Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan - HOOPP

Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan - HOOPP Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews
Awesome place to work at
Worked there for 9 months as a coop. Great work environment. Enjoyed working with my team. Real work for coops. Can feel a bit intimidating at the start because of the hybrid infrastructure.
Nice place to work
Hoopp give you the opportunity to learn new thing, the environment is very friendly and good people. i will recommend everyone to join the nice place for the future
Excellent company but Senior Management in Plan Operations was weak
Too many former Manulife employees came over and poisoned the excellent employee culture at HOOPP.
Until the Manulife regime is gone, stay far away from HOOPP.
High Turnover In IT
IT Leadership losing sight of reality and turning blind eye to the dysfunction of the department.
Leadership inner circle of people running own agenda doing as they please for self benefit. Those that disagree or dare question are discredited, disparaged, set up to fail and bullied by the inner circle - dealt with, put on the “list” to be let go for exaggerated made up reasons, gossiping, being uncoachable, not performing etc take your pick

Abuse of power, intimidation and bullying has been flying under the radar for so long it has become acceptable. Aggressive behavior, monitoring of colleagues encouraged and rewarded.

Surveys don’t work as many don’t trust the anonymity.

Beware: This toxic fear based work environment will affect mental and physical health.
Great place to work, good pension and benefits, learned how to use Taleo and different software. The company is an agile company, the IT team is great to work for.
Good
I recommend HOOPP. Good place to work at. Many technologies are used on premise and cloud. The location is great, walking distance to Union station. Thanks
Awesome people
Awesome culture and people.
Management is well..... but great technology.

Rather not say much more.

People are very friendly and great benefits too.
Great company with excellent benefits, pay and work/life balance
This is a great company. They definitely support your development. You do have to work hard, though, to succeed. Be prepared to juggle multiple work tasks during the day. Management also cares about its' employees from the CEO down.
good benefit. weird lousy culture.
Management is introducing and cultivating competing aggressive attitude. "agile" goes to "extreme", very "extreme". "agile" is more important than work itself. Mostly every one is pretending to be excited.. Faking applause everywhere. it sucks.
benefits
Cons
culture
Contract Project Manager
Generally a positive experience, but there is a lot of politics in the office which can make it complicated to focus on sustained quality in delivery of services.

The organization treats contractors very well, and the environment is fairly good. However, candidates will need to quickly learn the political landscape very well and establish key relationships to stay for any extended periods of time.
None at this ttime
None at this time, perhaps in the future. Do not have sufficient work experience to provide a review at this point. Will provide a review sometime in the future.
Good pay and benefits but management does not follow their own rules
Be careful if you are going to work here. They have a performance assessment process but they don't always follow it. If you can keep on the right side of the opaque and threatening management culture, this can be a good place to work.
Pros
Pay and benefits, lovely office
Cons
See above, pit of snakes
great employer
enable and empower staff. motivate everyone to achieve their personal best progressive work life balance activities. number one defined benefit plan in the healthcare sector
Good work life balance
Good work life balance
Good co workers

No work from home - hardest part

Interaction with different business units

Workplace culture and management is okay
Great work environment
The company is a great company to work for if you want to invest in a pension. The office is great right in the city and every department works together as a team they are going through a lot of changes right now.
Pros
Benefits, Pension Plan, Work life balance
Cons
N/a
innovation, proactive and teamwork
Busy with daily tasks and inter-department meetings
I learned to manage my time effectively

Supportive Management and social responsibility

Work culture is based on teamwork and professionalism

Managing filling

Dealing with internal and external customers including Board members, Senior Managements, Suppliers etc....
Pros
6 work and life balance days per year
Cons
long hours, fast pace
Productive, respectful and comfortable atmosphere to work in.
A typical day in the HR department would be doing some filing, working on a project using SharePoint, CRM or MS Office Suite and learning new skills and aspects of the company. My co-workers were respectful, productive, kind and had a great sense of humor. I felt comfortable asking them questions on how to work out something I wasn't aware of doing myself. They were open to any more questions I may have which I was grateful for. A challenging part of the job was dealing with loads of paperwork at one time, however, I've overcome it and asked for help when needed. Great company to work at!
Productive, respectful and comfortable atmosphere to work in.
Worst place I've ever worked
Unless you're in the financial area, you will be treated like dirt...dispensable dirt. I worked for a SVP, Director and Manager who were all certifiable.
Fun place to work
Great environment with easy to get along with co-workers. Helpful individuals and management.
Typical day entails grabbing a coffee right after getting off the Go Train. Checking email to see urgent items and responding to them. Then tackling the tasks of the day of week.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan - HOOPP. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3