Headwaters Health Care Centre

Headwaters Health Care Centre Employee Reviews

Canada6 reviews
I worked here as Part time RN in Emergency. deptt.I liked to work here ,very close to my house.i learned a lot here,only hardest part i find out here my schedule was not fixed and gurnteed shifts.most enjoyable Teamwork .
Very qualified staff. Committed. Growing services and engagement of patients, families and the community. Supported by excellent physician team. Challenged by changing environment and leadership.
Love working here, Hospital has treated me very well. While working in the Operating room have recieved alot of feed back from patients saying what a great experience it has been and how wonderful all the staff have been to them. Its an awesome feeling when you work in a smaller hospital and are treated properly both staff and patients.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Long on call hours
Headwaters does its best to make sure that the patients receive the finest care possible all over. Switchboard answers incoming calls from the public as well as within the hospital. The most important lesson learned was the importance of multitasking and how to keep calm in stressful situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking with the public and making their day better than before coming into or calling the hospital.
A typical day at work as a Registration and Bookings clerk is busy and productive. I enjoy problem solving in creative ways and my approach to handling difficult situations is to put myself in the patient's shoes immediately. This gives me the compassion needed in handling sensitive personal issues related mostly to patient's needs and sometimes frustrations in their search for the best health care they can obtain.

I have learned about team work and being professional in communicating with my co-workers. Always being positive and knowing that positive energy goes a long way in creating a strong work environment. This also includes not speaking poorly about others. I genuinely care for my co-workers. We help each other and have each other's back.

The hardest part of the job is we are booking ultrasounds a month down the road and most patient's want appointments sooner. We offer to put them on a cancellation list but that list is growing. More urgent care patient's get approved for the urgent ultrasound room so in effect patient care is not compromised.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with patients. I enjoy knowing that at the end of my shift I worked hard and do my best to be impeccable with my duties.
Pros
Smiles from happy patient's, co-workers and volunteers and monthly pizza lunches!
Cons
Quite honestly I cannot think of a single con!!!
Absolutely love working here. There is not a day that goes by where I feel stressed or overwhelmed. Everyone is always willing to help if possible. Management is always willing to listen and help with any issues you may have. The doctors are wonderful to work with as well.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Headwaters Health Care Centre?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Headwaters Health Care Centre. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3