Health Sciences Centre

Health Sciences Centre Employee Reviews for Private Duty Nurse

Private Duty Nurse3 reviews
Canada3 reviews
I have developed most of my nursing skills in this hospital, i love my co- workers , i love my work , shift work was a challenging for my growing family.
A tertiary and trauma hospital that cares and treats patients that has the most needs.
Working in the hemodialysis unit gave me the opportunity to worked with multi-cultural group of people.

I learned the different values and cultures of each patients ethnicity.

Work has been easy and enjoyable, but at times busy and hard when dealing with difficult patients and co workers and the lack of support from the management.
Pros
in service classes
Cons
staff/lunch rooms not provided
I loved this unit. It was my first nursing job and once again I was part of a great team, which made even a hectic day worth coming back. I used every skill that I had learned in Nursing school, it was perfect for a new grad. I was caring for individuals of all ages from minor/major burns to radical head and neck reconstructive surgery. The hardest part of my job was lack of breaks and staying overtime all the time. We had CRN's (Clinical Resource Nurses) that we could go to if we were not sure about something regarding our patient. The most enjoyable part of my job was wound care. I loved doing dressing changes and teaching my patients about preventing infection and how to care for it once they are discharged.
Pros
great team of girls that i worked with. great salary/benefits. fun atmosphere.
Cons
lack of breaks, staying overtime most shifts, less approachable management.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Health Sciences Centre?