Hedgehog Technologies Inc.
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Hedgehog Technologies Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
Hedgehog is a great place to work! An amazing work environment with collaborative and innovative work culture, always looking for new opportunities. Friendly people. Management is very supportive and transparent, which creates trust with the employees. Interesting and challenging projects with a variety of industries. The company supports its employees with an annual budget for career development.
A Hedgehog Technologist doesn't sit at a desk doing design in a office everyday but does end to end client service with Installing, Testing, Troubleshooting and Commissioning Electrical Equipment. Daily work ranges based on the project you are working on. Examples would be working directly with the Electrical Engineering Team to design electrical equipment for field installation, Testing Electrical Equipment post factory build and helping Software Engineers commission and troubleshoot Electrical Equipment in the field. As Hedgehog Technologies is a growing company you might have to work outside your comfort zone a few times and do some on the spot thinking so if you are person that enjoys a challenge then this is the company for you.
Pros
Collaborative Team, Team building, Open to Studying and Career Growth
Pros
10 paid sick days.

Benefits standard.

Cons

Poor management. (Exception of the owner)

Terrible documentation processes. (Why stamp a document without a date? Do the engineers even care?)

No chances for growth.

Below market salary.

Doing electricians work as a technologist as they are too cheap to hire a proper one.

If you want to work for a place that rewards buying donuts and fixing dishwashers, this is the place for you. Want to actually grow your career? Don’t work here.
Official response from Hedgehog Technologies Inc.
16 December 2019
We are very sorry to hear this but appreciate your feedback nonetheless. We’re always trying to improve the employee experience at Hedgehog and it’s made possible through your input. Please feel free to connect with HR if you have any more comments that you wish to impart to help us improve. We wish you all the best moving forward!
Hedgehog has a close-knit family vibe with their team which helps create an environment that is easy to grow without feeling like an outsider. It's exciting to be involved with innovative projects around the world too.

Work culture is great, they provide snacks, stocked beer & wine fridge and every month do a catered lunch that represents a team members heritage as everyone is quite diverse. You choose your own hours and you never feel like someone is breathing down your neck.
Pros
Exciting industries, friendly & diverse team, catered lunches and snacks, office visits from a real hedgehog
Enjoy my time there, small company but worked on a variety of projects that helped me learn alot about the industrial setting of engineering. Due to it a consulting company long hours occur frequently.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hedgehog Technologies Inc.?