Heart and Stroke Foundation Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 April 2019
I loved working at the Heart and Stroke Foundation. Very nice staff and super management. Contract position not permanent. I would like to work there again.
Pros
Free coffee and parties
Fun volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 March 2019
Had a great time volunteering and educating people about what a stroke is and how it can occur and interacting with people and them telling me life stories about them and how they knew people how had strokes also get overall experience
Pros
n/a
Cons
N/a
Rewarding
Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON8 February 2019
The volunteers and survivors are the reason you continue your rewarding work. There is a revolving door of volunteers and staff. Revised and accurate job descriptions needed.
Pros
Working with volunteers
Volunteer Role
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - VOLUNTEER ROLE (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 January 2019
A great volunteering experience, the staff was friendly and always had a role for me. Mostly helped with administration requirements. Throughout the experience learned many skills.
Great organization
Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC18 January 2019
Leadership takes the time to connect to all employees and WHY people are there and the work is driven by so much passion. Makes going to work for not-for-profit paycheques a little easier to swallow ;)
Productive and supportive work place
Activate Wellness Program Return Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2019
I learnt several skills working at Heart and Stroke, including interpersonal skills with participants and how to work cohesively as a part of a larger team.
School Internship at Heart and Stroke was awesome
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 October 2018
This was a great place to do an internship. Everyone was very friendly there. I mainly did the administrative assistant position but did a little bit of everything while I was there. My supervisor was very nice and understanding woman. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I was helping to raise money for research for heart and stroke and to help put AED machines in every public arena and school.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 September 2018
This was a great place to work at. The people working there are very kind and approachable. Everyone stays on task when working. Overall this was a great place to work.
Would not recommend
Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 September 2018
There wasn't much opportunity to learn much because the employers were more focused on gaining revenue than they were focused on their workers and Intern students.
Fun
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON17 September 2018
I liked the staff the staff were very nice and they were easy to ask question to. They provided me wih everything I needed and they gave back the hours that I deserved.
it's literally just volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC30 August 2018
it will take you about half an hour to finish your rout. hardly worth it if you don't live in a middle class or higher neighborhood. good on a resume and thats' about it
Pros
resume
Cons
i got a rout in a poor neighborhood. they literally would have lost money had my parents not donated
fun work place, team work,
Campaign Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2018
It was great experience for me as a beginner. I feel more confident while working there. After working as a campaign requiter my communication skills were much better to enhanced level.
Cons
late evening working hours, low salary
clean working place and washrooms friendly co worker's and office staffs, handicap friendly place to work at and a big parking space.
May 2018 Campaign Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2018
People are friendly and the work atmosphere is really fantastic.earned a bit, management is good to personnel, a bit hard going to work when its snowing most enjoyable part is the 15 minute's break with free coffee, tea and sometimes free food.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, flexible hours and free coffee and tea.
Cons
N/a
Fun place to work for a good cause, not so great for career
Part-Time Telerecruiter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 August 2018
Great environment and people to work with. There's also set hours so no surprises in regards to scheduling. The pay isn't spectacular but its understandable. Not a position meant to take you into a career with them, as you are very disposable. Downside is that if you dont recruit enough volunteer in a span of a couple weeks, you get laid off.
Pros
Great cause to work for, Free coffee/tea/hot chocolate, christmas parties, set hours, friendly environment. Looks good on resume.
Cons
Late hours during week, easy to get let go, mean callers/customers, low pay
Great Work by H&S But for employees Unstable
Sr. Advisor Development (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 August 2018
The Heart & Stroke Foundation is going through a National Restructuring at the moment which makes working here very tenuous as you do not know which are or which job will be restructured or eliminated without notice. The work environment is great and the people and culture is great, but if job security is a priority, not so great.
A Company That Can Saves Lives One Heartbeat at a Time.
Administrative Assistant (Volunteer Position) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2018
The Heart and Stroke Foundation is a charity that I believe in and many people support. They get their message out there about heart attacks and strokes in many ways. All of their campaigns are worthy of volunteering for or to place a donation.

A typical day involved working on different projects and opening my eyes to what the volunteers do in order to support the foundation. I learned a lot while being at The Heart and Stroke Foundation and the staff were wonderful to work with.
cool and comfotable
Office Accounts Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 July 2018
though voluntary good work experience,nice and Quiet Place,Enjoy Working,team Players,Develops Confidence,not much Pressure,cooperative,Good Office,commutable.
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Long Hours
I was a volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 July 2018
Volunteering. for 4 months. I worked as an ambassador a lot of fun. I recommend doing it everyone is really nice there and make it better and easy hours
very productive work place
Receptionist (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 May 2018
Very productive work place.
Great people and cause.
Friendly environment to work in and great staff.
Fun volunteer job.
Great management.
I love the energy of the whole foundation.
Pros
Friendly environment
fun place to work
Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2018
great office, great people, worked on some communications for the ride for heart stuff, very nice people over all who work hard and want to change the lives of others.
Pros
nice people
Cons
bad pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heart and Stroke Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3