Health Sciences Centre

Health Sciences Centre Employee Reviews for Unit Clerk

Unit Clerk7 reviews
Canada7 reviews
Expect stress on the job as you work in a trauma hospital setting, good support from staff. Great hospital for long term career goals. Learning was constant but rewarding.
Pros
Government facility with union job protection
Cons
Parking for staff is expensive
the people I work with and the patients I get to meet every day!
and because I have both certificates I have choices in applying for positions.

The Dr's I work with are all amazing to work for!
Cons
cafeteria expensive and no variety
I have always enjoyed working here, but Health care changes are making job security and enjoyment harder these days. I enjoy interacting with patients and their families.
overall good place to work even it's consistently busy...Management is very considerate when it comes to family matters...equal opportunity employer.......
Pros
Good management
Cons
pushing hard when busy time
I love working here! I enjoy my job so much but I am moving out of province. My job was very stressful at times but I loved every aspect of it. I got to learn new things as the years went by. I will miss everything about this place.
Working as a Unit clerk in the MICU was very rewarding. Everyday was a learning experience. At times it could be intense but I thrive in stressful situations. I am able to handle all kinds of emergencies. Management was there for us and encouraging. My coworkers were wonderful. We were like one big family; working together as a team. The hardest part of the job for me was when a patient was dying; the family. Watching the family was tough. I enjoyed all aspects of my job. The doctors and nurses were wonderful.
Working at the Health Sciences Centre offered the challenge to work with a diverse group of staff. I moved around to different departments over 10 years, which allowed me to develop new skills.