Hendriks Greenhouses

Hendriks Greenhouses Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews

workplacejobpeoplegreattimeemployeeday

Great people

Lots of great people. It's a good atmosphere. It's been better than other greenhouses that i worked at.Can be stressful with lots of hours when it gets busy.

Participation Paychecks

No communication with ManagementReleased from potential employment due to poor attendance, make sure your personal life and doctors visits during a pandemic don't effect your attendance to their workplace.Under appreciated and overworked.If you see anyone in a good mood there, they are part of the main staff and have job security/ benefits.Supervisor was unprofessional and disorganized.

Pros

$17 hourly

Cons

Too many to list

Insights into Hendriks Greenhouses

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Rewarding Place to Work

Good, fun family business that is growing. Everyday is slightly different from the rest. Good range of products. Some days are long but you are rewarded for putting in extra effort.

Pros

flexibility and rewarding

Stay Away

Stay far away. The pay is not even close to what you should be paid. Only way for advancement is to be close with managers or the family. Long hours. Not worth your time to even apply

Good Place to work

As a current employee, I enjoy working at Hendriks. The employees are fun to work with and we have a great team atmosphere. The company is growing and offers plenty of opportunities if you want it. The management is fair and understanding and will often come down to help out on the floor when needed. The hours are steady and I feel like my job is secure. I would totally recommend Hendriks if you are looking for a job!!!

Pros

Stability, team atmosphere

Too hot

supervisor was too demanding For 14 dollars an hr the workload was too much. Conditions were extreme FAST PACED ENVIRONMENT Employees were great to work with

Pros

Cons

Extreme weather and high demand to go faster

Wonderful environment and the staffing were supreme

Introduction to the study of horticulture. Enjoyed the experience of a production line and team building setting. The people made this job not like any other. The please of meeting individuals from different parts of the globe. Look forward to being part of this group once again. Thank you! I am forever grateful. Laurie Mancini

Poor management

The lead hands and management do not know how to respect people! Very poor communication skills. Never show how they want things done. They are rude and ignorant to people! No RESPECT!!!! It’s just awful at that place!

Fun workplace

Great place to work, other employees are niceand work is super easy. I worked in the dish garden area ad that was fun working. you feel accomplished when you complete an order

I would still he working there if it were not for exigent circumstances.

Greenhouse labour is not for everyone. It's not just looking at pretty plants and doing a bit of weeding. It's long hours of standing at times, uncomfortably hot in warmer weather, repetitive work and strenuous movements. But the morale is fantastic, people are great, never a dull moment and no 2 days are the same. I truly enjoyed working there.

Be rewarded for hard work and willingness to learn

I have worked at Hendriks for quite a while, and I appreciate the opportunities that they have given me. I have learned a lot about the business as a whole over the years and hope to keep growing my career here. I like the people I work with a lot and really appreciate the new air conditioned lunch room!

The perfect seasonal position

I worked at Hendriks for 5 weeks in the spring to help them with the busy Easter and Mother's day time. It was very busy and it felt like a very fast and enjoyable time. I meT A lot of new people and made some new friends. I like that they play all different music throughout the day. I had the same line leader for almost the whole time which was nice because they knew what i was good at and would put me where i was comfortable each day. The hardest part of the job was learning to plant on an assembly line but after a week I was really good at it and i liked to do it :) I hope I can go back to Hendriks next spring.

Unsafe

Horrible work environment. It's hot, it's dangerous, there is no attention safety with management on the cellphones flying around in forklifts, going out for drinks and coming back and driving said forklifts, raccoon and rat poo all over the work areas, the owner brings in his dog even though it's bitten several employees, no general safety protocol in the warehouse with people expected to work underneath a shelf as a forklift is moving stuff around on the same shelf. Amazed this place hasn't been shut down yet.

Past employee administration

HR and Management do not not care about employees. Turn over is high, pay is not great. The staff work hard to do their jobs, there is no appreciation...just expectations. Management are extremely judgemental. Push for what they want with little gratitude when you go above and beyond. Sadly was not a nice place to work.

Pros

Flowers and plants are beautiful

Cons

Management, HR and lack of appreciation for what their staff does. Pay...not great.

Strongly Advise Against Working Here!

Hendrik's has been the most disappointing and unfulfilling place to work. The hours are not steady whatsoever (as a full-time worker I was often sent home after only 4 hrs or I would come into work only to see that I had not been scheduled in that day). Management does not treat you like an intellectual being. You are to follow instructions and that's all. You will start with inadequate training and are expected to know everything right off the get-go. They are disorganized as a company and you will dread going into work, and leave feeling sore and tired with very little income to show for it all. It's a shame because it has potential to be a good place to work - but it will prove to be a disappointment and a waste of your time. If you want to feel worthless and put strain on your body for little-to-no money at all, then Hendriks is the place for you!

Pros

Smells Fresh & You Can Learn About Plants

Cons

Very Low Pay, Drains Your Body, Terrible Management, Toxic Environment

Okay for seasonal or temporary work

The human resources staff were great. The job was straight forward. Worked on a production line, assembling flower or plant arrangements. Seasonal work, around special occasions. Co workers were from various countries. Kept to themselves.

Pros

Dayshift, evenings and weekends off.

Cons

Standing in one place on concrete floor for whole shift

Fun work place, not so great upper management

Coworkers are friendly and easy to get along with, but the upper management is very self-centred and expect too much for people who are getting paid minimum wage.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Upper Management

Great place

Great place to work at. the dispatchers and crew were great. I thought everyone was genuine and cared about you and your concerns. It was sad that this was a 5 week contract otherwise I would have stayed.

hard physical labour, low pay.

hard physical work in greenhouse. Low pay for the amount of labour one must endure . No advancements , they post inside promotions only to hire outside. Management has no professional training and therefore treat staff like slaves. I saw first hand a manager tell a greenhouse staff to lay down on the dirty floor on his stomach with his chin up to see if a paint line was straight. I have worked with racoon droppings , over my head and when I reported it I was in trouble for doing so. No overtime. No benefits. And you work with real cockroaches, not just the odd one or two, but infested. They don't care and it shows.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hendriks Greenhouses. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement