HearingLife

HearingLife Employee Reviews

Canada26 reviews
Co workers are great, Management was lacking. As is communication. The most enjoyable part is the clientele. And helping people to hear. Hardest part would be the lack of training.
Great to work for with the right clinician in the clinic. Makes or breaks your experience. Managers are excellent.
8:30-4:30

3rd party billing

Government billing and private billing.

Cleaning of hearing aids and troubleshooting.

Hardest part is not know what is wrong with some hearing aids as that type of knowledge is the clinician training, also cranky client take bad mood out of front staff and think we are dumb.
No complaints. I left because of a health issue but my managers were so flexible and understanding for months while my performance deteriorated. I wasn’t let go. I left because I was hospitalized and felt terrible putting the company through my neglect so decided to resign. Very generous when I left.
poor management. no work balance. not valued for hard work. value not on people. quality not valued. pushed to work to meet numbers instead of quality.
HearingLife rewards high performers, it’s as simple as that! Self-motivated, risk-taking and resourceful individuals with the right attitude will thrive, and HearingLife executives will work diligently to help your career grow and carve out new roles to help you succeed. There is no spoon feeding at this organization. A caution to anyone with an inflated sense of entitlement, or who is used to doing the bare minimum to get by, this is not the place for you. I’ve witnessed this amongst colleagues I’ve seen come and go.
Pros
Growth opportunities, great people, modern office and clinics, flexible hours, client satisfaction driven, caring and accessible president
Cons
Very heavy workload, low salary
I was with this company for a couple of months, complete joke! serious lack of training, the location I was at had no specialist so I sat by myself and did nothing! Management was never there, and the duties were crazy. Pay not to bad, staff not overly helpful. All about money and sales......
It is an awesome opportunity to learn new customer service skills with a very supportive management team. They are always willing to answer any questions and provide positive feedback. Also lots of room to grow within the company as well as they promote from within.
Pros
Great Office location, Great people, Supportive managers
Cons
Pay
HearingLife has a very positive culture and really cares about their employees. They reward hard work and provide growth opportunities within the company.
Amazing culture and Team environment
Everyone's opinions are valued

Make it Right attitude across the board

Come to work each day with the sense of purpose
The company has a clear vision. They are client driven. Every person I work with is very supportive and helpful. They offer great advancement opportunities and show staff appreciation regularly.
Pros
Paid Lunch hour, Great benefits
terrible place to work. lack of training and communication. They are $$$ driven and not people driven. management is very unprofessional. They try to pass themselves off as a healthcare organization.
Cons
Very stressful place to work - not enough training - they expect alot from you RIGHT NOW but when you have a concern or complaint, they do not help you out. They are $$$ driven and not people driven.
Pros
Awful work environment. The interview and the training make it seem like a great place to work, but don't be fooled, it's not. The management is terrible and will make you feel like absolute garbage. They try to pass themselves off as a healthcare organization, but they only care about lining their own pockets.
Cons
One day I worked and I was fired for asking questions when the lawyers handwriting was illegible and unclear. If you take a law clerk role, you better know how to read minds or you will get fired after a day
Pros
Cons
Intolerant and not willing to train
No advancement and repetitive tasks, however it is a great company to work for. Pay is not the greatest, therefore one of the reasons I am looking for something better.
hearinglife was truly the best place to work wish i had stayed longer but life happened. enjoyed the people i worked with and clients were very nice. music is always playing in the office and everyone is always joking around with each other. it was a fun friendly drama free environment. management is very helpful and treat you with respect
Pros
free coffee. ttc accesible
Cons
clients being unable to hear can get to you at times but that is part of the job
management is very helpful and so is everyone else who works there. fun place to work always playing music and everyone always has something to joke about but the work still gets done.
Pros
friendly people, free coffee, hour lunch
Cons
clients being unable to hear can get annoying at times
I was in charge of day to day work, direct contact with patients, providing testing, hearing aid prescription, recommendation and consultation, provided supervision , training, mentorship to Audiology students and new grads from Grant MacEwan university.
managed the budget and met the target,

managed support staff.

Provided one on one training for support staff on policies, protocols and 3rd party grids.

Learned alot on business aspect of Audiology practices and marketing techniques.
Pros
Great learning opportunity.
Cons
super busy schedules.
I've been working here for many years and would highly recommend HearingLife. There is a high performance culture, which allows you to work with highly motivated, intelligent and passionate people.
Very nice company to work with. Co workers are very helpful, we work as a team. Co workers are fun to work with. Some clients are so adorable and funny even with hearing problems..
Working at Hearing Life Canada has been very rewarding as I have a large scope of responsibilities including accounts receivable and payable, case sensitive client information, corresponding with audiologists, doctors, third party (WCB,DVA,NIHB, AADL)

I have over 9 years’ experience in administration and office support and now would to further my career in payroll and administration. My competence, accuracy and reliability would make me an asset to a company. I am currently moving back to Calgary to advance my career in administration and payroll
Pros
Busy Work Environment
Cons
No Advancement