Healthy Planet Canada Employee Reviews

Just Another Company That Exploits Consumers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario1 November 2018
There is nothing at all "Healthy" about Healthy Planet. While some products are certainly fine to consume unfortunately, the majority of products are actually highly processed which is completely contrary to true Health and Wellness.

While I understand that their business is growing unfortunately, it's mainly due to those consumers who don't take time to do their homework or have basic common sense on how to look after their health.

Everyone including management and employees should be aware that you are playing with people's lives and ultimately you all will be held accountable.

Advice to all employees... take the time to educate yourselves and to truly understand what you are doing working there.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Too many
Terrible (Cambridge, ON Location)
Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON20 October 2018
The WORST company I have ever worked for. Severely understaffed, employees never got proper breaks, would get called in the middle of my break by my manager to come back immediately to “help”, and managers expect you to know what you’re doing as soon as you get there, even though they don’t even properly train you. They also gave me full time hours when I got hired as part time, as I’m a college student and can’t do 40 hours. When trying to explain this to them, they refused to make changes and acted like nothing happened the next day. Quite a few people quit because of Healthy Planet doing illegal things like not giving proper breaks to people like me who worked 8+ hours. When complaining to the HR of Healthy Planet, they pretended to be concerned, but didn’t even make any changes. Everyone I talked to there absolutely hated the place and complained about the unfair employee treatment. All the managers would do is sit in the back room and talk and not help any of us. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to apply here, at least not the Cambridge, ON location.
Pros
Some co-workers were friendly
Cons
Long hours I didn’t get hired for, terrible management, unfair employee treatment, no lunch breaks/breaks in general, minimal training
Productive workplace
Assistant Manager/Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2017
A typical day at work requires receiving and organizing orders, merchandising products, answering customer inquiries, taking customer requests and assisting customers with products.
Pros
Free products from training.
Cons
Sometimes longer hours are required for little incentive and compensation.
Typical Day at work
Sales and Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2014
A typical day at work included assisting the purchasing manager. My desk was located right next to his. He placed the orders and I reviewed them to make sure the numbers added up and were correct. I often had to deal with our suppliers by phone or email, and often face-to-face. If an order was flawed, I had to correct it. I had a great deal of responsibility placed on me. Overall, it was fun and I learned a lot from my time at Healthy Planet. My co-workers were excellent and professional. The hardest part of the job was sitting in one place the whole time somedays and the most enjoyable was the free gifts. I learned:

Client-Supplier relations