Health Shared Services Ontario Employee Reviews

Steer clear
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2018
Has the capacity to produce meaningful work but currently lacks the necessary leadership and foresight to drive innovation and results under the shared services model.
Pros
Located in Yorkville - lots of shopping and lunch options
Cons
Cronyism runs rampant. Don't expect to get ahead based on merit and qualifications.
Don't really care about the staff
Intermediate Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2018
They pay lip service to strive for a good work/life balance for staff but don't really care.

Get called into work even when not on call.

Changed OT criteria so they can get out of paying.

Worked for 5 hours after the end of my shift to avoid a massive issue I discovered right before I was about to go home. Since it wasn't preapproved, I didn't qualify for OT pay. They "reimbursed" me by letting me go home an hour the next day.

Someone leaves and it takes forever to fill the position because they resist promoting from within, but outsiders aren't willing to work for so little.
Pros
job security, pension
Cons
Long hours, low pay, no advancement unless someone leaves.
Productive place to work
Director IT Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2018
It's a productive place to work with excellent work life balance. It is a provincial government agency and therefore abide by crown agency rules.

Excellent team work environment.