Health Sciences Centre

Health Sciences Centre Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse - Emergency Room

Registered Nurse - Emergency Room2 reviews
Canada2 reviews
I really loved working in that facility.Eventough it is the largest and busiest hospital in Manitoba ,the working environment,staffs especially doctors and nurses and supervisors made the work place a stress free zone for everyone.so much to learn everyday .And I was so surprised to see the staff and doctors working with a smiling face always even in a very worse ,hectic and stressful day.
Love that it is a large hospital and you have the opportunity to move around to different departments to expand your skill set and grow professionally. Its a teaching hospital, so there are always courses and people eager to teach. I like the diverse demographic culture amongst staff and patients. It has ok benefits, the Union rocks! On the other had staff can be very cliquish and immature - love to gossip! Management is superficial and doesn't always have your best interest. They also the exhibit blatant favouritism. HR is a joke/disaster, if they are not alway messing up on your pay cheque (short changing you on your overtime), they are losing or making mistakes on important documents like ROE for maternity leave delaying your income!
Pallister Government turned the whole healthcare system upside down! Thus, causing a lot of people to be bumped or given pink slips from Management to Nurse assistants!

I left! Not worth the drama!
Pros
Teaching Hospital! You will learn a lot
Cons
Staff very cliquish! They love to gossip. Management - UGH!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Health Sciences Centre?