to work - but it will prove to be a disappointment and a waste of your time. If you want to feel worthless and put strain on your body for little-to-no money at all, then Hendriks is the place for you!
Pros
Smells Fresh & You Can Learn About Plants
Cons
Very Low Pay, Drains Your Body, Terrible Management, Toxic Environment
Fun work place, not so great upper management
Greenhouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Beamsville, ON29 December 2018
Coworkers are friendly and easy to get along with, but the upper management is very self-centred and expect too much for people who are getting paid minimum wage.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Upper Management
Great place
Driver DZ (Current Employee) –  Beamsville, ON21 February 2018
Great place to work at. the dispatchers and crew were great. I thought everyone was genuine and cared about you and your concerns. It was sad that this was a 5 week contract otherwise I would have stayed.
It was an OK job
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Beamsville, ON9 February 2018
Lots of work minimum wage it's a huge facility and it was almost a year before I seen the hole place .good people . But they come and go all the time so your constantly meeting new people .All and all id say it was an OK work place
Pros
Good place to learn new skills
Cons
louse your weekends around holidays
hard physical labour, low pay.
Greenhouse Labouror (Former Employee) –  Beamsville ont. Canada8 December 2013
hard physical work in greenhouse. Low pay for the amount of labour one must endure . No advancements , they post inside promotions only to hire outside. Management has no professional training and therefore treat staff like slaves. I saw first hand a manager tell a greenhouse staff to lay down on the dirty floor on his stomach with his chin up to see if a paint line was straight. I have worked with racoon droppings , over my head and when I reported it I was in trouble for doing so. No overtime. No benefits. And you work with real cockroaches, not just the odd one or two, but infested. They don't care and it shows.
Fun place to work
General Labourer, Grower (Former Employee) –  Beamsville, ON8 April 2013
A typical day at work consisted of long hours, hot, sticky and dirty environment but a very fun day with all co-workers. I learned what it is like to work the long hours (sometimes 10+ hours a day), complete the same tasks daily, stand for a long period of time, work in deffierent but sometimes severe climates and compelete tasks in a timely manor. Both the management and my co-workers always had fun, made a pretty enjoyable place to work when we had time for fun but we also took our jobs very seriously. The hardest part of the job was sometimes working over 55 hours a week. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was learning new things everyday and having fun with it.
Pros
most of the time, steady hours
Cons
climate changes daily

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hendriks Greenhouses. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7