HELLENIC HOME FOR THE AGED

HELLENIC HOME FOR THE AGED Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
low benefits, low salary rate, poor management treatment towards employee,, they have proper training about the ethics and equipment and poc the only problem is low rate of benefits and salary.
It's a 3-floor building that consists of 130 residents. Hellenic is a nursing home mostly for greek people. It also has a church at the back of the building.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Sometimes residents get sick
Greek retirement home. Most residents speak Greek only. Very caring Nursing staff and management. Lots of daily activities. Would recommend this retirement home.
This job is great but sometimes it can be stressful and tiring to the fact that bringing the residents up and down to bring the residents outside then bring them back inside. Tiring to the fact that pushing the wheelchair it can be stressful to the body.
Pros
Excellent job
Cons
No cons
Good work environment where I can utilize my skills and give my maximum to the residents.
Moreover, I find excellent work culture.
Most days I get in early so I can get emails done and be ready for the staff team meeting. On a typical day last week, we had some critical health changes from the client to deal with. I got my team together to find out as soon as possible how to provide the best and safe environment to our client to reflect his care plan and personal preferences. I explained how helpful it would be to the client and to the family to provide service quality and how this client will feel independent in his environment and self worth. I bought in pizzas to keep them all happy and to let us steal a bit of space at lunchtime. We'd got it done by three and, and we got everything else back on track by the end of the day.
Every day its a new experience, and I look forward to learn something form my co-workers.

My staff as well my clients and family members are very important to my daily management process as we work together to provide safety, quality, engagement and support.

With my co-workers we work closely together we set goals and expectations according to regulations and policies.

The hardest part? I try to make every day special with my staff and listen of what people have to say.

The most enjoyable part is when we accomplish our goals in providing services to our frail clientele . This is the biggest reword.
After six years of hard work and valuable experience I am not ready to expand my knowledge and learn new things
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
hours
• Administered medications, basic wound care, gastrostomy tube care and catheterization
• Completed required assessment and documentation practices according to CNO

• Assisted in evaluating residents’ needs and making individualized care plans
Ask a question about working or interviewing at HELLENIC HOME FOR THE AGED. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4