Haztech

Haztech Employee Reviews

Took on a temp part-time role & it was a mess from the get go. Had trouble getting hold of management on the phone or in person when I had questions & was told it was because of "organizational change". But when my buddy worked security there last yr he had the same issues and got the same excuses from Ops. They seem to have trouble keeping staff. Only good thing I have to say is that I got paid on time & the amount was what was in my agremeent. Will not do security for them in the future.
Haztech was a good company to work for they were very knowledgeable regards to what they wanted you to do and what you had to do for them. When I went to work for Haztec I was give us specific directions and instructions on where to go and how to get there it was a very easy transition any issue that I ever had while work for them was it was addressed right away I would highly recommend this company
Really enjoyed working for Haztech. The owner and VP took really good care of me. I was very grateful for the opportunity in working for the contract I was on. Too bad it ended fairly quickly.
I have had the pleasure to work with Haztech for 2 years. I’ve worked with a couple industrial companies and Haztech is by far the best one to work for. They have great communication with their staff. From HR to operation management, they work with you on schedule to meet your needs. They do what ever they can to accommodate you while on the road. Fair wages. I’d definitely recommend working for Haztech. Great place to work.
Great place to work. Managers and office members are very cooperative. Company vehicle and good accommodation provided while on out of city jobs. Quick response from office in case of any doubt , issue or emergency .
Pros
Chance to travel and explore new areas
Cons
The management team micro manages everything and doesn’t let the managers of other areas do their job You don’t get to make decisions for the team without it being micro managed There’s no organization in the company
I had the opportunity to meet peoples & travel all over the Saskatchewan province. I also had the opportunity to travel to other provinces & lead a crew
working with haztech was great even though it was a contract job I had a lot of fun working with the people I had on my crew. they were a great bunch of people.
Run by a wanna be firefighter. Claims to have over 12 years experience as a PCP but doesn’t know the PCP scope from an ACP scope of practice. Supplies are outdated and the vehicles are a nightmare. You are expected to do their work on your day off. They often confuse the word medic with mechanic. Protect your medical license and go elsewhere
Pros
Cons
This is a con
They pay drastically under what you’re worth. I took a job on call. $4/hr on call 24 hrs a day with $25 when called in. I was on for one month straight. I could have made more at a minimum wage job, and have more days off too. The management was disorganized. The IV kit they gave me had butterfly needles used for bloodwork and not for IV therapy. Don’t waste your time
Pros
You can only get a better job after here
Cons
Pay, management, work/life balance
Company is very poorly managed with terrible communication, organization, and insufficient training. High turnover of nurses. Don't be surprised if training is cut short and you are rushed to go to site the following week. You are expected to work as an occupational health nurse with bare minimum 3 day training. Upon arrival to site you will only have one day with your cross shift and then you are on your own. No training on defibrillator, no clinical resources provided, no interview or references will be contacted. Too many red flags, pay is not nearly as much as should be for working at a northern site. Always had problems with payroll. Too sketchy and high chance of losing your nursing license with this company operated by ex paramedics who do not comprehend SRNA standards and regulations.
Pros
N/a
Cons
payroll, training, management
The management doesn't care about employees they just look at the money. You can sleep on the job and still keep your job. Don't waste your time applying here.
Poor quality of management.. worked for 5 months for them got paid mear min wagel no benefits . Also was overnights and then hopped to days randomly through out the week. Got a letter stating 2 people put of 7 would keep there fulltime positions. While everyone else is casual . Ended up quittin with 4 others.. to continue got on ei but they lied to them and said i was sleeping on the job as of the other 4 of us Wernt ever .. worst job ever liars and the company is a joke.
Pros
Cons
Its all bad
Was hired and told job was 2 to 2 1/2 years. Job was over in six months. Organizational skills were very inept. Staff lied to routinely. Poorest of orientation I’ve seen. Inadequately stocked vehicles. Terrible accommodations provided.
Pros
Cons
Structure. Direction. Management. Pay. Equipment.
Clearly defined parameters for Medical Team Lead, does not micro manage and allows you to practice to your full scope. Is willing to get anything that is requested that is needed and not sloughed off
Good position for entry level experience. Management is tough to deal with. Management keeps their employees in the dark. Depending on the site, it is usually along drive and long days. Very unorganized.
Pros
Pay
Cons
its a nice place to work and staffs in there are sociable. this company helps you to get in touch with many big guys in the city which helps students get t know much employers to assist in after school job application
Pros
pay on spot
Cons
no mileage paid
Haztech is a good company and a great starting point for people looking to get into firefighting. they are a young company with young management who is gaining experience quickly and making haztech a national competitor. The crews and fellow coworkers were amazing to work with and made my time with haztech very enjoyable.
Pros
great crews, good guys, good on resume.
Cons
lack of benefits, long drive to main contract w/o pay.