Health Sciences Centre Employee Reviews

Love it and hate it!
ER Trauma Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 July 2018
Love that it is a large hospital and you have the opportunity to move around to different departments to expand your skill set and grow professionally. Its a teaching hospital, so there are always courses and people eager to teach. I like the diverse demographic culture amongst staff and patients. It has ok benefits, the Union rocks! On the other had staff can be very cliquish and immature - love to gossip! Management is superficial and doesn't always have your best interest. They also the exhibit blatant favouritism. HR is a joke/disaster, if they are not alway messing up on your pay cheque (short changing you on your overtime), they are losing or making mistakes on important documents like ROE for maternity leave delaying your income!
Pallister Government turned the whole healthcare system upside down! Thus, causing a lot of people to be bumped or given pink slips from Management to Nurse assistants!
I left! Not worth the drama!
Pros
Teaching Hospital! You will learn a lot
Cons
Staff very cliquish! They love to gossip. Management - UGH!
Challenging and extremely rewarding work. I very much enjoyed being a H. S. C. employee.
Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 April 2018
The most enjoyable part of my experience working at H.S.C. was the appreciation that the patients and tjeir families had. Further, the great attitudes and spirits of the patients that I had worked with made every single day so incredibly pleasant & enjoyable!
Pros
I loved wearing scrubs to work every day!
Cons
Having to work shift work as a parent was extremely difficult for my child.
Fosters growth.
Employment Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pearl street20 February 2018
Fosters growth. This seems like a super unnecessary thing for someone just trying to use Indeed as a means to find another job. Why are you asking people to rate their previous employers?
Pros
Fosters growth
Cons
whatever
Nice place
Visiting Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg,Manitoba Canada14 December 2017
Great place to work, the people are friendly but also competitive.
The environment is very cold, the lab I worked is very resourceful. The place was an eye-opener for me in terms of cutting-edge research.
Pros
Friendly people
Important and busy place to work.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 November 2017
Typical day was being prepared with clean uniform and hairnet. Enjoyed serving customers and staff. Management was always available if you had any questions. Hardest part of job was those early morning shifts. The most enjoyable part of job was coming in to work to familiar faces.
Pros
Met nice people
Good work enviroment
Health Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 November 2017
Expect stress on the job as you work in a trauma hospital setting, good support from staff. Great hospital for long term career goals. Learning was constant but rewarding.
Pros
Government facility with union job protection
Cons
Parking for staff is expensive
Productive Workpace
Housekeeping Aide I (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 September 2017
The manager I worked with was very professional and optimistic. The staff of the department in the hospital I worked with was very helpful and friendly with me. I loved the job.
decent place to work
Supervisor - Orthopaedic Technology Services (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg,Manitoba12 September 2017
I worked with a good bunch of people, We learned a lot of technical skills and at this time I had a great manger who promoted initiative and growth. t this time everyday presented new challenges
Pros
Dealing with all types of people
Cons
Long HoursI
Great Learning Environment
Research Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 September 2017
-learned a great deal about healthcare providers and their individual day-to-day jobs
-connected with patients and learned about their health struggles
Good people working hard
Coordinator - Surgical Hearing Implant Program (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 August 2017
Healthcare delivery can often be a thankless job, however the goals and attitudes of the professionals who work at Health Sciences Centre are overwhelmingly positive and directly focused on the patient.
productive
Unit Supply Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 August 2017
overall good place to work even it's consistently busy...Management is very considerate when it comes to family matters...equal opportunity employer.......
Pros
Good management
Cons
pushing hard when busy time
fun
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 July 2017
I was just a volunteer at Health Sciences Center. However, I had a lot of fun volunteering and met new people. They were very friendly and It was a great opportunity.
Pros
free bus tickets
Cons
Awesome people to work with!
Unit Clerk - MICU/CCU (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 July 2017
I love working here! I enjoy my job so much but I am moving out of province. My job was very stressful at times but I loved every aspect of it. I got to learn new things as the years went by. I will miss everything about this place.
It's a decent place.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 June 2017
Overall it's a pretty decent place to work.
My job doesn't involve anything that's too much. Customers are clearly stressed if they're in a hospital so I try to be courteous. Coworkers are friendly.
An ideal place to work.
Pharmacy Technician in Psych Health (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 June 2017
Working at the Health Science Centre pharmacy I learned almost everything I know about pharmacy, the HSC is an exelent teaching hospital.
The pharmacy team made it really easy, and enjoyable for me to go to work everyday, I can say I loved my job at the HSC!
Pros
Oportunities to learn at lunch hour.
fun workplace
General Duty Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 June 2017
I have developed most of my nursing skills in this hospital, i love my co- workers , i love my work , shift work was a challenging for my growing family.
over all it was difficalt for getting hours
Cleaning Aide (Former Employee) –  wpg mb4 May 2017
I was casual.so even though the pay it self is good if you dont get any hours then your at square one. there for any room for advancement is not there and trying to get even pt work it very difficult. you really cant move up in the system it self.
Pros
No pro's at the cleaning end.
Cons
no hours.
great workplace
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 April 2017
enjoying work with co-workers and manager

learning more about transcription

typical day is non-stop transcription in-between breaks

multicultural workplace
Pros
benifits
Productive and fun to work
Housekeepin Aide I (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 April 2017
Health Science is a good hospital. Taking care of their employees and patients. The workplace is enjoyable, everybody seems happy with their jobs. My co-worker, they are fun to work with and I gain a lot of good advices from them.
Great work environment
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 March 2017
I did a 6 week practicum at Health Sciences Centre and I absolutely loved it. Very knowledgeable educated staff and are eager to help teach any one who may need assistance.