HD Supply
Information from HD Supply:

HD Supply Employee Reviews

Canada61 reviews
Best Customers
The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers. The management was pretty solid, just not room for growth. The salary and benefits are above average.
Pros
Opportunity to travel
Cons
Too many back-orders
Amazing company
Amazing culture
Great leadership

Great benefits

Work life balance

Pays well

Management is always help you to move

Great communication with peers and Manager

Everyone is always willing to help
Productive and fast pace working place
As a Branch supervisor responsible to maintain and maximize branch sales.cycle count maintain and develop new customer base.Maintain good working environment with team.
Unfair
Management is horrible lazy unfair drama starting with head office power tripping favouritism management being perverted male dominated constant comments On
Work oriented
- Nice work place
- Well organized and friendly environment

- Very good and helpful training programs

- Productive and work oriented culture

- Wise management
The General Manager will lie to your face
It started out well. Then general manager turned out to be a lier. Keeps hiring all his past co workers as upper management and never hires from within even though he claims that's his goals. He is the biggest fake out their and his inner circle are a bunch of yes man/women and dont care about their workers. This place is losing all their customers and sadly I'm still working in the field and office trying to make a difference
stressful and bad management
very horrible place to work . the people like coworkers are nice but management is beyond horrible .

very stressful place to work and you are treated like a number .
Good place to work with a great team
Good place to work with a great team with vast knowledge. Good and fair management as well. There is plenty to learn but they are fair and patient teachers (most of the time).
Great place for a short time
At a store level it's great until district managers get involved, then it's a joke, It's not all bad if you like being under appreciated, under paid and taken advantage of.. 10/10 would recommend McDonald's over this place.. at least they embrace the clown running the show..
Horrible
HD Supply has undergone many changes through the coarse of my time there, and sadly it was not good changes. Leadership blatantly picks favorites, leaving skilled and well qualified associates pigeon-holed with no hope of advancement. This stems from a culture of jealousy by these leaders who can never accept lower-level associates possessing more knowledge and experience than they do. When faced with such associates, rather than rejoice at the fact they have people who can bring success to the company, they instead make a concerted effort to keep them down both in terms of position and pay.

Personally speaking, this is what I experienced. When I arrived at HD Supply I came with a wealth of industry experience from my time in the construction trade as a Chief Estimator and Project Manager. Sadly, after a change in leadership I was relegated to "muppet" status, where I was expected to train and mentor soon to be managers, yet being told I could not advance. I worked at different branches in that capacity in the hopes of being given the opportunity to advance, but being told an emphatic no. The end came for me after I became ill, on the job no less and as a result of being told to do something no one person should have done alone. Of course, after becoming ill everyone from leadership to HR took the "innocence" approach in that; "no one told you to do that"! So when my doctor sent me back to work on modified duties, it was then the harassment started in which I was no longer on the counter or mentoring, but put in the role of shipping and receiving where I pretty much reached
 - more...
Greta place to work, in transition to updated processes.

Each store is setup by/configured from being bought out and by each manager. Not standardized but Great management at the locations.
Pros
Greta place to work, free lunch Fridays
Cons
In transition to new work process's little janky
Sucks
Over worked under paid. My manager had expectations for me to complete while the other two employees stayed up from at the count and did nothing. Not even when there was down time.

Extremely stressful environment to work in for the amount of money they pay you.
under achieved management team
Inappropriate Interview space . interviewed at a food retailer
Inexperienced Interviewers

Tell you one thing >> then they do the opposite asked for a call to let me know the out come … and got no reply!!!!
Stay Away
Just Stay Away. Backward thinking, high pressure sales with a ridiculous over priced structure. Us and them Management style. Imagine if the Mean Girls grew up and ran a Sales District. That is HD Supply.
poor
I was at HD Supply for 7 months. The atmosphere is at times strained by the certain personalities that work in the store. There was little to no training when I started. There is no support when it comes to learning the job. Everything is done manually, not much work done on computers.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
lack of training
Sucks so avoid
Useless management with dated thinking and micromanage all employees. Avoid like the plague. Better environment and more respect working fast food or retail.
US operates well with respect, not in Canada.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list so just avoid this place totally.
shipping
the job is mind-blowing for me everyone is very kind but some are not but the HD supply manager is very good in nature he always treats me like son. He taught me how to ship the parcel and other etc. At last, I never forget that place in my life.
Horrible management
After reading the other review on here regarding toxic management I had no choice but to write a review as well. That review is beyond accurate. When I worked there and challenged this toxic management they fired me! This Company will only continue to have a high turnover rate because the real problem isn’t being fixed.
Great Pay/Toxic Culture
The field and the clients are fantastic. Great opportunity. The management group is incredibly toxic and they have implemented a sequence of accountabilities shirking that results in the bottom levels having high churn rates. Until the company realizes this and replaces these individuals this will not change.
Look elsewhere, avoid sw ont - avoid Brafasco!!!
very poor culture, playing favorites and smart people are penalized.
still operating in the 1980's and they're proud of it

favorite saying "we've always done it this way"

micromanaging everyone from sales to head office
Pros
most co-workers are ok, as long as they aren't throwing you under the bus
Cons
way too many to list, just run!
Great Work environment and very friendly
Follow up on Calls, email and all inquiries
Opportunity Log

Hit Target

Quotes, order, returns

Souring non-stock product from vendors
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Far from home and Salary