Heli-One logo
Heli-One

Heli-One Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews

Postive

When i worked at H1 they were going thru a rough patch but over all it was a good place to work. I worked at a satellite base that was very busy and had lots of work to do. Which is good in these tumultuous times in the helicopter industry. It is guaranteed long term work with a group of techs for the most part are very experienced and good to work with and learn from. We worked 8hrs/day and 5 days/week which is nice to have weekends and holidays off. My manager was excellent because he always did try and point me in the right direction and listen to the guys on the floor.

Pros

Free lunch once a month, benefits and good people to work with

Cons

Turnover was an issue sometimes.

Love working at helione Good place to retire Excellent people working at heli-one Good benefits and good wages Very good supervisor Friendly co workers

okay place to work

• Prepared plans for component demand and associated maintenance activities in accordance with aircraft utilization data submitted by customers. • Prepared ongoing forecasts of scheduled and unscheduled component demand in co-operation with the Customer Service team. • Created core unit return delivery schedules to supplier or workshop. • Reviewed and approved repair quotes. Allocated components for delivery and tracking to work orders to avoid delays in repair. • Ensured compliance to contract terms and enforced new product and repair warranties. • Created/approved work authorization documents to internal and external suppliers. • Monitored and expedited overdue deliveries from suppliers and internal workshops stock/order fulfillments. • Maintained target stock levels. • Created a delivery plan for serviceable units from workshops and purchased additional/replacement pool components. • Stakeholder in supplier selection process for tender negotiations. • Identified components with poor reliability/high cost and interface with Supply Chain to develop and implement solutions.

Pros

good pay

Cons

no work life balance

US run mismanaged company

During the time I worked at this company it went from one of the best Helicopter company's to work for, to one of the worst. One of the many things Management did was, taking benefits from the employees, to the point of employees leaving, and the employees that did not, bought in a Union. Not a good place to work would of given 0 stars if I could of.

Pros

Cons

too many to list

Good place

Great place for beginners. It needs more vision and caring from management for the employees. Generally, It is not bad.

Good overall place to work.

A typical day at work would be the repair and overhaul of gas turbine engines or AME work on Sikorsky line in the hangar. I enjoy and get along very well with co-workers, and management. Hardest part of job is agreeing to a union contract at this time. Enjoyable parts of my job are working with others and using my technical knowledge to complete everyday tasks in the workshops. I take pride in my job.

excellent

Great place to work but layed off after one year. Made lots of friends and had lots of training. Benefits were good. Safe and organized work place.

High Staff Turnover

Not certain it is a company that is concerned about prople of customers. Just profit.

Great Place.

After working for Heli-One it became a standard of what I would like to see in my employment. Great people, and company training programs.

Great company to work for

A great environment with a wonderful staff. Heli-one has a gorgeous office near the Boundary Bay Airport and offers many opportunities for advancement within Heli-One and CHC.

Jobs at Heli-One