Heavy Metal Equipment & Rentals

Heavy Metal Equipment & Rentals Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
Featured review
Heavy Metal Equipment & Rentals selected this as a representative review
Excellant place to gain a ton of experience on different equipment
Wonderful people to work with, from management to technicians and everyone in-between. Friendly upbeat staff, positive atmosphere, can be fast paced.
14 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. It is always our goal to provide a workplace where our team members are happy to be. Thank you for your contributions to Heavy Metal!
Safety was not high on priority, they preach safety, but never did what they preached!
I was told when hired, that transportation would be provided, but after I was hired, I was told that I would have to drive to and from work, adding an extra 45 minutes in good weather, each way.

At first it looking like a nice place to work, but I soon saw the ugly truth.

In my job, I had to be responsible for the safe transport of parts to and from mine sites, management was not very happy that I wanted proper 3" straps to secure my loads. ( All safety tags intact, and load limits close to 3000 lbs.)

They gripped, when I asked for safety chains for heavy loads, that were to go on our 25' goose neck trailer.

When I returned after my days off, my truck would always be missing straps, chains, and safety gear. Management would do very little to stop the thefts from my work truck.

My immediate supervisor, told me I should lock up my truck tools every night, because he agreed that some of the employees at the shop, were thieves.
Pros
They had a RRSP plan
Cons
Bad management/owners, poor customer relations.
They act like they care
But the give a frig about you, we're always understaffed. You will always have to do 3/4 different jobs outside you're own job because we don't have the man power and don't even get me going on the mess that they have for equipment to run. They expect you to break you're back for nothing, with that being said the workers are great, and that's about it. Everyday gongshow!!!
14 May 2020
Thank you for your comments and review. It is concerning to us to find that you are dissatisfied in your workplace. Our people are our most valuable asset, and we are genuinely concerned about your health, safety and well-being. From the information given, we can appreciate the strain you are experiencing. We invite you to connect with HR so we are able to gather the necessary information and address your concerns appropriately.

We look forward to the opportunity to provide a workplace and environment you are happy to be part of.
Heavy Muppets
Management needs to be exchanged. The good mechanics that would have made HME a good place to work. Management has managed to push them out. Got fired for no reason. A copy of OH and S was put in a termination letter for just cause. Read to me and I was fired two weeks before xmas. Anyways labor board got involved and I was paid out. So HME managment will lie to get u fired.
14 May 2020
We are sorry to hear you have had a negative experience working with Heavy Metal. Unfortunately there are times that working together does not work out and having to leave when it is not your choice is always difficult; there is never a good time. It is very important to us to ensure that we are treating our team members fairly and within legislated standards, to which we will always comply. We have taken your comments into consideration to better our practices going forward.

Thank you very much for your efforts and services during your tenure with Heavy Metal. We truly wish you the best in your career.
Excellent
Great people to work with..
Great team.

Company has many work sites to choose from.

Very family oriented, and considerate.

Fast growing company, lots of advancement.
14 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We do put much effort into maintaining our family environment, positive work sites and creating opportunities where we can grow and develop together. Thank you for all you do!
Thank you, it’s been a good run so far.
Thank you, it’s been a good run so far. I enjoy learning something new everyday, lots of different situations, and brands of equipment. Also safety is a must here so if ur not safe do not apply.
14 May 2020
Safety is a top priority for our Heavy Metal Team. Thank you for recognizing the importance and participating in our programs. It is great to hear that you are happy with and find value in your work.
They expect you to know every machine.theres not much opportunity for learning.
The Work life balance is way off,theres no union,you can be fired anytime,especially if you and a supervisor or management dont get along well.theres no opportunities for moving up in the company.theres not much training offered,they expect you to know everything about mechanic and all equipment.which is stupid,as they themselves dont know.
Family culture and environment
Love this company. Your not just a number. You may not be best friends with the CEO but he will come shake your hand, ask you what your working on and actually cares about about his employees. The company has its quirks like any other company. May not be for everyone. But I’m proud to be apart of the company. They care. When my newest child was born and I needed to leave my set early to be there when she was born. My supervisor didn’t try to talk me into staying and missing it. Just told me to drive safe enjoy the little one and to let him know if I wanted some extra time off over and above my set of days off. They understand family is important. Family comes first the job comes second. They don’t just tell you that to get you to come aboard. But they’ve proven to me that I don’t have to choose between providing for my family or being there for my family. Would definitely recommend them for an employer
Pros
Family first, job second, great pay and benefits.
Two Thumbs Up!
Heavy Metal Equipment is a company which has seen huge growth over the past 4-5 years. I started here about 2 years ago and have always been impressed by the companies willingness to invest in their staff and promote from within.
Pros
Company housing, transport to site, free taxi rides
Welcoming environment with a family atmosphere
At heavy metal you are challenged every day with new tasks. You never know what you will get to learn. The people that you work with are easy to approach and are always willing to help. Getting to work on the largest equipment in the world is rewarding. Heavy metal is a growing company that supports feedback to create a safe work environment. I find that your success in heavy metal is only limited by the amount that you contribute yourself.
Pros
Housing, living allowance, transport
Cons
The drive from housing to site.
Thankful to be part of such a well built company.
I can honestly say; Heavy Metal Equipment and Rentals is a phenomenal company to be a part of. The atmosphere as a whole is awesome, which comes from being surrounded by great people, as well as a fun and safe work environment. The opportunities here are endless.
Pros
Great company to work for.
Cons
N/a
Best Company to work for!
Hands down the best company I have worked for they treat you like family and care about their employees. They're willing to teach and help you grow your abilities. The money is also nice.
Pros
Company housing, transportation to and from work, 14/14 rotation
Used to be a good place to work.
Great guys all leaving unfortunately due to new management. Culture was good, and employer made it seem like they cared. The reality is the opposite. If you want to be just another number, and feel like you are replaceable at the drop of a hat, look no further.