Hellamaid

Hellamaid Employee Reviews

Canada35 reviews

Great company to work at and understands/respects the work we do

After being hired for about four months , I can confidently say that be Hellamaid team understands the hard work and passion us cleaners do. Both founders give me clear and fair directions in what to do and how to do it. At the same time I'm happy I can bring my professional experience into reality. Good place to make good money for sure !!!!

Pros

Bonuses, work when I want, good pay, hourly pay

Cons

Long hours and some house are really big for just 2 people

Insights into Hellamaid

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things

I love this job!

I have had a good experience working for Hellamaid overall! Your day is always different. I like seeing the reviews to know when i am doing a good job. Management is very accommodating and the company offers incentives. Great place to work!

Pros

Challenging

Flexible opportunity to make good money

Working at Hellamaid has been such a great experience for me, I'm able to help my family more and also build my own flexible schedule. The team is great and the head office really cares about their cleaners. This company is different, they're really trying to make things better for everyone. They care! <3

Pros

Friendly supervisor, great team

They pay very well and the customers are friendly

Been working with Hellamaid for five months now. It’s a great opportunity to earn extra income if you like cleaning. Flexibility is important for me since I have 3 kids, and the Hellamaid office is really understanding. I work three days a week and they always pay on time. Pay day is every Friday. I’ve referred some friends to work for Hellamaid since it suits their lifestyle too.

Pros

Friendly office, great pay, flexible hours

Cons

Some places are pretty messy, but you get the help

Hellamaid really cares about its people. Love working here

I joined Hellamaid last December as I was looking for additional income for my family. I was looking for something that was flexible, and also paid decent. I gave Hellamaid a shot because I heard alot of great things about them, and they have amazing reviews online.The interview process was very natural. The recruiter was nice and asked some general questions about I was looking for. She also talked about what the job includes. You would need a car, a phone with data, and cleaning supplies.They schedule you jobs based on your availability, and they also vet their clients (so we don't have to deal with any rude ones). Communication is super clear everyday, we use an app called Homebase to clock in and clock out our hours. Pay is weekly. The other girls I work are also very nice. Occasionally their are team members that give you attitude, but i guess you'll find that everywhere you go. Hellamaid takes team culture very seriously, so if someone is creating a toxic work environment, we just let the main office know and they will most likely let that person go. They do a good job at building healthy work environment.Highly recommend working at Hellamaid.

Pros

flexible hours, really good pay, tips and bonusses

Cons

some clients want you to use eco-friendly products only

Feels like doing Uber or SkiptheDishes, but for cleaning, I love it!

Very flexible opportunity that pays you for the work you put in, quite simple. I joined Hellamaid earlier this summer because I was looking to supplement our family's income. Loved their reviews, so I gave them a try. Management really cares about us and invest in us (eg. bonusses, we keep tips, they pay us for travel time, holiday gifts). Happy I found a cleaning company I can stay with for the long term.What I love the most: - friendly team members, great clients, homes are not too dirtyWhat I dislike the most:- some houses are a bit far, some clients want us to use eco-friendly products

Pros

great team culture, friendly clients, respectful managers

Cons

some houses are a bit far

Flexible opportunity to make good money and meet nice people

I joined Hellamaid in Halton region in July 2021, I signed up to clean in Burlington, Milton, and Oakville. It's been 5 months, and I've been really enjoying it so far. Jobs are provided based on my own schedule and availability. Management always puts cleaners first, and always take care of us by listening to our concerns, as well gifting us care packages and good bonuses.Looking forward to what the company has planned for 2022, exciting things to come I heard! :)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great pay, respectful management

Cons

Some clients expect too much

Pay is competitive, hours are very flexible, friendly clients and staff

I've been working with Hellamaid for about two years now. I get assigned about 2-3 cleans every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday (based on my own schedule). We supply our own cleaning products and use our own vehicle to get to the client's home.Hardest part of the job:Cleaning bathrooms, you never know what to expect. Most enjoyable part of the job:Working with great cleaners on the team, and the weekly pay. Management is also very supportive.

Pros

flexible schedule, tips and bonuses, honest management

Cons

sometimes cleans take longer than scheduled

Good at the start, if a client doesn’t pay and you complete a job, they don’t pay

The job is better then most but being expect to be an independent contractor abut be treated like an employee. They don’t take taxes off so you’re really only making $15 an hourIf a job takes extra time an the client later decides not to pay for the extra time even though they pay for a package?? The company won’t pay you for your time!!! They give you zero travel time between cleans, they run on an 8-11,11-2,2-5 booking times and you have to be there for the whole 3 hours, so expect your day to run over an hour every day!

Cons

Long hours, no travel time and short paying

A great opportunity to help other people keep their homes clean. Friendly staff, flexible hours, and above average pay!!

I've been working with Hellamaid in their KW location since 2020. Management does a terrific job to recognize us and show us appreciation for our hard work. Not only do they pay us extremely well, but we also get to keep ALL tips, as well as receive seasonal bonusses.Typical day is spent cleaning homes from the schedule we receive the week before. 2-3 homes a day (all depending on the availability we provide the company). Workplace culture is fast paced and team work based. We're all in this together, a great review from a customer impacts all of us in a positive way. Hardest part of the job is having to re-stock our cleaning supplies, as well as clean our tools between jobs. But this is part of the job, and it's important to ensure quality and safety for everyone.All in all, I rate my time at Hellamaid 10/10. Sure there are some hiccups from time to time, but the company is really good at fixing mistakes as well as always asking for our feedback <3

Pros

amazing pay, flex hours, friendly team

Cons

fast paced, good but you to stay focused

Healthy work environment, positive culture, and amazing pay

I started working at Hellamaid at their Burlington location in November 2021. I didn't have professional cleaning experience, only PSW and child education, but I REALLY love to clean and help people. Since I joined, it's been a great experience mostly because of the flexible schedule and financial rewards. I can't do full time hours because I have two kids, so Hellamaid helps me work around that while giving me time for my family.Pay is every week and tips from clients can get quite generous (just make sure you make them smile each time!). Love working here and I recommend it to anyone else that loves an active environment that allows you to make a great impact helping others (and get paid well for it).Ohhh yes, and the supervisors are very constructive and ACTUALLY LISTEN to your feedback! They understand that the backbone of the business is us.

Management is FRIENDLY, pay is well above average

I LOVE WORKING HERE! I joined Hellamaid about 5 months ago and it's been a great experience. You build your own schedule and the pay is accurate and ON-TIME. Job really balances well with my family commitments and other job. Thank you for this opportunity Abdul and Ahmed! Two great leaders with a wonderful vision for the company <3

Cleaning is therapeutic for me, Hellamaid was the place to be

I've always loved cleaning since I was young, it gives me a sense of purpose and makes me feel that I'm doing something noble. After COVID, I wanted more time at home to spend with the kids as they were learning online. Hellamaid was the perfect opportunity since they provided flexible hours. I get to build my own schedule on their system, which is reeeeally nice. The pay is always on time. Thank for for giving me this opportunity

Pros

Flexible schedule, amazing pay

Cons

When other cleaners don't show up to the job, it makes it stressful

10/10 for Independence and Flexbility

I chose working with hellamaid because I get to control my own hours and where I want to work. I live in Burlington so I set "halton region" as my working cities, so that includes Burlington, Oakville, Milton, and Georgetown. It's been great.I also love working here because the teamwork make cleaning so much more fun. I used to work at other cleaning companies where they would assign one person (me) to clean a mansion (5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms) an ENTIRE DAY. This was so exhausting and lonely for me. At Hellamaid they assign you teams of 3-4 for big homes, so we clean more efficiently and make it in time for our next jobs.

Pros

pay is consistent every Friday

Cons

must clean all tools and supplies between jobs (for safety)

Great place to make good money while meeting new people

I love working at Hellamaid because they allow me to create my own schedule. Customers also provide great tips. Hellamaid will never send you to a rude person's house. They care a lot about us and our personal safety. Happy to be here, and I'm here for the long run! <3

Great online system to build your own schedule

I love working here because of the online system they use. We can change our schedule every week so easy, and can see the schedule for the upcoming days. If there's ever any issue with the timings, we can just let the managers know in advance and they'll adjust it.Team members are also fun and honest people. It's always easier to clean a house with a positive and productive team

Great place to stay active and meet new people

I don't like staying at home, I like staying active and being social, it keeps me HEALTHY! I was able to find the perfect combination of work-life balance with Hellamaid. GOTTA LOVE THE TIPS TOO! <3

25 dollars an hour + tips + monthly bonuses 😍

I used to work for a cleaning company for 10 years and my salary capped at 17 an hour, while I get paid 25 an hour with Hellamaid just after THREE months! Great place to work with lots of energy, team work, and respect from other team members, management, and clients. You do need to pay attention though, because every detail counts. It's important not to be late, since that can let everyone down.My only advice to management is to keep hiring more awesome cleaners! The more people we have assigned to one house, the faster we can get done and the more better the cleaning quality is. If you're reading this, APPLY NOW lol :)

Healthy work environment with lots of flexibility

Hellamaid is great for me cuz it keeps me active. You can build your own schedule and the pay is above average for sure. Clean well enough and the tips are even better. Hellamaid also pays for gas at Esso stations, which is so nice consdiering the current gas prices. No complaints, happy to be part of the team! - JoJo from KW

Pros

build your own schedule, awesome weekly pay

Cons

driving can be long during rush hours, but we get gas money so that's fine :)

Best cleaning company to work for!

I started at hellamaid in Nov 2020 when i got laid off from my office job. I always loved cleaning, but I felt too embarrassed to do it as a "job". But I still gave it a shot, and decided to do it as a temporary gig while I found another desk job.Long story short, it's been 1 year and 8 months and I'm loving it! Decided to stay here. The work environment is very supportive, and you get to create your own hours. Pay is extremely well ($25/hr + tips + gas bonuses). If you're still not sure, I would advise that you apply and try it out for 1 week. Get to learn from other cleaners about their experience. The probation week is paid anyway so u really got nothing to lose.Good luck!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hellamaid. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement