Hellamaid

Hellamaid Employee Reviews

Canada30 reviews

Cleaning makes me happy!

I started working at Hella Maid last year, in Oakville. I started off as part time, balancing my other job, but then I quite my other job and focussed on getting more hours with hellamaid. The flexible opportunity and the great pay just made more sense to me. Works with my dynamic lifestyle.Typical day involves cleaning about 2-3 houses, solo or a in a team. I got my own cleaning supplies and make sure I'm well stocked and tools are clean. Greeting clients, going through a cleaning checklist, checking our app for the upcoming jobs, and meeting new cleaners to work. It's a nice job that offers something new everyday.

Pros

excellent schedule and pay structure, management is very organized

Cons

allergic to dogs, so tell clients in advance

Great place to work with healthy work culture

I love working at hellamaid because they really put cleaners first. We build our weekly schedules every Friday for the upcoming week, and the bookings are very accurate and on time. Pay day is every Friday and never short by a dollar, we use an app to track our hours exactly.Really enjoying it here, cleaning makes me happy anyways. Highly recommend this company

Pros

excellent pay, full time

Insights into Hellamaid

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment

Cleaning for this company is better than cleaning solo

I really enjoy my time cleaning with Hellamaid. As an independent contractor, they respect the fact that we can have our own clients. Although I have my own clientele, I'm starting to work full-time with Hellamaid because it much more comfortable. I get to build my own flexible schedule, and the pay is very close to what I'd be making solo. They do all the marketing and get clients for you, which is a relief then spending my own time and energy getting clients.I work in the Hamilton area and also cover Ancaster. Job sites are usually anywhere between a 10-20 min drive. The gas bonusses also helps to cover these expenses as well. Team is awesome to work with, they hire friendly and hospitality oriented individuals (makes it easy to get along with everyone).

Pros

kind people, cleaning is a stress relief, great pay

Cons

some houses can be dirtier than expected, contact the office and they will solve any issues

Everyday is different, I really enjoy meeting different people

I really enjoy a job that changes everyday, I don't like the routine. Everyday I meet new clients or work with new team members. It's really refreshing.Hellamaid pays us well and also give us 100% of the tips. We also get monthly gas bonuses. Workplace culture is collaborative and management is very understanding. Looking forward to stay here!

Pros

gas money, flexibility, on-time pay

Great workplace and that promotes safety and respect first

Cleaning can be a dirty job, but Hellamaid makes it so much fun to be here. I can take any day off as long as I update my schedule on time. The job really works well with my busy family schedule. Safety and respect for cleaners are two very important things at Hellamaid. If a client is rude, or if a site is not safe, we are advised to leave immediately. Management puts cleaners first no matter what.

Everyday is a new day, productive and caring workplace

Better environment than a desk job. I love how I am much more active now. Hellamaid makes it easy for us to build a flexible work schedule using their app. Team members are cooperative. Whenever there is a dispute, management puts cleaners first. Makes us feel very dignified and respected.

Flexible opportunity to make extra income

I've been working with hellamaid for 8 months, and it's been a wonderful journey.My day is focused on cleanings in the city of Waterloo. You update your availability on the scheduling software, and you get assigned jobs for the times and days that work for you. You need to have good working cleaning tools, and you'll need your own car to get to houses. We also use an app for clocking in and out of jobs. That way we are paid fairly every week for all the exact hours we worked each week.Sometimes we are assigned within teams for big cleanings, so it's important to cooperate and work with one another. If a team member is not putting in good effort, or is displaying negative behaviour, the office is really good at addressing these issues. Positive work culture is very important for the company.Every month we are given a monthly gas bonus based on the number of hours worked and our performance, this incentive helps alot.I really enjoy the flexibility, good pay, and good respect given to me at Hellamaid. Looking forward to keeping this job for sure.

Pros

gas money, flexibility, respect

Productive job that offers lots of benefits

I learned a lot of great skills at this job, like time management. The software for scheduling and the app really made me more tech savvy too. I love cleaning for the wonderful clients we have. Culture of the office staff and team cleaners is very welcoming. Always make sure you clean your tools before and after each job, it can be hard, but it’s just the right thing to do.

Pros

Gas bonuses, great pay

Cons

Can get long sometimes

Fast paced and fun, always a different day and new people to meet

It’s always a different day at Hellamaid, I love the energy this job gives me. One day I’m cleaning an apartment for an Airbnb owner and the other day I’m helping clean a mansion for an elderly couple. Always nice people to work with and clean for. Hellamaid office also respects us highly and pays very well. Would encourage the happy-hearted to apply to work here. Judgment-free workplace ❤️

Pros

Flexibility and great pay

Cons

Some houses have no Timmies nearby lol

Loving the gas money

I appreciate the cleaning team and I appreciate the office team. Never let us down. They put us before clients always. When you work really well Hellamaid gives you up to $200 a month in gas money. Really helps a lot.

Pros

Gas money, productive team members

Cons

Some places need a bit more cleaning than expected

Best cleaning company to work for!

I started at hellamaid in Nov 2020 when i got laid off from my office job. I always loved cleaning, but I felt too embarrassed to do it as a "job". But I still gave it a shot, and decided to do it as a temporary gig while I found another desk job.Long story short, it's been 1 year and 8 months and I'm loving it! Decided to stay here. The work environment is very supportive, and you get to create your own hours. Pay is extremely well ($25/hr + tips + gas bonuses). If you're still not sure, I would advise that you apply and try it out for 1 week. Get to learn from other cleaners about their experience. The probation week is paid anyway so u really got nothing to lose.Good luck!

Healthy work environment with lots of flexibility

Hellamaid is great for me cuz it keeps me active. You can build your own schedule and the pay is above average for sure. Clean well enough and the tips are even better. Hellamaid also pays for gas at Esso stations, which is so nice consdiering the current gas prices. No complaints, happy to be part of the team! - JoJo from KW

Pros

build your own schedule, awesome weekly pay

Cons

driving can be long during rush hours, but we get gas money so that's fine :)

25 dollars an hour + tips + monthly bonuses 😍

I used to work for a cleaning company for 10 years and my salary capped at 17 an hour, while I get paid 25 an hour with Hellamaid just after THREE months! Great place to work with lots of energy, team work, and respect from other team members, management, and clients. You do need to pay attention though, because every detail counts. It's important not to be late, since that can let everyone down.My only advice to management is to keep hiring more awesome cleaners! The more people we have assigned to one house, the faster we can get done and the more better the cleaning quality is. If you're reading this, APPLY NOW lol :)

Great place to stay active and meet new people

I don't like staying at home, I like staying active and being social, it keeps me HEALTHY! I was able to find the perfect combination of work-life balance with Hellamaid. GOTTA LOVE THE TIPS TOO! <3

Great online system to build your own schedule

I love working here because of the online system they use. We can change our schedule every week so easy, and can see the schedule for the upcoming days. If there's ever any issue with the timings, we can just let the managers know in advance and they'll adjust it.Team members are also fun and honest people. It's always easier to clean a house with a positive and productive team

Great place to make good money while meeting new people

I love working at Hellamaid because they allow me to create my own schedule. Customers also provide great tips. Hellamaid will never send you to a rude person's house. They care a lot about us and our personal safety. Happy to be here, and I'm here for the long run! <3

10/10 for Independence and Flexbility

I chose working with hellamaid because I get to control my own hours and where I want to work. I live in Burlington so I set "halton region" as my working cities, so that includes Burlington, Oakville, Milton, and Georgetown. It's been great.I also love working here because the teamwork make cleaning so much more fun. I used to work at other cleaning companies where they would assign one person (me) to clean a mansion (5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms) an ENTIRE DAY. This was so exhausting and lonely for me. At Hellamaid they assign you teams of 3-4 for big homes, so we clean more efficiently and make it in time for our next jobs.

Pros

pay is consistent every Friday

Cons

must clean all tools and supplies between jobs (for safety)

Cleaning is therapeutic for me, Hellamaid was the place to be

I've always loved cleaning since I was young, it gives me a sense of purpose and makes me feel that I'm doing something noble. After COVID, I wanted more time at home to spend with the kids as they were learning online. Hellamaid was the perfect opportunity since they provided flexible hours. I get to build my own schedule on their system, which is reeeeally nice. The pay is always on time. Thank for for giving me this opportunity

Pros

Flexible schedule, amazing pay

Cons

When other cleaners don't show up to the job, it makes it stressful

Management is FRIENDLY, pay is well above average

I LOVE WORKING HERE! I joined Hellamaid about 5 months ago and it's been a great experience. You build your own schedule and the pay is accurate and ON-TIME. Job really balances well with my family commitments and other job. Thank you for this opportunity Abdul and Ahmed! Two great leaders with a wonderful vision for the company <3

Healthy work environment, positive culture, and amazing pay

I started working at Hellamaid at their Burlington location in November 2021. I didn't have professional cleaning experience, only PSW and child education, but I REALLY love to clean and help people. Since I joined, it's been a great experience mostly because of the flexible schedule and financial rewards. I can't do full time hours because I have two kids, so Hellamaid helps me work around that while giving me time for my family.Pay is every week and tips from clients can get quite generous (just make sure you make them smile each time!). Love working here and I recommend it to anyone else that loves an active environment that allows you to make a great impact helping others (and get paid well for it).Ohhh yes, and the supervisors are very constructive and ACTUALLY LISTEN to your feedback! They understand that the backbone of the business is us.

A great opportunity to help other people keep their homes clean. Friendly staff, flexible hours, and above average pay!!

I've been working with Hellamaid in their KW location since 2020. Management does a terrific job to recognize us and show us appreciation for our hard work. Not only do they pay us extremely well, but we also get to keep ALL tips, as well as receive seasonal bonusses.Typical day is spent cleaning homes from the schedule we receive the week before. 2-3 homes a day (all depending on the availability we provide the company). Workplace culture is fast paced and team work based. We're all in this together, a great review from a customer impacts all of us in a positive way. Hardest part of the job is having to re-stock our cleaning supplies, as well as clean our tools between jobs. But this is part of the job, and it's important to ensure quality and safety for everyone.All in all, I rate my time at Hellamaid 10/10. Sure there are some hiccups from time to time, but the company is really good at fixing mistakes as well as always asking for our feedback <3

Pros

amazing pay, flex hours, friendly team

Cons

fast paced, good but you to stay focused

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hellamaid. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement